• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exclusive First View of Rugby World Cup 2011

I must say I'm more than a little deflated after seeing these screenshots, looks like they are using the same (slightly upgraded) engine as previous versions. Yeah I enjoyed them at the time but graphics have come along way since then! even the colour palette is still garish and bold. Doesn't look like they had the budget to stretch, did they chose license over content? - understandable I guess.

Apparently they are using the endorphin or euphoria engine for collision physics, if true it might be its saving grace, I'm officially more interested in RC even with the lack of license.

Can't believe some people r happy with these ScreenShots...they are far from what i expected. Now i have to go Pre-order Rugby Challenge too. There shots look great.

Hb Glen, I just want to say thank you and the team for creating a rugby game that I'm sure will make us want more.
Any Info can you share with us because I have a big Game against the REDs on sats and James o'conner is give me crap this week ;)
Please !!! I'm already in challenge as they took a photo of me a few months ago, so that will cool:)
Hide his tampons...see how funny he is then.

That second one gives me the horrible feeling that the ai will make EVERY PLAYER chase the ball carrier after a break, which is something that really irritates me about rugby 08

and where is the referee??? :(

RWC 2011:
TRF_RWC2011_Screen1.jpg
FIFA 11:
FIFA11_3.jpg

RWC 2011:
TRF_RWC2011_Screen2.png

FIFA 11:
FIFA11-57483.jpg

graphically looks great anyway!

Last edited:
At least the players in FIFA 11 run towards the ball, whereas the players in RWC 11 just run in a straight line towards the try line. I really hope that will change.

At least the players in FIFA 11 run towards the ball, whereas the players in RWC 11 just run in a straight line towards the try line. I really hope that will change.

When have you ever seen EVERY player on the pitch run towards the ball. The last time I saw it was playing U8's rugby.

When have you ever seen EVERY player on the pitch run towards the ball. The last time I saw it was playing U8's rugby.

lmao you are correct, a lot of players run towards the post to stop him from putting it down there

Quite disappointed at these graphic's, i hope they're much better than that...

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed, I was expecting much better graphics and although the gameplay can't be seen in screenshots this looks like Rugby 08!
I'm waiting for you to show us more pictures and I hope that they will be much better!

Wow, when did you play the game?

Are you calling me Dumb!!!!:mad::mad::%#%#::rahh::ranting::diablo::hunter:****:masturbanana:

Nope. I'm calling you a troll pretending to be one of Rugby's mediocre talents. But I guess at the Force, mediocre equates to superstar! LOL

Yeah this needs to be addressed. I would have hoped that HB could create an game that could give players with good stamina and speed the ability to chase down a break whereas the front row wouldn't really have the ability to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol just realized someone has actually gone out of their way to pretend to be a rugby player on here... well it is the internet guys... a lot of weirdos out there!!

Didnt know Samoa and Fiji had white dudes in their teams...

To early to give a opinion, in my opinion. Can never judge a book by it's cover. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds now over the next few weeks. However saying that I do know what game I will be buying first.

Latest posts