• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exclusive First View of Rugby World Cup 2011

I have just looked at the RWC 2011 images and the rugby challenge images.
And in my opinion the RWC 2011 graphics look terrible, especially for a next gen console. HB just seem to be giving off the impression that they aren't really putting their heart and soul into the game, I mean for starters they haven't even bothered launching a website with its own forum!
They dont seem to show a great deal of presence in these forums specifically for their game to answer questions and discuss feedback, they just seem to be going through the motions of making a rugby game with out actually trying to make a good rugby game.

And when you compare this to Sidhe's rugby challenge who do have their own website and forums, they are answering questions and making their presence felt in the forums so that the potential customers in their forums dont feel lost and searching for information.
Sidhe seem to be actually trying really hard to not only make a rugby union game but to make a damn good one.
Top that with the fact that the rugby challenge gameplay images look amazing! I honestly think that the rugby challenge game will be better based on what we have seen from both of them.

There is only one huge potential factor that could save RWC 2011 compared to rugby challenge and that is how the gameplays.
If it looks **** but plays well then everyone will get over the graphics being worse that rugby 08 on a pc.
And if it plays better than rugby challenge then it will be better than that, but from the information provided from both HB and Sidhe I honestly think that the majority will go for the rugby challenge game.

Unless HB get their **** together and decide whether or not they actually want to make a rugby game worth making and buying.

rant over

And in my opinion the RWC 2011 graphics look terrible, especially for a next gen console. HB just seem to be giving off the impression that they aren't really putting their heart and soul into the game, I mean for starters they haven't even bothered launching a website with its own forum!
They dont seem to show a great deal of presence in these forums specifically for their game to answer questions and discuss feedback, they just seem to be going through the motions of making a rugby game with out actually trying to make a good rugby game.

And when you compare this to Sidhe's rugby challenge who do have their own website and forums, they are answering questions and making their presence felt in the forums so that the potential customers in their forums dont feel lost and searching for information.
Sidhe seem to be actually trying really hard to not only make a rugby union game but to make a damn good one.
Top that with the fact that the rugby challenge gameplay images look amazing! I honestly think that the rugby challenge game will be better based on what we have seen from both of them.

There is only one huge potential factor that could save RWC 2011 compared to rugby challenge and that is how the gameplays.
If it looks **** but plays well then everyone will get over the graphics being worse that rugby 08 on a pc.
And if it plays better than rugby challenge then it will be better than that, but from the information provided from both HB and Sidhe I honestly think that the majority will go for the rugby challenge game.

Unless HB get their **** together and decide whether or not they actually want to make a rugby game worth making and buying.

rant over

I agree with you, unfortunately the difference is very noticeable

I think that before judging, we should see more detailed screenshots and maybe some videos in-game. Certainly, however, that comparing the screenshots of RWC 2011 with Rugby Challange ..... Well I would say that RC seems the best product

rant over

Nice rant but pity about the language.

Can I take the opportunity to remind all that foul language / swearing is not really tolerated on the board, can we please refrain from swearing in post in particular this section as children may well be reading.

Has anyone seen the knew pictures of rugby challenge they are amazing the players look so real

sorry my bad didnt no there was one and got over exited easily done

I'll start by saying that my gut has been with Sidhe from the beginning, for reasons that I've posted on this forum before and was basically reamed for them. So I won't bother repeating. That said…

Don't write HB off just because of these screenshots. Here's why: Sidhe has more experience creating next-gen graphics. But, they have much less experience creating sports ***les; they mostly do racing games (and a poorly rated arcade style rugby league game). HB, conversely, has more experience with sports ***les but much less experience with next-gen (note: on their more recent sports ***les, their involvement has been with the last-gen versions, not the next-gen ones). So, it's no surprise that Sidhe has better graphics.

A lot remains to be seen. HB can still gain a lot of ground in gameplay and other functionality. Shame on those of you for being so fickle and abandoning HB so hastily.

these screenshots look like there from an early stage of development because the numbers aren't on the shirts.

i also think the first shot doesnt look that bad

I can't actually think of one reason (as of right now) why anybody would favour HB studios.

Fair enough, what reasons? I do beleive those images are from the developmental stage by the way, but I can't think why they would release such images without stating they are development stage.

Fair enough, what reasons? I do beleive those images are from the developmental stage by the way, but I can't think why they would release such images without stating they are development stage.

Look how they compare to the FIFA 12 images of the same camera angle....they are of basically the exact same quality...

In terms of screenshots, the Sidhe images have put the HB screenshots into context. It's drawn a line in the sand which HB will have to work very hard to catch up on.

The main screenshot from hb looks like its taken from the game camera, no frills. Sidhe ones are obviously not(game camera) and are in a crystal clear definition that the ps3 and 360 just are not capable of displaying in the real world.
Take a look at maddens first screens every year, they blow you away but when you get the game you get much muddier
version of what you saw.

If you put a gameplay shot from the same camera angle then I think the differences would become alot less significant. Sidhes screens look gorgeous, but those intricate details will not be so visible when playing the game and thats what
really counts. This is not the first time Ive been wowed by Sides graphics, I still remember the first RL2 screen I saw of
Andrew Johns. It was awsome but no amount of visuals could save RL2.

I think HB still have an ace up their sleeve with gameplay, its the one area the Sidhe has consistantly struggled in and
an area we are still in the dark about. I don't even thinks it possible to have a realistic AI with beautiful visuals eating
up all the processing power.

So, I think that what HB lacks in visuals they will make up for with the gameplays and AI which is what is most
important, so dont write them off yet. Screenshots dont really mean much.....until we see some action we cant really
make any judgements on either game.

Sidhe's are in game shots, they've announced that they were taken with the in game. As for AI Have you seen HB's AI? they're all chasing the one guy.

In terms of screenshots, the Sidhe images have put the HB screenshots into context. It's drawn a line in the sand which HB will have to work very hard to catch up on.

Metaphors too mixed.... can't function.

Latest posts