• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Celtic League Thread 05/06

Our forwards have been really good this season, line outs (bar the Borders game) have been top notch I think. I'm lucky to have a season ticket at Edinburgh so I get to see the best of them. I think we're just as good as Munster so we can win...it'll be tough but there's no reason as to why we can't. It'll probably be a draw though...
<

I'm glad Edinburgh won in Leinster already, cause they way your picking up results now makes it sound tough.

Yeah was dissappointed with that one, being an international weekend we should have done better considering all the Edinburgh players who would have been off with the Scottish setup, doesn't say much for our strength in depth.

Dissappointing loss for Ulster at the Sportsground. Really should have been 4 points for Ulster on paper. Doesn't count for much though quite often, Connacht are always a tricky team to play against, they may be limited but can certainly be effective with their gameplan. Should be looking to get off the bottom and even push for that playoff spot, although would take a huge effort from now till the end of the season.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 31 2005, 02:44 PM
and Contepomi's just sealed the bonus for us.
An Tarbh, how did Felipe play today, and how has he been going this season for Leinster?

He's a legend, had a decent game, got binned in the second half, made some great breaks, really gets the backs ticking, and of course finished it off with a try in the corner to get the bonus. Class act. Needs to improve his discipline a little, that's 2 yellows in 3 games.

Leinster were class today, Contepomi's two tries were brilliant.

Twice the ref let ROG put the ball back on the tee after it fell for a conversion and didn't let Leinster charge.

I have to find my friend's dad (fanatical Munster fan) and ask him which hurt more: Hearing the final whistle or watching his pack get pushed over their own line.

Leinster now enter the fray for the Celtic League ***le. 4 teams can win, Munster, Edinburgh, Leinster and Ulster are all sepeated by only a few points.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 31 2005, 04:27 PM
He's a legend, had a decent game, got binned in the second half, made some great breaks, really gets the backs ticking, and of course finished it off with a try in the corner to get the bonus. Class act. Needs to improve his discipline a little, that's 2 yellows in 3 games.
Cheers An Tarbh, good to hear he is doing so well. Always been a flair player.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner+Dec 31 2005, 05:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Dec 31 2005, 05:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@Dec 31 2005, 06:02 PM
Don't forget Cardiff 
<

<
Oh yes Cardiff! I'm running down to put a bet on them! Lora said so! [/b]
<
Don't do that! I saw his prediction for Irish-Wasps today, and went down, put 100 quid on irish, and they lost!

Lora, let's take a look at your track record -

PREDICTION
Wales to beat NZ - NZ wiped the floor with Wales
Wales to beat South Africa - SA comfortable winners
Wales to beat Australia - Holly crap you got this one right! Have a biscuit
NZ to hump Scotland - NZ won but it was far from comfortable
Irish to beat Wasps - Wrong

So if my maths is any good out of the predictions I can remember you've only got 1 right. Not that great is it?

well i didnt think wales would win the gs last season and they did.

so maybe youre right.

disgusting by the ospreys today - there looking one dimensional and are severely lacking confidence

the big game now in my eyes in terms of the regions prospects comes tommorow

the blues vs scarlets

daffyd james is given the job of marking lomu - and im sorry to say - well actually as a welshmen im not - but i think in present circumstances james will eat him alive.

I dunno if he'll 'eat him alive' but Jonah's one big muthaf***a and I could still trample defenders. But I think I know where your comming from. Lomu's been injured for a long, long time so he won't be all that brilliant. That said - he'll still do some damage.

Latest posts