• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v New Zealand

Haha, strongly agree. I'd love to replace Ian Jones, Justin Marshall, Karl Te Nana, Aaron Mauger, Rua Tipoki and to a lesser extent Grant Fox and Murray Mexted, with commentators that may have not played rugby to a high level, but know what they're talking about. You look at who are probably New Zealand's best commentators currently, and it's Grant Nisbett, Tony Johnson and Scotty Stevenson, none of whom have played professional rugby, but all of whom know how to call a game, and know what they're talking about. Justin Marshall, while being a good player, is unbarable to listen to.

I'd do a good job as a commentator, methinks...

Sumo is the best, he's hilarious at times. I used to like the NZ commentators, but now it's gotten to the point where I'd rather listen to Oz English ones - maybe just to hear some foreign opinions. Never heard Mauger, what's he commentated on?

no he isn't, have you even watched him play? Incredibly stupid comment

Incredibly stupid? I guess you've never said anything incredibly stupid then have you? It wasn't the most elegant description of his skills, but he leans more to the offload in a tackle style of play than Conrad Smith will. His bumping off of tackles in a few NPC games, such as his breaking four in one play in the game against Southland, kind of lend him to that style well.

The fact I didn't analyse things down to an infinitely small degree before I posted doesn't give you the right to call my views incredibly stupid. I've had a lot more important things on my mind this week than making sure I analyse SBW absolutely correctly to serve his fans. Please use some manners and say things like "Nope, think your wrong there", "Sorry, but just can't agree with that", instead of acting like you seem to always do?

Latest posts