• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EOYT: Wales vs New Zealand, 24/11/2012

Boys seriosuly wise up.

The guy justyfing Hore's action. Stop and think before you post again.

If the nonsense carries on, and stupid stuff said then the thread will be locked. If you condone acts of violence then I suggest you are talking about the wrong sports. Whether you like it or not, Hore's actions was unnecessary and potentially dangerous. It doesn't matter if it was done on a Welsh / NZ / Romanian / Canadian etc ... fact remains the actions undertaken by Hore was dangerous, whether you like it or not.

Super moderator indeed. Well said.

I'm just glad it's not us. "Seff Effricans are a bunch of dirty ********"

Wait no, just saw a Bakkies vid. Nevermind we are in this too.

We're just famous that way.

I'm just glad it's not us. "Seff Effricans are a bunch of dirty ********"

Wait no, just saw a Bakkies vid. Nevermind we are in this too.

We're just famous that way.

Yeah, but where's the awesome?

Okay this is getting silly.

3:15 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1b4wHF_tqQ is Cian Healy punching McCaw in the back of the head while he is on the ground. No one noticed it or cares. No one is saying 'Ireland mustbe very embarrised and their reputation is ruined'. Yes it was bad - yes it was missed and should have got a ban (like Cian Healy should have). My point being is that one is talked to death and one isn't - and that's just because of the jersey worn. Wales are hardly innocent of this either - but hearing some of the comments it seems like it's the worst incident on a rugby field ever. Kovana - Samoa are probably the most ill disciplined team in international rugby - people who live in glass houses. Obviously it's not okay and should be punished, but let's not make an off the ball incident which was stupid and dangerous - into the biggest travesty in sporting history. If I'm hearing about this in 7 years like the Lions Tour of 2005 - I'm ganna go mental.

I can understand where you are coming from here, but the severity of the action needs to be assessed. Small punches like that are thrown in rugby all the time, big deal. Rugby is a physical game where tempers can flare for a few seconds. There was next to nothing in that 'punch' from Healay, although in todays modern game where the reputation of the sport is important so as to not turn off parents from allowing their children to play the game, Healey should have probably been cited.

There are five kinds of foul play in my opinion:

1: a mistake e.g. a reactionary high tackle. Player didn't mean to do it.
2. Small punch etc. in the heat of the moment. Nothing that would case any real damage e.g. the punch by Healey on McCaw in the above video.
3. Reckless play, such as clearing out at the breakdown with the shoulder into someone's head, or big high tackles e.g what happened to Biggar v Samoa.
4. Intentional acts of foul play that intend to injure e.g. what Hore did.
5. Intentional acts that are aimed towards exposed parts of the body e.g. gouging, stamping on a players head (proper stamp, not what Thompson did the other week).

It's important to differentiate, because we're never going to eliminate all kinds of foul play from the game due to it's physical nature, but we need to eliminate the last three imo. Players need to be in control at all times (Jake Ball's clear out v Munster this weekend is an example of something that should not be happening). The first two are going to happen from time to time, some might require small suspensions if they are bad enough.

His tackling is not worse than Davies, Ryan Jones, Priestland, and his attacking play is excellent (better than North).

True yeah but his miss tackles are costing us tries, personally i thought Priestland tackles well against NZ

6/3 for Priestland, 2/2 for Cuthbert.
Davies was 7/3, stats were updated I suppose.
Most missed tackles was from McCaw, but 21/4 is damn good.

I can understand where you are coming from here, but the severity of the action needs to be assessed. Small punches like that are thrown in rugby all the time, big deal. Rugby is a physical game where tempers can flare for a few seconds. There was next to nothing in that 'punch' from Healay, although in todays modern game where the reputation of the sport is important so as to not turn off parents from allowing their children to play the game, Healey should have probably been cited.

There are five kinds of foul play in my opinion:

1: a mistake e.g. a reactionary high tackle. Player didn't mean to do it.
2. Small punch etc. in the heat of the moment. Nothing that would case any real damage e.g. the punch by Healey on McCaw in the above video.
3. Reckless play, such as clearing out at the breakdown with the shoulder into someone's head, or big high tackles e.g what happened to Biggar v Samoa.
4. Intentional acts of foul play that intend to injure e.g. what Hore did.
5. Intentional acts that are aimed towards exposed parts of the body e.g. gouging, stamping on a players head (proper stamp, not what Thompson did the other week).

It's important to differentiate, because we're never going to eliminate all kinds of foul play from the game due to it's physical nature, but we need to eliminate the last three imo. Players need to be in control at all times (Jake Ball's clear out v Munster this weekend is an example of something that should not be happening). The first two are going to happen from time to time, some might require small suspensions if they are bad enough.

I think what TRF_Nickdnz is trying to say is that he's fed up of journalists trying to portray the All Blacks as evil dirty players who get generous treatment from the IRB.

When every nation has dirty players, and the citing system is just as much a lottery for them as it is for everybody else.

People showed outcry about Thomson only getting one week. But the All Blacks have had foul play against them just as often as they do it themselves, and some of that got lenient bans as well (see below incidents). So the All Blacks aren't the only team with a few dirty players in it, and they get as many lenient bans as other teams to in the lottery of the system so there is no double standards treatment. So TRF_Nickdnz is right, the "let's bash the All Blacks" attitude in the British press is unfair, and should be solely directed at Hore for his foul play not the entire All Blacks as a team.

n1w293.gif

Rougerie eye gouge (no ban)

diapo7fa16d1fdd83106138f0a14418bda7e7.gif

McLaughlin eye gouge (no ban)

diapobe7520965dc00204c5c8705cec05a342.gif

Hartley arm charge (no ban)

2zsta1s.gif

Cooper knee to the head (no ban)

6/3 for Priestland, 2/2 for Cuthbert.
Davies was 7/3, stats were updated I suppose.
Most missed tackles was from McCaw, but 21/4 is damn good.

You think that is bad. Go and look at some of the missed tackles statistics for the Pumas backline from the match with Ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely agree there Psychic Duck. The citing process in general is a complete mess. I don't think that the majority of rugby supporters think that NZ are in any way more dirty that other countries, they are simply in the press at the moment due to two recent incidents. Samoa have been responsible for more acts of foul play this series, but it's almost expected from them so no fuss is made.

To the NZ supporters, ignore the fuss being made by idiots on message boards and the British press, it'll die down soon enough.

Where is the best place for stats? Espnscrum?

They are all bad tbh. Some of the ESPN Scrum stats are way off the mark sometimes. But it's probably better than anywhere else.

I think what TRF_Nickdnz is trying to say is that he's fed up of journalists trying to portray the All Blacks as evil dirty players who get generous treatment from the IRB.

When every nation has dirty players, and the citing system is just as much a lottery for them as it is for everybody else.

People showed outcry about Thomson only getting one week. But the All Blacks have had foul play against them just as often as they do it themselves, and some of that got lenient bans as well (see below incidents). So the All Blacks aren't the only team with a few dirty players in it, and they get as many lenient bans as other teams to in the lottery of the system so there is no double standards treatment. So TRF_Nickdnz is right, the "let's bash the All Blacks" attitude in the British press is unfair, and should be solely directed at Hore for his foul play not the entire All Blacks as a team.

n1w293.gif

Rougerie eye gouge (no ban)

diapo7fa16d1fdd83106138f0a14418bda7e7.gif

McLaughlin eye gouge (no ban)

diapobe7520965dc00204c5c8705cec05a342.gif

Hartley arm charge (no ban)

2zsta1s.gif

Cooper knee to the head (no ban)

Holy ****, those are TERRIBLE, love the last one how Brad Thorn has a go at Cooper. I don't understand why you would try to eye gouge someone, it's absolutely pathetic.

This thread has gone awesome :D :D These GIFS are amazing :D :D I never know how to make them :( :( Maybe a tutorial needs to be put on the forum! ;) ;)

Cymro's "All in" Line out is wicked!!!

There's gamesmanship and then there's just taking the P!#S !!!! Giving someone a quick pinch in the scrum is funny, but some of these offenses (or non offenses) are ridiculous! How some people can think they'll get away with it in our generation I never know!

I can do gifs, but it just takes a long time (it doesn't, actually, I am just lazy) and most of the time I can't 'find' matches.
Youtube videos are easy though, I can do those decently well (or resizing other gifs).

I can do gifs, but it just takes a long time (it doesn't, actually, I am just lazy) and most of the time I can't 'find' matches.
Youtube videos are easy though, I can do those decently well (or resizing other gifs).

:lol:

it's annoying to make though, yes. I can't believe they still haven't made a super-fast, super simple interface and system to make em...

Oooh, Star Wars and Gangnam Style, very original ;)

At least I have the decency to use old Finnish videos!