• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Well done Wales against Belgium, 3 points at the top of group B. This could be history in the making!

Awesome. Really solid (and yet entertaining team) now, plus I think any team in the world would love to have Bale and Ramsey in their starting XI. (Soooooo much better than Ryan 'I'm Injured' Giggs)

I just really hope we can sustain that level of effort and intensity, it felt like the players pulled out everything they had in them yet again. Bale is a hero for Wales, and Ramsey is his colonel.

The crowd singing the anthem was pretty special, really great.

I don't particularly follow football, but it's interesting to see how Wales have developed over the past few years. In 2011 we were ranked as low as 116th in the world, but after Fridays win over Belgium we could break into the top 10 when the next ranking are released, and if England don't beat Slovenia, we could be ranked above them!

What it does mean is we'll almost certainly be in the top seeding group for the WC draw which will give us a good chance of qualifying.

Irish soccer is seriously ****e, what a way to give up a lead.

100% agree. But we simply aren't good at it. I think for a country to be good at any sport they need a good domestic league to be realistic. Our domestic league is a shambles. The Dublin teams are well supported but would never seriously dent anyone abroad. Then teams like Limerick etc get money go well then money dries out and things go bad. It's like a yoyo effect. The support isn't there for it outside Dublin that's needed for domestic soccer.

Wanted Japan to win shame.

Been a good tournament though, like the women's rugby World Cup it is underrated.

Just wish the media got behind our women's rugby team like they have the women's football team.

Barcelona fan here. They have an english speaking forum. www.Barcaforum.com. I'm not too confident about this season. They lack defensively. I'm feeling that they will win the Club World Cup but not the Champions League come April/May.

So who's watching Eng V Fra tonight? Not particularly a fan of football but this one I feel is important for obvious reasons. 90k English fans belting out La Marseillaise will be quite special.

Have to say I think it is absolutely brilliant that everyone will be singing La Marseillaise.
I can't believe I would ever say and mean it but I have never felt prouder as an Englishman to be singing the French national anthem.

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>What do we think? England and Wales will be fun! The Irish teams pulled real pigs!
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Just knew it was going to happen. Not an easy group by any means, but if we can keep a healthy 15 players, I fancy us to make it to the 1/4 finals.

Ranked in the top 7000 for the week for FPL, pretty pleased with that, over 3 million players!

Latest posts