• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England XV vs. Barbarians 29/05/11 Team?

*bartlett*

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
Just wondered if this will be england's first XV playing the barbarians, as the last game i watched with these two teams had all of 2 capped players???

Cheers

I doubt it, this'll be a chance to get some fringe players game time to see if they will be worth playing in the warmups/taking along to the WC

I'd expect players like Chris Robshaw, Charlie Hodgson, Paul Doran-Jones, Brad Barritt et al. to start

expect manu tuilagi though. If anything it will be closer to a Saxons side but to be fair to England the Saxons have some exciting players marler, tuilagi, mike brown, barrit maybe anthony allen will be playing probably Courtney Lawes just to get him some more game time!

The small matter of the Premiership final on the 28th means you can forget any Tigers, Sarries, Gloucester or Saints players for now.

ahh good to know thanks, you recon the england vs wales game in august would stand a better chance of first XV?

yeh definitely. Theyll probably do what they did in 2003 and agree with Wales like they did with France to play a strong team vs a weak team and vice versa. So Englands strongest team at home v Wales possible players for World Cup!

The small matter of the Premiership final on the 28th means you can forget any Tigers, Sarries, Gloucester or Saints players for now.
Didn't even think about that

To be fair the Saints and Tigers that are involved with England are pretty much all in the starting XV so I wouldn't expect them to play anyway,
Would've like to see M.Tuilagi though

With none of those teams you could see something like:

1) J. Marler
2) R. Webber
3) H. Thomas
4) G. Kitchener
5) J. Gaskell
6) C. Robshaw (c)
7) T. Rees/ S. Armitage
8) T. Guest
9) J. Simpson
10) C. Hodgson
11) T. Ojo
12) R. Flutey
13) J. Turner-Hall
14) N. Abendanon
15) M. Brown

That's with none of Sarries, Tiggers, Saints or Gloucester, so obviously you'd their players like Doran-Jones, Dowson, Twelvetrees, Tuilagi, Barritt, Sharples etc.etc.

I will **** myself laughing if it's a Gloucester v Saints final now you've said that.

Actually, no, I'll be pleased as **** being as Glos are some of the best fans about. Sounds a much more appealing day out.

i would like to see

1) Marler
2) Hartley
3) Cole
4) Gaskell
5) Lawes
6) Croft
7) Armitage
8) Haskell
9) Simpson
10) Cipriani
11) Sharples
12) Turner-Hall
13) Tuilagi
14) Ashton
15) Foden

as a sort of team of the future sort of thing. Would be nice to see the likes of certainly Gaskell getting a look in pre-world cup. Plus I think we should be going more down the route of Marler at prop instead of Sheridan who is constantly injured! Cipriani would be great to see but as long as Johnson is in charge that is never going to happen... although after his defensive efforts yesterday I wonder if he can ever pick that side of his game up!

without playoff players and the injured(assuming that means tigers, sarries, glos and saints), it'd be great to see:

1. Corbisiero
2. Thompson
3. Wilson
4. Palmer
5. Gaskell
6. Robshaw
7. Armitage
8. Haskell
9. Simpson
10. Wilkinson
11. [strike]Varndell[/strike] Armitage
12. Turner-Hall
13. Tait
14. Ojo
15. [strike]Armitage[/strike] Abendanon

16. Mears
17. Marler
18. Hudson
19. Guest
20. Care
21. Hodgson
22. Lowe

backline in particular is limited by the absence of Top 4, and I know Banahan will be featuring somewhere but I've done everything in my power not to include him. In fairness, besides Varndell every other member of that backline is a better footballer than he is so I'm not just being biased for the sake of it.

EDIT forgot Abendanon
EDIT EDIT let's do some subs for fun

Last edited: