• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

For talking rot.

@Every Time Ref thank you. I'm grand, well I'm not at times but I am in general and at the moment if you follow!

I didn't realise @The_Blindside had replied, sorry didn't mean to be rude. Thank you for the link, was more venting at the time and been through the system (was hospitalised some years back) so I'm familiar with mindfulness. I'm a lot better than I was, anxiety is about the only thing that really gets me from time to time.

More importantly if anyone ever wants to talk about anything feel free to reach out through PM or whatever, it really helps and don't be alone or embarrassed... I've probably done and been worse. Mental health is a subject dear to me and I believe the stigma/taboos surrounding it need to go. I spent far too long telling myself I was okay when I wasn't at all which made everything so much worse and painful. Things do get better.

Blessings to you all.

@Every Time Ref thank you. I'm grand, well I'm not at times but I am in general and at the moment if you follow!

I didn't realise @The_Blindside had replied, sorry didn't mean to be rude. Thank you for the link, was more venting at the time and been through the system (was hospitalised some years back) so I'm familiar with mindfulness. I'm a lot better than I was, anxiety is about the only thing that really gets me from time to time.

More importantly if anyone ever wants to talk about anything feel free to reach out through PM or whatever, it really helps and don't be alone or embarrassed... I've probably done and been worse. Mental health is a subject dear to me and I believe the stigma/taboos surrounding it need to go. I spent far too long telling myself I was okay when I wasn't at all which made everything so much worse and painful. Things do get better.

Blessings to you all.

Good to hear that you are aware of it and anxiety only affects you from time to time now.
Also, that taking care of your own mental health is important to you.

Unfortunately the system can only do so much and we have to look after our own mental health as best we can. The only ones that are there for us 24/7 are ourselves.

Would also highly recommend you look into self compassion as well, if you're not already aware of it, as mindfulness forms one of the branches - you are not the only one and telling ourselves that we are ok when we are not is a form of resistance, which only makes the suffering from the pain worse. Unfortunately pain is a part of life, but suffering from it can be exacerbated if we don't attend it in the moment hence mindfulness is essential.

There are free meditation exercises on the website for about 20 mins are so a day. I have found it has had a profound impact effect on my life and times when I have had anxiety and just generally feeling fed up, but also after my recent Cancer operation, when I was at my lowest leading up to the operation and since as I am still not out of the woods. So I know it has worked from me from a mental side and it still is working for me.

I hope it can help you and anybody else who wishes to use it or pass on friends and loved ones, who are going through a bad time in their life. If we can be compassionate to ourselves we can be more compassionate to them in their difficult moments, which can only be a win, win.

https://self-compassion.org/

I'm mildly fascinated by the historic patterns of human migration. Now, now. Hear me out. Below is an interesting and simple overview of it that I just found just now while unwinding, with some notable points relating to two of today's quarter-finalists, Ireland and New Zealand. I can't verify the accuracy of the video, but much of it marries up to other things I'm aware of.

Things that aren't covered in the video that I find particularly interesting are:

- oriental appearance varies so much to their Asian sub-continent neighbours, because orientals originate from a population that originally settled in Siberia, where their facial characteristics developed to less prominent features to protect them from the cold.

- original African settlers quickly settled all the way around India, Oceania and over to Australia. They spread so quickly along the coast due to simple boats. But what is less well known is that they continued all the way around the Pacific rim, up to Russia, over to Alaska (somehow through an ice age!) down the west side of the Americas and around the Cape and up the coast of Argentina on the Atlantic coast. The DNA of a small number of indigenous Argnetinians matches to the original African settlers. So 'American Indians'(who are descended from Orientals) are not the original human population of the Americas, as they are believed to have only made it across when there was a more manageable land crossing as the ice age receded. They are also colonists.

- the amazing Polynesian sailors that colonised Tonga, Samoa and New Zealand originated either from the indigenous population of Taiwan (prior to the Han Chinese migrations of the 12th century), although there is debate if this population maybe came from new Thailand. These people are called Austronesians and they account for around 400,000 people living in Taiwan alone. As well as Oceania they were also the first people to settle on Madagascar.

- Fijians are a mixture of Melanesians and your more typical polynesians. Melanesians are the only non-white ethnicity that can have blonde hair. They don't get blue eyes and this hair coloration is completely distinct from European blonde hair, having developed independently.

Anyhoo, given the natural physical attributes of many polynesians and melanesians I find myself wondering if there are large untapped indigenous populations of prime rugby playing stock as far and wide as Taiwan, Thailand, Oceania and Madagascar. And if any of them have Scottish or Italian grannies. :p

I have burnt the inside of my mouth eating chips from tonight's pre-match meal. Wouldn't normally whinge but it's actually pretty bad and layers of flesh have peeled away. Anyone know some good relief?

I'm also a little bit drunk. Everyone is sleeping so stuff them. Can't wait to get up in a few hours for the RWC final. Yeeeee.

I have burnt the inside of my mouth eating chips from tonight's pre-match meal. Wouldn't normally whinge but it's actually pretty bad and layers of flesh have peeled away. Anyone know some good relief?

I'm also a little bit drunk. Everyone is sleeping so stuff them. Can't wait to get up in a few hours for the RWC final. Yeeeee.
Pro tip: a World Cup win normally sorts that out no problem

For a country that is notoriously rainy our roads sure can't handle it.
Main road by my village has been closed for 24hrs meaning my commute is now an extra 20mins each way

For a country that is notoriously rainy our roads sure can't handle it.
Main road by my village has been closed for 24hrs meaning my commute is now an extra 20mins each way

90% of the time is just **** poor maintenance. Collectively we in this country seem to absolutely hate the concept of paying to maintain stuff.

Doesn't matter how old you are, how tough you think you are, stinging nettles ******* SUCK

Caught some up my arm for the first time in, probably, 20 years earlier and it's throbbing like a mofo rn

Space X launch was crazy,
It blows my mind that they have all these cameras so you can watch live - multiple views inside the cabin and places all over the rocket - to watch it all in real time.
Seeing the different separations etc.

Big boy storm tonight!
Thunder rattling the doors in my house, lightning making it look like daylight - love it!

Not had one like this in a while

Big boy storm tonight!
Thunder rattling the doors in my house, lightning making it look like daylight - love it!

Not had one like this in a while

1*11vyMwDpFwlI4W0TmbruTA.jpeg

You never realise just how many things you're logged in to until you get a new laptop (/computer).

Luckily I've completely given in to my Google overlords and as soon as I signed in to chrome it automatically had all my bookmarks, extensions and saved passwords all there and ready for me

Latest posts