• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Australia

The wallabies have been playing like ****, and as much as it pains me to say it, England are in with a big chance.

That is the tabloids.

You do realise the same staff edit and produce content for the English, Irish and Scottish Suns?

Thus, its hilarious when you see a story saying "Ireland running scared of England!" in the English Sun and "Ireland to bash the English!" In the Irish Sun when you KNOW the same guy wrote and edited the stories!!!!

O'Connor is gonna have another nightmare if he's selected again at fullback by Dingo Deans.

Wilko & Geraghty to bombard him all day long...

Any idea when the Aussie team is due to be named? Robbie 'dingo' Deans has some hard choices to make, particularly in the make-up of his backline. I imagine the forward pack will be similar to that that played against the AB's last week, though George Smith should be back (at the expense of either Palu or Pocock), and there will again be a toss-up who starts at hooker between Polota-Nau and Moore.

The the halves (Genia and Giteau) will remain the same, but the remaining backline spots are all up for grabs. Ashley-Cooper and Ioane should be assured of spots though exactly where I don't know. For the Wallabies sake I really hope they play Ashley-Cooper at 15 and not James O'Conner. O'Conner struggled under the high ball against the likes of Cory Jane - Banahan won't even need to jump against him! I've attached a photo of O'Conner and Banahan to show just how big the size difference between the two is (you may not recognise Banahan as he has dyed his hair)
two-year-old-stacey-with-baby-wallaby.jpg

Aw, i upset little old Wally by saying his team is crap... Boo hoo...

Anyway, Australia have a **** load to prove, and if they play that clever game of theirs, then it's going to be tight. Australia have blown hot and cold this year. The fact that this is a Grand Slam tour might give them a little extra confidence.

England need to prevent falling into the trap of over-confidence as well. This is going to be a very good game i think.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Nov 4 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wilko & Geraghty to bombard him all day long...[/b]

Assuming Geraghty sees any ball instead of Wilkinson kicking it away for the whole match, expect to see Blondylocks run it virtually every time. He's not a percentages 10,, at 12 he's even less likely to play at sort of game.

Wallabies Team named.

15. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Brumbies)

14. Peter Hynes (Queensland Reds)

13. Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds)

12. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds)

11. Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs)

10. Matt Giteau (Brumbies)

9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)

8. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)

7. George Smith (Brumbies)

6. Rocky Elsom (Brumbies, captain)

5. Mark Chisholm (Brumbies)

4. James Horwill (Queensland Reds)

3. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)

2. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)

1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Run on reserves:

16. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)

17. Matt Dunning (Western Force)

18. Dean Mumm (NSW Waratahs)

19. David Pocock (Western Force)

20. Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs)

21. Ryan Cross (Western Force)

22. James O’Connor (Western Force)

That looks about the best combination they could field.

No Cross, No JOC at fullback. Digby to see more ball, AAC with more room to move, Cooper at 12, able to see enough ball to work some magic but not enough to destroy the team if he has an off day. :bravo:

If only Deans can give Horwill a boot up the arse and get him performing to potential its a top drawer side. Tough on Pocock who was outstanding in Tokyo, but i guess he would need to score 20 tries to keep a guy like George Smith out of the team.

Australia to tear England apart in backs, with Smith and Elsom dominating the breakdown and Robinson herculean at scrumtime, England slowly claw their way back through clever tactical kicking and a superior lineout, penalties bring their score up. Then Nau and Pocock come on supercharged, Leading to the Aussies blowing out to a flattering scoreline in the last 20 minutes. OZ ftw.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 3 2009, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't think we can win. It would be good to beat them because certainly we have no chance against the All Blacks and it will be nice to beat at least one Tri-Nations team.

However at the best of times an average Australian team is a 50/50 match for a good England team. Unless some youngster really comes through as a star for England we won't be able to beat them, you just need to compare man to man, and The Aussies are match fit and have gelled (even though they have been losing)

I think Wilkinson being in the team is a huge plus, It's sad to say but I would rather have him than all 7 of the injured first teamers, the man makes such an enormous difference and should help us to avoid humiliation.[/b]

Pah! Oh ye of little faith

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 4 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rumour has it Hartley's pulled his hammy and is out of this one.

As a side note; Why are people selecting Banahan?[/b]

Because of this:

hit on Bergamasco
and this
Hit on Donguy/Medard
and this
hit on Simpson-Daniel
and this
hit on Russell
and this
hit on Alex Goode
and this
try vs. Baabaas (see end for awesome catch)
and this
try vs. Argentina (1)

Performing awesome in the GP and scored 3 tries in three games for England, what else do you want?

Ay i'm liking the look of that Ozzie team, especially that backline, possibly their best backline selection of the year. BTW is Dunning the replacement 10?... I couldn't resist :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Nov 5 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 3 2009, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think we can win. It would be good to beat them because certainly we have no chance against the All Blacks and it will be nice to beat at least one Tri-Nations team.

However at the best of times an average Australian team is a 50/50 match for a good England team. Unless some youngster really comes through as a star for England we won't be able to beat them, you just need to compare man to man, and The Aussies are match fit and have gelled (even though they have been losing)

I think Wilkinson being in the team is a huge plus, It's sad to say but I would rather have him than all 7 of the injured first teamers, the man makes such an enormous difference and should help us to avoid humiliation.[/b]

Pah! Oh ye of little faith

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 4 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rumour has it Hartley's pulled his hammy and is out of this one.

As a side note; Why are people selecting Banahan?[/b]

Because of this:

hit on Bergamasco
and this
Hit on Donguy/Medard
and this
hit on Simpson-Daniel
and this
hit on Russell
and this
hit on Alex Goode
and this
try vs. Baabaas (see end for awesome catch)
and this
try vs. Argentina (1)

Performing awesome in the GP and scored 3 tries in three games for England, what else do you want?
[/b][/quote]

You make a point well. Wing is the last of England's concerns.

We have Cueto who is a good finisher and very solid defensively.

We have Ugo Monye, who I thought was **** last Autumn, but has turned himself into a player with fantastic wing abilities beyond the blistering pace he's always had. Sackey was great for us for a few seasons; not all-round as good as Monye but still very capable. Shame he's out of sorts.

We have big powerful men like Banahan, Vainikolo and although he's past it, Cohen.

There's Strettle and Simpson-Daniel who are flair players with great speed.

And there's a list longer than my arm of either sprinters or flair players who need to be honed into good defensive wingers as well... Varndell, Ojo, Cato, Sharples, Ashton, Benjamin...

Not a problem area.

Uh, will be a close game. Don't like to predict a winner; mainly because I hate both countries with a passion.

/bigotry.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 6 2009, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Uh, will be a close game. Don't like to predict a winner; mainly because I hate both countries with a passion.

/bigotry.[/b]

I such cases I usually just decide which team I want to lose more, but as you say it is a hard choice. I think I probably want England to lose more, so I suppose I'm supporting the Aussie's by default.....

The Aussie team looks far better than the team that played the AB's last weekend. The backline will be incredible dangerous on attack with Quade Cooper and Ioane (who is the future at centre for Aus) in mid-field. The midfield defense however may be an issue fror Australia. A lot will depend on how Quade Cooper plays- he is either brillant or completely hopeless.

Being half English, I really should be supporting England. But being half Welsh... GO AUSTRAILIA! KNOCK THE STUFFING OUT OF OLD JONNY!

I dont really mind Australia to be honest, But obviously being English I am rooting for England.

The only country I really Hate is New Zealand, sadly they are good at rugby, but I get to laugh at them epic fail in every other sport in the world.

Er, no, they are dreadful at Cricket, they are ok at that fake 20/20 sideshow, and so act like that is more important than test matches.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 6 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Er, no, they are dreadful at Cricket, they are ok at that fake 20/20 sideshow, and so act like that is more important than test matches.[/b]
New Zealand are not the greatest cricket team - they are only on par with England (who by the way invented the sport). They are only ranked 7th in test (England ranked 5th), and 5th in ODI's (England ranked 6th), however they invariably make it into the semis of most major tournaments (Unlike say England). New Zealand doesn't do that bad considering the entire population is only about half that of the Greater London region! New Zealand is not good at all at 20/20 and don't give it anywhere as much consideration as most countries, so I think you might be a bit confused....

Other sports New Zealand excel at: softball (World Champs), Netball (2nd in world), Rugby League (World Champs), Rowing (probably the most successful country at world champs) - the only sport they don't really excel in Football (though they are on track to qualify for the world cup for the first time in 25 odd years). So nice try, but an epic fail by you :p

Anyways, I thought this thread was about Australia and Wales in rugby, my bad....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darwin_23 @ Nov 5 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 6 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Er, no, they are dreadful at Cricket, they are ok at that fake 20/20 sideshow, and so act like that is more important than test matches.[/b]
New Zealand are not the greatest cricket team - they are only on par with England (who by the way invented the sport). They are only ranked 7th in test (England ranked 5th), and 5th in ODI's (England ranked 7th), however they invariably make it into the semis of most major tournaments (Unlike say England). New Zealand doesn't do that bad considering the entire population is only about half that of the Greater London region! New Zealand is not good at all at 20/20 and don't give it anywhere as much consideration as most countries, so I think you might be a bit confused....

Other sports New Zealand excel at: softball (World Champs), Netball (2nd in world), Rugby League (World Champs), Rowing (probably the most successful country at world champs) - the only sport they don't really excel in Football (though they are on track to qualify for the world cup for the first time in 25 odd years). So nice try, but an epic fail by you :p

Anyways, I thought this thread was about Australia and Wales in rugby, my bad....
[/b][/quote]

Netball? Lol

Softball? Lol again

Rugby League (three countries play it)

Rowing? Ha I have a funny story about Rowing, At the Bejing Olympics the Kiwi's were Hyping up this old bloke Mahe Drysdale, saying all he had to do to win was show up (a bit like sarah walker in the bmx, who they said was the world champion, even though some english bird was actually the world champion lol) anyway Mahe realised he was losing so pretended he was sick, and layed on the floor crying.
What the kiwis did was 6 months later they invited the guy who beat Mahe to race him in new zealand, on mahes home course, and claimed that "this is for the REAL olympic gold medal and hyped it up for weeks (i swear im not making this up). So Mahe lost again, even worse than when he was "ill" and the kiwis pretended it never happened.

By the way mate, go to youtube and search for Danny Williams vs Kali Meehan, one of the greatest moments in the history of Kiwi Vs England sports.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 5 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darwin_23 @ Nov 5 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Infern0 @ Nov 6 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Zealand are not the greatest cricket team - they are only on par with England (who by the way invented the sport). They are only ranked 7th in test (England ranked 5th), and 5th in ODI's (England ranked 7th), however they invariably make it into the semis of most major tournaments (Unlike say England). New Zealand doesn't do that bad considering the entire population is only about half that of the Greater London region! New Zealand is not good at all at 20/20 and don't give it anywhere as much consideration as most countries, so I think you might be a bit confused....

[/b][/quote]

Netball? Lol

Softball? Lol again

Rugby League (three countries play it)

Rowing? Ha I have a funny story about Rowing, At the Bejing Olympics the Kiwi's were Hyping up this old bloke Mahe Drysdale, saying all he had to do to win was show up (a bit like sarah walker in the bmx, who they said was the world champion, even though some english bird was actually the world champion lol) anyway Mahe realised he was losing so pretended he was sick, and layed on the floor crying.
What the kiwis did was 6 months later they invited the guy who beat Mahe to race him in new zealand, on mahes home course, and claimed that "this is for the REAL olympic gold medal and hyped it up for weeks (i swear im not making this up). So Mahe lost again, even worse than when he was "ill" and the kiwis pretended it never happened.

By the way mate, go to youtube and search for Danny Williams vs Kali Meehan, one of the greatest moments in the history of Kiwi Vs England sports.
[/b][/quote]

someone's feeling feisty

Latest posts