• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Grand Theft Auto IV Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but isn't GTA4 meant to follow on from GTA3? I thought the last three in the series were all connected, not considering Vice City and San Andreas.

yay im gettin GTA2! I remember playing it when i was 12...good entertainment the top down view.

Small bit of information from Wikipedia, some probably old news, but new to me

Rockstar has stated that all the trailer's footage is generated real-time by the game's engine RAGE, running on an actual game console, and was not pre-rendered.[11] The footage has not been confirmed to be running on the Xbox 360 or the PS3.[/b]

wootage

The new official Xbox page on GTA IV states that the game will be enabled with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound, downloadable content from Xbox Live Marketplace and played at 720p.[5][/b]

Oh God... GTA... with Sorround Sound... and Russian Mobsters....

I'm waiting for them to get out of America and take it to somewhere in Europe. You know, the winding smaller streets and the accents...ooo la la, and some half naked french women all pixelized! Okay, maybe not, but the Europe thing...they should seriously look into it.

Play Just Cause; Windy roads and all the Spanish accents you could ever want combined with teeming sunshine!

And an irritating control system that makes you want to give your controller the legdrop of doom!

Play Just Cause; Windy roads and all the Spanish accents you could ever want combined with teeming sunshine! [/b]

Saints Row is the perfect game to play whilst waiting for the new GTA. I personally prefer Saints Row to GTA.

<div class='quotemain'> Play Just Cause; Windy roads and all the Spanish accents you could ever want combined with teeming sunshine! [/b]

Saints Row is the perfect game to play whilst waiting for the new GTA. I personally prefer Saints Row to GTA.

[/b][/quote]

Isn't that online only?

Tis the camera -all over the shop I find. [/b]

When you can jump out and hang to the back of a jet fighter at 10,000 feet, skydive down to a police helicopter, parasail off the back of it and steal it (while still mid air), blow up a nuclear power plant then land on the roof a hum vee (again, after jumping out the aircraft), driving the car off a cliff after blasting 20 enemy soilders, base jump 150 feet into the sea, call for a jet boat to be air dropped and then sail off into the sunset... Who really gives a shite about occasional camera issues!!!!

Originally posted by teh mite

Isn't that online only?

Nope just offline only. It is similar to GTA, but it does have unique features in the game. You can do all sorts of activities (sub-missions) like Drug dealing, Pimping, insurance scams etc. The insurance scam is brilliant. You got to stand in the middle of a busy road & get run over repeatedly, the better the hit, the more money you get. You can use the shoulder buttons to dive into an oncoming car. Another great feature that GTA should have is you can go for a joy ride with a car full of your gang members, punch a innocent pedestrian & watch your gang members fight with you. You can also take your gang members & take out other gangs.

Well it looks like its still called Liberty City. A cop car in the video says LCPD and the Platypus ship says Liberty City... Thats pretty cool. Means they dont have to follow New Yorks layout too much. They still do their own thing throughout the whole city... They're just going to rip off New Yorks landmarks.