• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

mazepin is going to cause double the amount of yellow flags as anyone else. He seems to spin out every 5 minutes.

and he potentially just ruined the most exciting part of q1

mazepin is going to cause double the amount of yellow flags as anyone else. He seems to spin out every 5 minutes.

and he potentially just ruined the most exciting part of q1
He looks absolutely useless... To no one's surprise.

Total lucky dip that q1, silly error by Verstappen, hopefully it's not damaging.

it will be good news if Mercedes and Red Bull can't walk into q3 on a slower tire this year

This is the most entertaining quali in years, even when Ferrari were competitive it was rarely close because the track decided everything.

Maze spin needs 12 penalty points now
This vs england Ireland for most stop start sporting event of the year.

Last edited:
Mazepin is going to cause a serious crash this year if he is allowed to continue, he just can't control the car. He's got that same inability to judge just about anything like Kvyat (a mix of Kvass and blyat)

I figured it out Mazepin was chosen because he's such an awful driver that he would regularly go off, which puts the cameras on the car and Russia gets its free nationalistic advertising.
Hopefully Haas have made his dad pay for repairs in his contract otherwise they'll lose out on the investment.

The FIA really need to start throwing points on his license for incompetence.

Shouldn't the FIA just retract his super license? I wouldn't advocate it for a seasoned pro who is going through a rough patch an it should be points but the guy is clearly incapable of driving these cars and is like a danger to himself or someone else.

Shouldn't the FIA just retract his super license? I wouldn't advocate it for a seasoned pro who is going through a rough patch an it should be points but the guy is clearly incapable of driving these cars and is like a danger to himself or someone else.
I'd even be prepared to cut him some slack if he seemed a recent guy but just struggled. It's the fact he's useless, daddy bought his way into the team and he is an all round arsehole both on and off the track. If he gets to the end of the season it will be a joke.

I'd even be prepared to cut him some slack if he seemed a recent guy but just struggled. It's the fact he's useless, daddy bought his way into the team and he is an all round arsehole both on and off the track. If he gets to the end of the season it will be a joke.
He will make it too the end. Brings in too much money. Another Maldonado situation.

At least Maldonado had genuine pace, scored points and even won a (potentially dubious) race. I'd say he was incompetent due to recklessness rather total lack of ability, which for me is better to a degree.
Reckless and Red Mist but yes the guy could actually drive if his head was in the right space. He's certainly never been one of poorer pay drivers who just fill up the back of the grid. I'd say he was better driver on his day than Stroll (and lets be honest for a second apart from a notable exceptions F1 driver is a rich boys game).

Hamilton playing dirty. Championship back on.
Personally I don't think he was playing dirty. I think he was desperate and knew he had to try something to beat Verstappen. Personally I think Verstappen has Hamilton's number and this won't change the result of the championship, but we'll see. Red bull certainly seem to have got the car exactly how Max likes it as he seems so much faster than Perez.

Also I had a thought. Is the issue with overtaking that the car in front is allowed to take the racing line? Yes Verstappen cut across Lewis, but he's entitled to as he's ahead and Lewis was supposed to back out. The car trying to overtake has to get ahead to be entitled to the racing line. However, while there are overtakes around the track, most still happen in the DRS zone which is boring and predictable. Once a car has been overtaken we almost never see the other car retake the position on the same tyres unless it is immediately. Also what we see when defending is drivers stick their cars in the middle of the track, which means it's very hard to go either side.

What if the lead car wasn't allowed to take the racing line. In the case of Hamilton and Verstappen, once Hamilton had got along side Verstappen, Verstappen was no longer entitled to the racing line. Therefore he would have had to take a long way around the corner, allowing Hamilton to pass. This means that the driver trying to lap only has to get along side to get a chance to overtake, not get ahead completely. As the defending driver Max then either has to choose to defend the racing line or allow Hamilton an opportunity around the outside. I think this would not only allow more overtaking, but allow opportunities for drivers whose cars aren't quite quick enough to overtake more chances as well as allow cars to potentially retake positions.

I will admit I'm not clued up on all the safety regulations, so maybe there is a clear reason for the lead driver to have the racing line, but I do feel that the defending driver has an advantage especially around corners and many accidents happen because cars refuse to give way when trying to overtake.

Latest posts