• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

General EPCR Discussion

not sure i agree with everything said here, yes there is a problem with sponsorship but there is time and probably it will all come good in the end and we have to give them a chance, we have the fixtures already which is before they were EVER published by ERC. The final although i prepfer Paris for obviously reasons, Twickers is an easy location to get to has all the amenities on site plus as someone said it belongs to the RFU, and however badly it is organised both finals will be a full house which at the end of the day its the rugby that people what to see and not an intricate list of details on how to organise a Euro rugby comp.

not sure i agree with everything said here, yes there is a problem with sponsorship but there is time and probably it will all come good in the end and we have to give them a chance, we have the fixtures already which is before they were EVER published by ERC. The final although i prepfer Paris for obviously reasons, Twickers is an easy location to get to has all the amenities on site plus as someone said it belongs to the RFU, and however badly it is organised both finals will be a full house which at the end of the day its the rugby that people what to see and not an intricate list of details on how to organise a Euro rugby comp.

We don't have fixtures yet. And it's hard to see both finals being full houses at such high prices unless you get Irish team in it

Just to put it in context.
For ERC - A weekend ticket for Category A ticket to Amlin and HEC final was €99 + (€2.20 Transaction Fee) = €101.20
For ECPR Equivalent it is - £115 + £9.20 Transaction/Booking Fee + £2 Postage Fee (All are per ticket) = £126.20 Converted to Euro is €158.15

So already a competition that is supposed to be more fairer to fans and help teams with extra revenue raised through sponsorship etc is €56.95 more expensive per fan. TV revenue is 19%less overall for clubs than it was with ERC and no sponsor seems to want to get involved.

The ERC final was fixed for Milan. What was that about EPCR wanting to grow the sport from it's traditional roots?

Oh come off it you know exactly why ERC "awarded" the final to Italy and it had nothing to do with growing the sport from its traditional roots.

Why did they do it I don't know.

It was a political move, one upmanship if you like. Every time before they would announce it a year before, this time round they decided to announce it 2 years in advance. Also around that time they were pretty much staring into the barrel, they were trying to save their asses as well as put some points on the scoreboard and gain some sympathisers.

Last edited:
At this point it looks like the powerplay by PRL and LNR won out yet didn't know jack**** about how to run a competition. I'm not pro-ERC but it seems right now that it was the better option to remain under that guise. We'll wait and see.

What lynam1104 said.

It appears as though they were entirely unprepared for running a competition which they pushed for. At the moment it looks as though revenue will be down. The fact that revenue is down actually helps the Pro 12 teams since their revenue has been guaranteed by the other leagues. If anyone loses out, at the minute it appears to be PRL and LNR. An element of schadenfreude could be easy to detect but it doesn't help anyone in the long run. I want the sport to grow. I want EPCR to live up to it's promises. So far it's failed miserably. As a paying rugby fan, I feel short changed.

We don't have fixtures yet. And it's hard to see both finals being full houses at such high prices unless you get Irish team in it 

I have our first 2 fixtures and ko times . so will it be an Irish side iin the Final against Toulon??????????

Munster have to wait until tonight to receive there's.
And Gaston don't be silly .... An Irish team will have knocked out Toulon in QF :p

Now we have got it just now. :D Start away to Sale on Oct 18th. At home for Bank Holiday weekend :D

Munster have to wait until tonight to receive there's.
And Gaston don't be silly .... An Irish team will have knocked out Toulon in QF :p

Just remember my good friend its all changed and you have to qualify and thats a new ball game for you guys this could play with your heads!!!!!! may have to play a few more senior members what ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember my good friend its all changed and you have to qualify and thats a new ball game for you guys this could play with your heads!!!!!! may have to play a few more senior members what ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will it really though. Under current rules in past we would've qualified and well Irish provinces have depth you just have to look at results of our teams even when international guys are away. And fact welsh teams are in disarray means not alot will change but simply it just makes results more meaningful.
Senior guys won't be playing any extra as IRFU won't allow it and well our structure ain't broke so why change it :D

You see its already playing with your head!!!!!! just mention the word "QUALIFICATION" bet you are sweating already, we know you are more or less on your own the E Challenge (AMLIN )was only created for the Welsh Clubs!!!!!!!!!!! (they won't like that) and don't take everything so serious!!!!!!

You see its already playing with your head!!!!!! just mention the word "QUALIFICATION" bet you are sweating already, we know you are more or less on your own the E Challenge (AMLIN )was only created for the Welsh Clubs!!!!!!!!!!! (they won't like that) and don't take everything so serious!!!!!!
Well we always had to qualify so again nothing has changed on our side ;) It's the big big spenders (French Teams) who are under pressure to not sulk after loosing a game and put out weakk teams. :D Isn't that right :D

Who knows we have not as much money as Toulon so we dont have to sulk as much, but if they do get it right the organisers that is, could be interesting on all fronts.
Munster next year i've seen it in the bottom of the Guinness glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who knows we have not as much money as Toulon so we dont have to sulk as much, but if they do get it right the organisers that is, could be interesting on all fronts.
Munster next year i've seen it in the bottom of the Guinness glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every budget in France massively outshines Irish teams.
But I still think with bit of luck we'd have taken Toulon last year or Clermont previous year. We certainly aren't favourites but Munster are going in as underdogs behind Sarries and Clermont in pool. We certainly like that

Munster are always good for a long ride in the new cup and maybe everybody will be trying a little harder to win the first one.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts