• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Final

Chook Smith

Academy Player
The final should be null and void.
Too many illegal decisions by Barnes and Foley.
Other option replay last 8 minutes but
NZ has 16 points and the conversion for Aaron Smiths try to take.
SA has 9 points- remove the illegal penalty Barnes confirmed was wrong.
NZ has 14 players
SA has 13 players. For the red card and the yellow.

Fighting for justice
Richard

NZ has 14 players

Fighting for justice
Richard
By that logic 2011 should be voided as well when Joubert basically handed it to you on a plate.

NZ has 14 players

Fighting for justice
Richard

I guess we can finally put the myth to bed about New Zealanders being "Gracious in defeat"

There was a myth? Every time England has beat pre-2019 them it was always a list of excuses.

I'll say this about discipline re: the All Blacks.

This is the result of playing in a watered down Super Rugby competition where referees are way more lenient for the sake of entertainment. The cards NZ received were all 100% justified. They're just not used to it.

No disrespect to the boks, I'm a firm believer that South Africa beating them is a huge fluke and robs the all blacks of truly accomplishing what their capable of. I've spent the last few days in pure disbelief and it just doesn't make sense to me. I've spent the entire tournament watching the all blacks play great rugby it's just not fair.

If the all blacks lose again I will face that the springboks deserved the win, but I am just 100% sure it was a fluke and does a big disservice to the all blacks and world rugby.

Wow, I guess we've got some stupid kiwi posters on here.

By all accounts, that they should have been awarded and England should be awarded the 2007 World Cup as well.

No disrespect to the boks, I'm a firm believer that South Africa beating them is a huge fluke and robs the all blacks of truly accomplishing what their capable of. I've spent the last few days in pure disbelief and it just doesn't make sense to me. I've spent the entire tournament watching the all blacks play great rugby it's just not fair.

If the all blacks lose again I will face that the springboks deserved the win, but I am just 100% sure it was a fluke and does a big disservice to the all blacks and world rugby.
You have your perception and are of course entitled to it. My 2 cents : I believe that this just isn't a vintage NZ side. From 2018 to now we match them w for w and there is one draw. Just think NZ are on a par with the other top sides. Probably even below both France and Ireland. I say that because it took their best performance in goodness knows how long to squeak past a nervy Ireland. Before that they have a poor return vs them and had no answers vs France once France got going.

This is the result of playing in a watered down Super Rugby competition where referees are way more lenient for the sake of entertainment. The cards NZ received were all 100% justified. They're just not used to it.
I honestly thought Cane wouldn't get upgraded because of the spectacle aspect. It was clear cut red card in any other match, well except during the RWC which after Curry seamed to be a free for all.

You have your perception and are of course entitled to it. My 2 cents : I believe that this just isn't a vintage NZ side. From 2018 to now we match them w for w and there is one draw. Just think NZ are on a par with the other top sides. Probably even below both France and Ireland. I say that because it took their best performance in goodness knows how long to squeak past a nervy Ireland. Before that they have a poor return vs them and had no answers vs France once France got going.

This is how I see it as well. There are 3 fluke wins this tournament and those are Portugal beating Fiji, New Zealand beating Ireland and South Africa beating France.

After that, both teams won a semi final everyone expected them to win. The real semi finals were those two games mentioned earlier.

New Zealand isn't the team they once were. McCaw and Read specifically left holes too big to fill by Cane and Savea.

New Zealand getting to the final is already a great accomplishment considering what the expectations were before the tournament. I think there's a lot of hindsight talk going in re: the All Blacks. They're not good enough to get to the final and if they play that game vs Ireland 100 times, they lose 95% of those games. Same with South Africa vs France.

They both fluked their way past superior teams. And then met in a final where the All Blacks tried to play their old brand of tugby again. That backfired. They went for the corner over and over again, and that, plus the shaky kicking off the tee, cost them.

Now come on. New Zealand never lose they are just unlucky with the ref
every country has its extreme nutters, its not just us

can we just delete this thread its so ridiculous?

I guess we can finally put the myth to bed about New Zealanders being "Gracious in defeat"

seriously? ignore those of us that have been here for ages and not spouting **** like this guy and paint us all with some random new members brush?

I don't disagree that the ABs cards were deserved but you'll have a hard time convincing many (myself included) that SA did not get away with a fair few themselves throughout the tournament.

I don't disagree that the ABs cards were deserved but you'll have a hard time convincing many (myself included) that SA did not get away with a fair few themselves throughout the tournament.

Sure, but I can name at least 3 instances where South Africa was penalised where they shouldn't have. It's never just a one-way street when it comes to questionable decisions.

Sure, but I can name at least 3 instances where South Africa was penalised where they shouldn't have. It's never just a one-way street when it comes to questionable decisions.
I was talking cards specifically as a slight counter point to the difference between strictness in their application, we are all well aware that multiple infringements in every game often multiple for each team on a ruck for example.