• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

@TRF_Olyy about now:
comment GIF

From all the reporters it looks like a few surprises are in the squad, the following have all been said to be in (the top 4 having the strongest links):

Orlando Bailey
Alfie Barbeary
Kyle Hatherell
Jack Nowell
Ollie Hasell-Collins
Will Godrick-Clarke
Ryan Ackerman
Luke Northmore

Is it too much to ask for Dombrandt to play 8 and Curry at 7. Suppose that leaves question marks over who to play at 6 (Lawes or Underhill). Anyone tempted to play Lawes in the second row and drop Hill? Or is that really harsh?

Is it too much to ask for Dombrandt to play 8 and Curry at 7. Suppose that leaves question marks over who to play at 6 (Lawes or Underhill). Anyone tempted to play Lawes in the second row and drop Hill? Or is that really harsh?
Lawes doesn't play lock for us (saints) really any more as he's just too weak/light weight baby there. So no way should we be starting him at lock internationally.

Thread meltdown in t-minus 3hrs and 30mins …
That's slander!

Show me proof that this thread has ever melted down from Jones' ridiculous and ludicrous selection choices that deserve to have random rugby fans on the internet angrily post their outrage and disgust.

I'm relaxed. With a squad of 36, not even Jones can go too far wrong. *

* Reserve right to change mind, content of this post may not be relied on etc.

It'll be more about who gets left out than anything else. Having a bunch of call ups who don't play just so as they can shake hands with the first team isn't exactly unheard of

Could make a big impact on the Premiership though. I'm particularly thinking of Wasps, Bath and Northampton being left with a pretty thin squad

It'll be more about who gets left out than anything else. Having a bunch of call ups who don't play just so as they can shake hands with the first team isn't exactly unheard of

Could make a big impact on the Premiership though. I'm particularly thinking of Wasps, Bath and Northampton being left with a pretty thin squad
surely its pretty hard to make a case for Bath suffering much with call ups?

if anything they may end up better off than expected given the form of Underhill and the number of alternatives in way better shape

Quins too. We could be 6 or 7 first team players down (Marler, Smith, Dombrandt, Marchant likely plus possibly Northmore, Collier and Lynagh).

surely its pretty hard to make a case for Bath suffering much with call ups?

if anything they may end up better off than expected given the form of Underhill and the number of alternatives in way better shape

I'm not really talking about numbers of players so much as injury-hit teams that will be losing some of their solutions to the training camp. England are apparently picking Orlando Bailey for it. Bath might also lose Ewels and Stuart as well as Underhill, maybe Spencer too.

I just want Dan Cole and Josh Bassett in and i'm happy.

From Wasps our contenders surely are:

Strong Chance: Barbeary
Possible: T Willis, West, Stooke
Outside Change: Umaga (Jones always seems to like him), Atkinson (as a apprentice), Odogwu, Frost, Shields, Crossdale

Realistically with J Wilis, Launchbury and Robson out we are unlikely to get many to any call ups but if i had to pick I wouldn't rule out Barbeary or T Willis. I'd pick them both over Hatherell and Ackermann.

I'm not really talking about numbers of players so much as injury-hit teams that will be losing some of their solutions to the training camp. England are apparently picking Orlando Bailey for it. Bath might also lose Ewels and Stuart as well as Underhill, maybe Spencer too.
Fair enough

Latest posts