• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FA Cup Thread

A

An Tarbh

Draw has been made for the 3rd round of the FA Cup, will be interesting to see where the final takes place though. Not that many standout draws, obvious ones being Liverpool/Arsenal, Man Utd/Villa, Cardiff/Tottenham and Birmingham/Newcastle have the look of an upset about them but teams going well at the top of the championship rarely cause an upset when drawn in the 3rd round against a premiership team, particularly ones that are struggling themselves.

Draw in full:

Blackpool v Aldershot/Basingstoke
Barnet v Colchester
Sheff Utd v Swansea
Reading v Burnley
Portsmouth v Wigan
Mansfield/Doncaster v Bolton
West Ham v Brighton
Leicester v Fulham
Derby v Wrexham
Wolves v Oldham
Bury/Chester v Ipswich
Man Utd v Aston Villa
Sheff Wed v Man City
Tamworth v Norwich
Salisbury/Nottm For v Charlton
Cardiff v Tottenham
Preston v Sunderland
Liverpool v Arsenal
Bristol Rovers/Bournemouth v Hereford
Watford v Stockport
Crystal Palace v Swindon
Bristol City v Coventry
Peterborough v Plymouth
QPR v Luton
Southend v Barnsley
West Brom v Leeds
Hull v Middlesbrough
Birmingham v Newcastle
Torquay/Leyton Orient v Southampton
Everton v Blackburn
Chelsea v Macclesfield
Stoke v Bradford/Millwall

Arse. You just beat me to it.

Anyway, we have Villa again. Therefore, we're getting knocked out in the 3rd round. again.

Arse.

Well, I am Happy. My team Stockport County have got a tie against a prem team. Okay it is Watford, and its a fair distance to go. However I feel an upset.

BM

Well at least we have Arsenal at Home, Like we do in the Carling Cup how different is that!!!

All I say is come on Macelsfield Town!!

I feel a trophy win coming this season but I also see it accompanying relegation so it's not all good, but then we'll have a decent chance of winning something else next season as we'll only want to be seen playing Sunderland just the twice and get ourselves straight back to the premiership.

b'starding Macclesfield Town. They are rubbish, absolute rubbish. They may be our local team but they are one of the worst supported.

They brought 200 fans to the game at Edgeley Park a week ago, 200! For a game 20 minutes away.

How the hell will they fill their section of stamford bridge.

BM

ah but they will and you'll no doubt have some club big wig on Sky Sports News or News 24 saying we could sell our allocation twice over blah blah blah yackidy smackidy.

Its amazing the fans that come out of the woodwork when local small clubs have Big Teams!!!

Thats why I am somewhat happy County's game is away. I'll be able to get a ticket. I could imagine if we had United at home I wouldn't. United fans would be all around the ground because it may be their only chance to see a game.

BM

well the fans you see are hardly crawling out of the woodwork, they're chauffured there in their fancy car after a spot of lunch and a glass or two of bollinger.

Tough draw, but we need to roll up our sleeves and get on with it. We did it the hard way last year, I'm sure that we can do it again this year.

I'd be worried by that draw if I was a Liverpool fan despite it being a home draw. Arsenal just seem to turn it on against the top sides and won't be daunted by a trip to Anfield cause Liverpool won't do a Bolton on them.

Our record at Anfield against Arsenal is really good mate, I would take anyone on at home to be honest.

WHat do you think of CRISTIANO RONALDO now PPL ?? See last yr ppl thought I was crazy. Hes already turning into one of the best Players int eh Competition. At only what 21 yrs of age Hes improving really afst. The best player for Man U says Fergie.

WHat do you think of CRISTIANO RONALDO now PPL ?? See last yr ppl thought I was crazy. Hes already turning into one of the best Players int eh Competition. At only what 21 yrs of age Hes improving really afst. The best player for Man U says Fergie.
[/b]

superb player but that diving display was shameful...I can't believe the ref fell for the second one.

There is no doubt in my mind that he practices that trailing leg arrester hook, flail, spin & fall routine during the week.

Great player...why not just be honest. Not singling him out either...Van 'the man' der Meyde did a couple of easy falls for us at the weekend. It's just not what the game's about.

He's a diving arsehole.
[/b]

He's just the average know-nothing footy fan's pantomime villain...the media know that if they ask for opinions on him their phone lines will be buzzing for hours.

Diving arsehole he maybe...unique he is not. He's a superb player.

They need to have a diving review board that hands out retrospective yellow cards. They do it someone stamps on a player and the ref misses it, why not for cheats?

All clubs have got them.

SB

Retrospective cards would be a great idea but for the huge can of worms it might open and given FIFA's reluctance to make use of technology I doubt they'd go for it as they'd feel they're undermining the ref. Plus you'd then be treading on dangerous grounds because you'd be giving grounds for a replay or a reduction of points, depending on whether it's a knockout or league fixture. How many high profile games have been won where a player has cheated to get a pen, I can think of numerous examples? but we're not going to get replays or points deductions.

Maybe clubs should start taking responsability and fining their players serious money, that'll make them take note.

You find this in Rugby as well, Not diving, But doing whatever you must to win. It annoys me as well. I remember my first Rugby match and how much different is was to organised school games. Eye gauging , Punching in the rucks, Grabbing you know where. I mean People cheat all the time to win. It is sad, But thats the way it is.

You cant take away from Ronaldos skills though ST HELENS. He has been united best player, and is learning to play the game. With his skills and the knowledge he is choosing to use he is going to just get better.

well I simply refuse to believe that Ronaldo has been United's best player, you wouldn't be where you'd be were it not for Scholes, even in the Chelsea match where they gave Carrick mom, it was Scholes who was the best United player.

Latest posts