• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Celtic League Thread 05/06

leinster are shocking IMO
and the blues would rag them at the moment

the celtic cup was scrapped i believe.

Jeez lora the Blouse might be improving but just because they beat a poor and underperforming Dragons team at home with a few faulty tries dosen't mean they'll demolish the rest of the league.

The Celtic Cup was replaced with the Rainbow cup.

Lora, your inabillity to predict amuses me. Musnter are too strong just now (though I expect them to loose at Murrayfield in a couple weeks
<
) and Edinburgh have won everygame at Murrayfield in the Celtic League so far. I appreciate your patriotic, and I am too with Scotland, but it blinds you to see past the fact that Wales aren't all that great. I expect you to use your usual petty comback, 'nya nyah Scotland are pish, nyah nyah'. Your predictions are rubbish.

Too tight to call just now (I know Munster are ahead by 5 points but I'm hoping that defecit can be reduced on the 7th) but I think the top 3 will be Edinburgh, Munster and Ulster (doesn't mean that's what I think it'll be - purely alphabetical) and only seperated by a few points, 4 at most.

my predictions aint that patriotic - i am an ospreys fan through and through and i expect them to finnish mid table, i think the blues will finnish top as they have a beasty pack - the best prop in the world, a mobile and robust backrow, argruably the second best sh in the cl and they have an exciting back line.

and by the way the rainbow cup hasnt been given the go ahead yet, and even if it had it would start till september/october

There's no Celtic Cup this year cause the Rainbow Cup will probably replace it. Plus this stupid Anglo-Welsh Cup that the WRU insisted on doing. IMO Wales should've been kicked out for it, let them go run to England as they so often do when it suits them (not just Rugby).

Cardiff have had this suposed brilliant back all season but they're still languishing mid-table. The pack isn't even that great and I presume that the 'best prop in the world' is Welsh? Yes, I thought so. Face it Lora, Welsh rugby's off the pace this season.

no i beg to differ - we had a slow start granted - but its not really any different to last year.

ok we have no on et present challenging in the cl - but our regions have games in hand and if the blues or the scralets pick up wins it would thrust them right into the fray - last year the welsh regions were complete an utter shite in the hec - this year apart from the dragons they have been ok, with each one pulling of some good performances and the blues looking a dead cert for the qf.

the autum series last year wales lost to both of the big teams they played, this year we started of slow and got better as time went on - the fiji game was shocking but there was signs during the sa game that we were finding our feet and the aus game it showed, where we played some scintilating rugby.This aint the case of being biased its just my logic - last year pur regions were crap - i dont rlly count the cl as a proper competition if im honest and it really should be scrapped - this idea that its a nh s12/14 is farsical. i think that the national team will still be very competitive this year and i do think that they will win at least 3 games in the 6 nations with eng and fra being very close.

gethin jenkins IMO is the best prop in the world, its got nothing to do with the fact hes welsh its just my opinion. what youre saying is that i only think hes the best prop in the world because hes welsh - well i dont think stephen jones is the best fly half in the world just because hes welsh - so youre arguement there is slightly flawed.

i am patriotic i wont deny that or hide away from it - i always try to be positive and always believe we will win - what the point thinking that where going to loose. Rugby is our national game and is steeped with rich tradition and history - and i love that history - in my opinion though a team that beats australlia is not going through a rough patch - compared to what wales have been used to in the 90's if thats a rough patch im sure we'll take it.

How the hell can you say a welsh team will win the CL? It's all fine and well them winning their games in hand but do you think that Munster, Edinburgh and Ulster are going to start loosing? No, we're not. Why? Cause we're better than all of the welsh teams. Edinburgh have only lost once to a welsh team this year (though I'll grant you we've only played Llanelli twice and the Dragons once) and that was only because they were lucky enough to have a fourth official who can't add right. I'll put money on a Welsh team NOT finnishing inside the top 3.

Don't want to turn this into a Jenkins debate but he's not the best prop in the world, not even the NH. Hayman and Sheridan are the best props I think. Don't get me wrong, he's good but he's not anything special.

thats youre opinion it depends what type of game youre side is going to play, sheridan would not be welcome in the welsh team we prefer a more all rounded prop - not a f***ing one trick pony

thats youre opinion it depends what type of game youre side is going to play, sheridan would not be welcome in the welsh team we prefer a more all rounded prop - not a f***ing one trick pony
LMAO! Sheridan is a better ball carrier than Horsman, but you guys were so desperate to have him. Seriously though, you don't have to BS your feelings behind being patriot. England would love a SH like Peel and a centre like Shanklin. I suppose none of the English players would be wanted by Wales though...

[/QUOTE]argruably the second best sh in the cl
Well that is debeatable. I'm not pretending to know a lot about the CL but I'm pretty sure that the list starts

Cuister
Peel
Blair

than maybe Phillips. He is no way better than Cuister or Peel.

percisely the gunners are only 7 pts above the blues and they have two games in hand

and cussiter is not a better player than peel - no way.

Dunno, When Cusiter is on form he's good. Bit inexperienced though so if I had to choose between the two of them I'd take Peel.

Cardiff only have one game in hand, Edinburgh don't play this weekend and have the 4 points for the 'free weekend'. So Cardiff aren't anywhere near us just now. Silly boy/girl whatever you are.

IMO Cuister has performed well behind a poor pack. Peel is an excellent player as well but I would take Cuister over Peel, although I expect more would prefer Peel.

However, this is irrelevant in the arguement, since Lora said Phillips is the second best in the league. Anyone else agree?

Also,
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
and cussiter is not a better player than peel - no way.[/b]

can't you put some sort of arguement across WHY he is, rather than just stating it so.

cusiter is a predictable run of the mill sh - where as i prefer a more enigmatic sh - peel is always alert - cusiter aint as fast as peel

and Contepomi's just sealed the bonus for us.

**** sake though we don't have the best record against Munster but the way Robson was going on you'd swear we hadn't beaten Munster in years. We've lost our last 3 to Munster, that's hardly a slump.

Hopefully you'll win. Also means Munster would be comming to Murrayfield on the back of a defeat and we'd be rested so hopefully that would work for us.

Not necessarily, Munster are never the team you want to face after a defeat, will only focus them more for the task in hand, plus they won't want to be going to Castres with back to back defeats. They seem to have that freakish ability of bouncing back from bad defeats.

Yeah, though it's at Murrayfield so I'm confident we can win though not with the bonus I think. I'd hoped Leinster wouldn't get the bonus today but it's no biggy.

Was dissappointed with Munster today, they were dominant up front for large periods, particularly in the first half yet they couldn't take their chances, credit to the Leinster defence but the Munster pack should have come away with more scores, if they can be a bit more clinical next week then they'll probably come away with the win.

haven't seen a huge amount of Edinburgh since this year so I don't know where they'll pose problems for Munster, although credit to Edinburgh for their home record this season, methinks this'll be a close one.

Latest posts