• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

100% agree with you. As I've said elsewhere, it annoys me that Barbeary's development seems to be coming at the expense of Tom Willis'. Barbeary might become a better player, but right now, I'd argue Tom is superior and definitely has the 'more rounded skill set'.

100% agree with you. As I've said elsewhere, it annoys me that Barbeary's development seems to be coming at the expense of Tom Willis'. Barbeary might become a better player, but right now, I'd argue Tom is superior and definitely has the 'more rounded skill set'.
But...but....big man go smash!

Don't you miss the days where we were like "eh Robshaw, Haskell and Vunipola aren't great but they will do the job, we don't really have anyone else" and selection was so much simpler. The time when the Prem collectively decided that competing at the breakdown wasn't really a thing?

Don't you miss the days where we were like "eh Robshaw, Haskell and Vunipola aren't great but they will do the job, we don't really have anyone else" and selection was so much simpler. The time when the Prem collectively decided that competing at the breakdown wasn't really a thing?
Well now we can have Willis Curry and Dombrandt and compete for everything! ;)

Forgotten men that I've seen little of.

What's Odogwu's form like? Flavour of the month 18 months ago then injury and seemingly now radio silence.

Similar question on Lawrence although his chances of a recall under Jones fall somewhere between negligible and sweet FA.

Both been almost constantly injured since last involvement

Odogwu easing back in now but not back up to standard yet,
Lawrence came off the bench in the Prem Cup final and looked real good

Odogwu's lost his starting spot on the wing to a 34 year old scrum half. I'm being slightly facetious as it's not as though Hougaard lacks experience as a winger, but it's still not a position you want to be in as an aspiring England player.

Agreed on Lawrence. He looked powerful and hungry and TBH, I don't think a recall is impossible if he shows he's responding in the right way. Eddie basically likes anything that proves he's right. If Lawrence comes back better, he would just claim he had a part in refocusing him whether it was the truth or not.

Odogwu's lost his starting spot on the wing to a 34 year old scrum half. I'm being slightly facetious as it's not as though Hougaard lacks experience as a winger, but it's still not a position you want to be in as an aspiring England player.

Agreed on Lawrence. He looked powerful and hungry and TBH, I don't think a recall is impossible if he shows he's responding in the right way. Eddie basically likes anything that proves he's right. If Lawrence comes back better, he would just claim he had a part in refocusing him whether it was the truth or not.
With Lawrence a call up isnt impossible but really dont think he should be called up as a 12. And thats the issue we have quite a few 13s. At 12 he reminds me abit of Teo(maybe better than teo but still) good runner but just doesnt make metres or have the passing game and gets abit lost in games. Thats my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'm not saying he should be called up, just that I wouldn't outright dismiss the possibility if he plays well next season.

Depending on how our midfield lines up, he's probably 4th choice behind Tuilagi, Slade and Marchant at best.

Odogwu? I was talking about Ollie Lawrence!

Ahh ok.

Honestly imo the only Worcester player I am that interested in is Hill @8.
He's got the speed to line break, and unlike a few options he's extremely physical and could see him being the blunt crash ball option when needed.

Ahh ok.

He's got the speed to line break, and unlike a few options he's extremely physical and could see him being the blunt crash ball option when needed.
Ive been calling for this move for years .... glad to see Diamond heard me :D ;)

I think he'll be a cracking 8.

Ahh ok.

Plus he's a lineout option which is apparently the only thing that matters with backrowers these days

Borthwick the clear front runner for england according to Fissler

Personally think it's way too soon, especially given the way tigers have played in their big knock out games and even the last month or so we have looked pretty flat.

And for a coach that hates the media and giving them information I can see the media turning on him as soon as results don't go out way.

Last edited:
I don't remember him ever playing there for us. Really hope he stays at wing or FB.
Much as I've been a fan of Slade, the 13 discussion should now be starting and finishing with Marchant. Been consistently impressive for some time and not just the highlight reel stuff.

Inside, well whisper it quietly, but it looks like Farrell has rediscovered some form.

Did Tuilagi go off as a precaution or is he crocked again?

Latest posts