• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exeter Chiefs thread

Great sight a full stadium, and at the mid season point we are in the top 4 while performing strong with many young inexperienced players and a few key injuries.

I really worried/expected us to be bottom 3 given the experience that left so i couldn't be happier with how this season has gone so far.

Great sight a full stadium, and at the mid season point we are in the top 4 while performing strong with many young inexperienced players and a few key injuries.

I really worried/expected us to be bottom 3 given the experience that left so i couldn't be happier with how this season has gone so far.
Slade defiantly a key cog, bet some hoping he doesn't get an England recall, genuinely think without him the backline could fall off a cliff.

Slade defiantly a key cog, bet some hoping he doesn't get an England recall, genuinely think without him the backline could fall off a cliff.
Tough one really as I feel an England call up would keep him in Exeter when his contracts up next season. France is very tempting if they offer him more than we can with the marquee position. We have the cash but we need to reward and nurture the rest of the squad.

My prediction is Slade is called up to Six Nations Squad with Frost, Painter and Wyatt getting a look in at Saxons.

Looking at Wyatt's battle stats must raise Borthwick's attention. He has been solid under the highball but is a real threat.

Looking at Wyatt's battle stats must raise Borthwick's attention. He has been solid under the highball but is a real threat.
Yeah been impressed with what I have seen, would I be right in thinking it's only seen Hodges injury he's been getting descent game time?

At 15 yeah, was always going to be on a wing. Fits the plan and too dangerous not to play
Yeah both capable of a similar FB style to Hogg. Exe academy seems to be churning out some quality in recent seasons can't remember much note worthy since Slade, Noel et all.

As saints are due to play Exeter this weekend it got me thinking, I wonder if the amount of away fans are massively reduced at clubs that are mikes away.

I wanted to go to this game as I've never actually watched a game at Sandy Park but can't find a way to get there and back in a day that's not crazy. Especially as my lad wants to come and while I (in theory) could do the 8 hour round trip in a day, he definitely would not. Assume that's the same for Newcastle and Sale as well.

Yeah it's a pain to get to for a day trip. The opposite is true also as most of the Chiefs fans I've met at Franklin Gardens, AJ Bell etc have come from much closer than Devon.

I think this game is going to be a cracker and I'll put a £5 on it being a preview of the final.... 😅

I wonder if we'll go heavyweight or athletic pack?

How to pronounce Feyi-Waboso? Where is his family from? I know he's from Cardiff but his surname looks like African heritage or something like that

Update: I've heard that Feyi-Waboso is a traditional Welsh surname. Is that true?

Last edited:
Exeter underrepresented in u20s feel like it's been that way for a while? What's going on with the academy development there?

How much is down to paying off bank loans? (IIRC, that was the point of selling the shares in the hotel) Which will show benefits in future seasons with reduced interest payments.
How much is down to the rugby club, and how much that Zoom/Teams has overtaken the conference facility business in the last few years?

Not really though, and a lot of the recent good ones came from wasps not through Exeter. As good as hammersley is I wouldn't class him as a wunderkind
considering his age and pathway, relative to Chiefs, I disagree with that.

Must be a bitter pill for Wasps fans to follow to see their players doing so well. If only...

considering his age and pathway, relative to Chiefs, I disagree with that.

Must be a bitter pill for Wasps fans to follow to see their players doing so well. If only...
He's 20 that's not particularly unusually young for a winger and he's only scored like 2 times this season and has no u20s honours so not sure how he could be classed as a wunderkind.