• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exclusive First View of Rugby World Cup 2011

everyones entitled to ***** all they want, but i honestly don't see what the whole problem is. The graphics like good to me, yes the players look "rough" but i think that has a lot to do with licensing constraints. If stories are true, E3 will showcase a bigger picture for us. Sit tight, carry on *****ing (all those that are) and wait for more "complete evidence" :D :D
If were gonna get the RWC 11 vs SIDHE debate in regards to graphics, there is a difference but from what we've seen its no more so than what we see year in year out with FIFA and PES. Everyone has their own opinions (and rightly so), but i really wouldn't say they are "awful". To be its better than RLL. Anyways, bring on E3, and also i'm highly amused by some of the comments made on here, so keep them coming ;)

Not tomorrow but gradually I think, tomorrow is the big stuff like xbox sony nentendo and their new stuff.

I think best attitude to have would be expect stuff end of the week. That way u won't be sitting by your screen every hour waiting for something :p

Expect nothing until Wednesday, then it's likely to happen, as the show floor opens then. (Well, in UK time it's around 10pm on Tuesday) The first two days are just press confrences for the big companies to announce upcoming software/hardware/etc. then the actual 'thing' begins.

well I've got nothing to do next week so I think I will have my face glued to the screen for info all week :D

^^^^^^
Gonna be a long week then :p :p should be a fun one :D :D woop woop

What are the official/confirmed release dates for this game? Where i pre-ordered this game they say around 8th August; but everywhere else they say end of August. Obviously i think earlier is better...can't wait to play some Rugby Union on my Xbox 360...too keen!!

What are the official/confirmed release dates for this game? Where i pre-ordered this game they say around 8th August; but everywhere else they say end of August. Obviously i think earlier is better...can't wait to play some Rugby Union on my Xbox 360...too keen!!

Check the opening post its there ;)

Uhm well, I just wanna give my input as well. I am judging purely from those two screenshots and I'm giving an honest opinion here. It looks terrible for a ps3/360 game.

1. The players are all running in a straight line, even the furthest wing is running straight towards the angle he is facing... Isn't he suppose to run towards the ball carrier or atleast make an attempt to get to the ball carrier? Silly stuff.
2. The dive is not a "rugby" dive. If someone dives like that in a real match, his face will probably land on the ball after the ball makes impact with the ground, which will probably knock his teeth out in the process.
3. The players look like a ps2 game, which is something I will never be able to get over when playing the game.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit harsh, but I'm not gonna give credit where credit is not due (based on these screenshots).

I am hopeful that this isn't a final representation of what the game will look like, but if it is, then I will still be buying it (duh) but I will be bitterly disappointed every time I play the game.

Is this a joke?
The graphics look exactly the same as 4 years ago even the dive for the try looks the same!
If this is it considering all the sports games amazing graphics, i think ...........

Agree that people shouldnt get too disheartened at this early stage, but the doubters wont go away and nor should they to be fair. Because of the whole 'only 20 teams' stuff going round, there was always going to be more and more pressure on HB to deliver something great gameplay/graphically speaking. People may be jumping to premature conclusions but you cant blame them for being worried.

Whats odd is that screenshots are surely a bit of an opportunity for the guys making the games to give an insight into whats going to be exciting. I know that HB wont want to give too much away before E3 but those shots seem so banal that you have to ask what HB were attempting to showcase through them, besides the fact that the game will exist.

looks a little underdone, but its no different to fifa....
the stadia and crowd looks incredible
they have nailed side view
i am yet to see a pic of sidhes game in motion
fark the fanbois enlighten my day

Why is it still this strange 60s / 70s try line jumping animation ... nobody does that anymore