eot345

Academy Player
England.png
Versus%20Eccellenza.png
Italy.png

Venue: Twickenham
Date: Saturday 12th February 2011
Kick Off: 14:30pm GMT​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

England to win by 30??

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope,
A win by 10-15 is my guess

I think the team will be unchanged, though maybe a switch around in the back row. If Fourie is fit, I expect:
6. Haskell
7. Fourie
8. Easter
20. Wood
Though I'd like to see Wood keep his starting shirt (and he definitely deserves to after last night), and ideally (from the players available, anyway):
6. Dowson
7. Wood
8. Easter
20. Haskell (though, if these players were picked, it's more likely that Haskell'll start and Dowson will bench)

If Wood gets dropped after the performance in Cardiff to the bench, it'll be the biggest travesty in English rugby since Ian Balshaws last recall.

Really hoping he plays Banahan at 13, no point having Hape and Tindall both on the pitch.

What Do you make of mark Cueto?
Quiet match, but did everything he did do well,
Nice pass for Ashtons second try, a more selfish player would've tried to go for it himself and got stopped *coughSTRETTLEcoughMONYEcough* but he saw the overlap

Really hoping he plays Banahan at 13, no point having Hape and Tindall both on the pitch.
Doubt he will, Tindall will be captain, and Banahan/Tindall only play 13. Shame he's the only other centre in the EPS
If Banahan was going to play, he'd switch with Cueto (cueto Wing/Fullback cover on bench, Banahan #11)

lol i do love england but wales are my team howver

england to win 32-7

lol i do love england but wales are my team

Not possible, been scientifically proven not to exist...like god or a girls understanding of the offside rule.

Gotta love 2 week old, wrong shaped ball satire.

considering england's difficulty in the scrum against wale's 2nd string front row they could be in for a toughie after seeing italy demolish ireland's set piece but then again ireland were reaally reaaaaallly bad (understatement)

considering england's difficulty in the scrum against wale's 2nd string front row they could be in for a toughie after seeing italy demolish ireland's set piece but then again ireland were reaally reaaaaallly bad (understatement)

I don't think you can say England were having difficulty. The welsh scrum stood up well but our scrum was probably still edging in. Also, just because mitchell and james arn't first choice for wales doesn't make them 2nd rate. I'd expect a fairly even scrum against Italy.

MJ has been making generally good decisions but he will be missing a trick if he doesn't use the Italy game as an opportunity to make changes at inside centre. he is almost guaranteed to stick with Tindall but Hape should be changed. Probably Flutey? i wouldn't object to that.

And agreed, Wood HAS to keep his place. Admittedly there may be a general reshuffle, but a move for Fourie Haskell and Easter would be regressive to say the least. I would expect the back-row to be the same three guys.

i think we should play Shaw at 12, just to get him in the team and hape out.

This might be a chance of England to have a different centre combo. Perhaps try Manu Tuilagi (I know he is in the Saxons, but still this match could be a good way to slowly bring him into the full England squad).

What about starting Simon Shaw? Could add some raw power to the scrum and played very well against Wales.

Palmer/Shaw/Skivington would be my locks for this match,
Probably start Skivington bring on Shaw later - Shaw's on good form, but he's better used off the bench these days, don't think he could last a full match at the intensity he puts in

I think it might be a close game.
Italy showed some glimpse yesterday.

I think Italy could still struggle if other teams play an expansive game. It's possible that Shaw will start with Palmer in order to give some extra power to the scrum. Unlikely though, MJ likely not to make many if any changes.

On another note, can anybody update me on the Croft and Lawes injuries? On Another site I saw something who said Croft could be back in 10 days and lawes a week after.....seemed optimistic to me.

Shaw's on good form, but he's better used off the bench these days, don't think he could last a full match at the intensity he puts in

I do see your point, when he plays he plays with everything he's got. I hate it when people say 'hes too old' or put down an off performance to his age. Its been said all before but then he goes and puts in an amazing performance and suddenly hes defying age.
I liked the look of Sheridan in the Autumn, especially the samoa game but it seems like hes added a bit of useless weight around the mid section thats slowing him down. Could do with him carrying more now with Lawes and Croft out.

Certainly changed his tune since saying "England are ****" and "I hope the IRA kill you"...

Latest posts