• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

The revolving door continues, ****** that Radwan isn't involved as I don't think we have another winger like him. Lots of shiny new toys but I'll be shocked if the 23 for Scotland isnt like the following:

Marler, LCD, Sinckler, Itoje, Hill, Lawes, Curry, Dombrandt
Youngs, Smith, May, Farrell, Slade, Malins, Steward

George, Genge, Stuart, Ewels, Barbeary, Simmonds, Quirke, Marchant
Radwan is so out of form due to the massive pressure on him to constantly produce magic for a team that has the attacking ability of a 12 old schoolboys side.
And wing has massive competition...I rate Hassel Collins highly.

Not as bad as expected but still some poor choices,

Will be able to make a decent side out of the players (well, if EJ picks the right guys) but then behind the first choicers there's some head scratchers

Not that surprised at Radwan. Jones did say he was a **** trainer but just pulled it out the bag at games.

Thats the biggest thing for Eddie

Lawes, Curry, Barbeary is a potential back row that excites me a lot. 3 guys who do exactly what their position requires of them.

Radwan is so out of form due to the massive pressure on him to constantly produce magic for a team that has the attacking ability of a 12 old schoolboys side.
And wing has massive competition...I rate Hassel Collins highly.
This. OHC's call-up is overdue and fully deserved. I know others don't rate Nowell, but I'm not at all surprised by his recall and he's in good form.

Right now, Radwan isn't. Not entirely his fault, but he isn't demanding a place in the squad. You could say the same about Lynagh to some extent (he's been scoring tries but isn't doing that much elsewhere).

I'm actually pretty happy with that squad. Collier can probably count himself unlucky, but a bit of a relief from a Quins POV.

TBH only really annoyed by the inclusion of Farrell and Ewels. Other picks aren't perfect but there are no clear alternatives.

Still got an issue with THP and the centres though.

By position:
LP - Genge, Marler, Rodd
HK - Blamire, Cowan-Dickie, George
TP - Heyes, Sinckler, Stuart
LK - Chessum, Ewels, Hill, Itoje
FL - Curry, Lawes, Ludlam
N8 - Barbeary, Dombrandt, Simmonds
SH - Quirke, Randall, Youngs
FH - Bailey, Farrell, Smith
IC - Atkinson
OC - Marchant, Northmore, Slade
WG - Hassell-Collins, May, Nowell
FB - Freeman, Furbank, Malins, Steward
Is Freeman having a amazing season? Because bar EJs interest in him i bearly heard anything about him. OHC is a great player vut why is him or freeman over Radwan?

Is Faz there for leadership in training and zero impact from the bench?

So first game id go

Genge
LCD
Sinks
Itoje
Lawes
Barbeary
Curry
Dombrandt

Quirke
Smith
Marchant - 13 cover
Atkinson
Slade - 12cover
Malins - FB cover
Steward

Marler
George
Hayes, give him a shot
Hill
Simmonds
Youngs(Randall but youngs will be in the 23, Randal to bench if Quirke unavailable)
Faz (shouldnt but will be there)
Furbank, Nowell, May, Freeman, OHC...who ever

Not a bad squad, bar Underhill who is left out?

Freeman has been very good when he's played. He picked up an injury in Dec so is only just starting to re-appear.

With Underhill it might be concussion related? I guess the plus is that it should mean Curry at 7 with Ludlam/Simmonds as the back ups.

Lawes, Curry, Barbeary is a potential back row that excites me a lot. 3 guys who do exactly what their position requires of them.
I really like Barbs Curry Dombrandt, barbeary as the big carrier with Dombrandt able to work with Smith and run smart lines and not constantly into heavy traffic.

Also 2 carriers means Curry, one of the best 7s in the world....can be a 7 and do 7 things.
Itoje lawes at lock. Hill Simmonds on the bench.

Latest posts