• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Connacht v Ulster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Sep 27 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 26 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lads was listening on radio there and review of game last night there is reports of major argument that erupted at half-time between Bradley, Gavin Duffy and Dan McFarland (Forwards Coach). Can anyone confirm this or suggest a reason. It hard to work out why a forwards coach and Duffy would be involved unless it was originally Duffy and Bradley with McFarland intervening[/b]
Very interesting. What radio station did you hear it on? If it's true senior players are rallying against their coach, Bradley won't win that power struggle.
[/b][/quote]
Was on Galway Bay FM but wasn't confirmed! But yeah I think the players want Elwood to be top man there as he is Connacht true and true. But should be interesting to see if IRFU step in should these rumours be true

Back to the game, or more accurately post match analysis. Did anybody else hear Franno call Ulster "Plastic Paddies"? At first I found this slightly amusing (he was sh*t stirring as usual) but then I had a look at the team. Only 5 of the starting XV for Friday's game were born and bred Ulstermen - Henry, Faloon, Humphreys, Wallace and Cave. The other 10 starting players were born outside Ireland although Court, Kyriacou (sp?), O'Donoghue, Touhy and Boss are all qualified to play for Ireland. Does this belie the widely held assumption that there's a lot of talent coming through in Ulster?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Sep 27 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Back to the game, or more accurately post match analysis. Did anybody else hear Franno call Ulster "Plastic Paddies"? At first I found this slightly amusing (he was sh*t stirring as usual) but then I had a look at the team. Only 5 of the starting XV for Friday's game were born and bred Ulstermen - Henry, Faloon, Humphreys, Wallace and Cave. The other 10 starting players were born outside Ireland although Court, Kyriacou (sp?), O'Donoghue, Touhy and Boss are all qualified to play for Ireland. Does this belie the widely held assumption that there's a lot of talent coming through in Ulster?[/b]
Was having this conversation and also noticed this and my friend pointed out also that over previous few seasons they have alot of players who aren't internationals. Do the IRFU not have quota on oversea players and does this count only for Soutjern Hemisphere players or does players from scotland italy etc fall under this

Latest posts