• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 1 Pool 5 (Bath, Leinster, Toulon, Wasps)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
zJUuXon.png

Leinster.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
London%20Wasps.png

15/11/2015, 13:00
Live on BT Sports & beIN Sports
Toulon.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Bath.png

15/11/2015, 16:15
Live on FR2 & BT Sports & beIN Sports

Last edited:
As an England and Wasps supporter, I now have 'pool of death' fatigue

I reckon Toulon will tear Bath apart. Looked pretty poor so far this season - good win vs London Irish but it was against 14 men, and Irish are in dire straights so far this season.
Leinster vs Wasps could be the game of the round.

Two handy home wins I think. Two sides who struggled a bit with the RWC And are now coming into form against sides who aren't playing at the level they should be. Next week should be a cracking round but I don't see any surprises here.

Will Gopperth be playing? He never got on well here but ex players are always given a great welcome back.

Gopperth banned as Olyy says and not much of a loss right now to be honest.

As for this pool, unfortunately, I see wasps being more of a nuisance than anything else; capable of beating most on our day but hopeless away from home and inconsistent generally. If it clicks though.... Well let's wait and see. Shams Leiua is still out

What a group, I can see Wasps beating Leinster and Bath at home but that's about it for them. They are a dangerous side though and it wouldn't be out the realms of possibility for them to win this weekend.
Toulon will win by 15+ and get a tbp, bath I don't think will qualify which is a shame as they look to have built well and this was the season I thought they would come to the table in Europe.

Nacewa out, Madigan in and Marsh to the bench. Very worried, with us playing such a makeshift backline and a relatively slow back three against a backline filled with players who can make a break at any time. I almost wish the weather was as bad as it was yesterday because I trust our pack and half backs but alas.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

As someone who dislikes the Kearney brothers THAT. WAS. GLORIOUS.

Referee has been ok but doesn't seem to know the rules on when the ball is out. The scrum half having his hands on the ball does not mean the ball is out. Or at least, not in the book of every other referee out there at the moment.

We're looking surprisingly ok, touch wood. Some issues with Festuy though

It's no secret that Rob is a handsome devil, but Dave looks like he's been hit in the face with a spade.

I've always thought Rob was the better looking one but a lot of people seem to think Dave is.

Anyway Reddan's handling has been terrible and it's hurting us a lot, really low passes leading to handling errors which is killing our momentum.

Need SO'B to be ok.

Been a really good game, the pace of the Wasps backline is scary. Daly has looked good and Piutau is just a class above the rest at the moment.

Referee has been ok but doesn't seem to know the rules on when the ball is out. The scrum half having his hands on the ball does not mean the ball is out. Or at least, not in the book of every other referee out there at the moment.

Think he said it was behind the hindmost foot.

Latest posts