• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guitar Hero - PS2

D

dobrien7

This game is so much fun, highly recommend having a go at it!

It's a sturdy enough plastic guitar with 5 buttons along fret board, a shaped button to strum and a whammy bar... the notes on screen scroll towards you, you just strum and hit matching fret button and your away, hit the whammy on long notes and rock on!

Track listing:

Ace of Spades
Bark at the Moon
Cochise
Cowboys From Hell
Crossroads
Fat Lip
Frankenstein
Godzilla
Heart Full of Black
Hey You
Higher Ground
I Love Rock and Roll
I Wanna Be Sedated
Infected
Iron Man
Killer Queen
More Than A Feeling
No One Knows
Sharp Dressed Man
Smoke on the Water
Spanish Castle Magic
Stellar
Symphony of Destruction
Take It Off
Take Me Out
Texas Flood
Thunderkiss 65
Unsung
You Got Another Thing Comin
Ziggy Stardust

~Have a look~

And now there's Guitar Hero 2 coming up...

For Those About to Rock With Guitar Hero II, We Salute You!
RedOctane Announces Fall US Tour Date
Sequel to Award-Winning Music Videogame to Be Unveiled at E3; Choose Your Weapon â€" Rhythm, Lead or Bass Guitar

- April 17, 2006 - Sunnyvale, CA

Get ready for a rock encore! RedOctane® announced today that Johnny Napalm and friends will begin touring the US again this Fall in the new videogame “Guitar Hero IIâ"¢â€. Picking up where Guitar Heroâ"¢ left off, Guitar Hero II arrives with a new track list, new venues and additional play modes â€" including the ability to transform the original Gibson SG Guitar Hero Controller into a rhythm, lead or bass guitar.

“Guitar Hero has proved phenomenally successful! Guitar Hero veterans will be able to plug in their Gibson SG Guitar Hero Controllers and rock GH II straight out of the box,†said Kelly Sumner, CEO of RedOctane. “We will really push the envelope with Guitar Hero II. Despite the fact there are many months until release, we’re already implementing exciting features and innovations. This fall we’re going to rock everyone’s world all over again.â€

The top-secret sequel song list remains firmly in the rock domain, pulling from a mix of classic rock, ‘hair’ metal, heavy metal, modern rock, and alternative ***les. More than 55 songs will be featured in the next installment.

Veteran music videogame developer Harmonix® Music Systems has been busy in-studio, enriching this rockstar experience with more features and multiplayer modes. In addition to the traditional head-to-head competition, Multiplayer Co-op Mode allows players to collaborate in order to beat songs, with each guitarist playing a separate guitar track. Available guitar tracks include lead, rhythm or bass tracks, depending upon the song. The Guitar Hero SG Controller used in the first installment will also be compatible with the new game.

Guitar Hero II is the follow-up to 2005’s award-winning release, “Guitar Hero,†which rocked the game industry and garnered a stack of awards including: “Best Offline Multiplayer Game 2005†and “Music Game of the Year 2005†from IGN.com, and “Best Soundtrack 2005†at the Spike TV Videogames Awards. Recently, it picked up five awards at the D.I.C.E. Summit's Interactive Achievement Awards including Outstanding Innovation in Gaming and Family Game of the Year.

RedOctane has confirmed an early glimpse of the upcoming game will be available during the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles next month.

The game that has inspired a nation of wannabe rock stars to achieve video game greatness is scheduled for a new US tour on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system in November 2006.[/b]

http://www.redoctanegames.com/2_press/view...h2announce.html

I really want to get this, however I refuse to pay £40 por a game just because it has a special gadget.

**** it, when the PS3 comes out, it'll be a Fiver.

Man i dont see how you can play some of those songs with a push button guitar! lol i dont have any real impulses to go out and get me it though. May be another drunken classic though?? Why has no other console realised the potential of this yet? although they maight have i just dont no of it haha.

BTW Teh Mite, im not a big football fan but damn that sig even makes me laugh!!! Im sure its not a laughing matter to you however.

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Jul 8 2006, 05:27 AM
BTW Teh Mite, im not a big football fan but damn that sig even makes me laugh!!! Im sure its not a laughing matter to you however.
Especially as I support ManU

Texas Flood!!!!!

I am the man playing air guitar with texas flood....been practicing it since I was 15!!!!!!

I may look around for this game!!!

i played this game last night with dobrien and it is the best game ever! those who are crap at singstar and dont like the songs that are able to be sung, then this game is for you. the first time i ever played it, i got a 4 star rating and a pretty good score so i was pleased with my first time playing. its real easy to use aswell

I've played it and its highly recommended and addictive, shame it isn't on xbox instead....

Guitar Hero rocks! I wasn't that great, (i think thats cause i was using the wammy bar to strum) but its tops

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jul 10 2006, 10:17 AM
I've played it and its highly recommended and addictive, shame it isn't on xbox instead....
Does the N Hemisphere version have the same tracks?

1. Opening Licks

* I Love Rock & Roll - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
* I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones
* Thunder Kiss '65 - White Zombie
* Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
* Infected - Bad Religion

[edit]

2. Axe-Grinders

* Iron Man - Black Sabbath
* More Than a Feeling - Boston
* You've Got Another Thing Comin' - Judas Priest
* Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
* Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top

[edit]

3. Thrash And Burn

* Killer Queen - Queen
* Hey You - The Exies
* Stellar - Incubus
* Heart Full of Black - Burning Brides
* Symphony Of Destruction - Megadeth

[edit]

4. Return of the Shred

* Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie
* Fat Lip - Sum 41
* Cochise - Audioslave
* Take It Off - The Donnas
* Unsung - Helmet

[edit]

5. Fret-Burners

* Spanish Castle Magic - Jimi Hendrix
* Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers
* No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age
* Ace Of Spades - Motörhead
* Crossroads - Cream

[edit]

6. Face-Melters

* Godzilla - Blue Öyster Cult
* Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan
* Frankenstein - The Edgar Winter Group
* Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
* Bark at the Moon - Ozzy Osbourne

[edit]

Bonus Tracks

* Fire It Up - Black Label Society
* Cheat on the Church - Graveyard BBQ (Winner of the "Be a Guitar Hero" Contest)
* Caveman Rejoice - The Bags
* Eureka - The Upper Crust
* All of This - Shaimus
* Behind The Mask - Anarchy Club
* The Breaking Wheel - Artillery
* Callout - The Acro-brats
* Decontrol - Drist
* Even Rats - The Slip
* Farewell Myth - Made in Mexico
* Fly On The Wall - Din
* Get Ready 2 Rokk - Freezepop
* Guitar Hero - Monkey Steals The Peach
* Hey - Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives
* Sail Your Ship By - Count Zero
* Story of My Love - The Model Suns

There, done it *****!

i played this game at dobrien7's place on sunday night and it was better than on saturday night. we realised you can also play it with the normal controller which is cool for 2 player but using the controller is easier because you dont have to strum

Originally posted by MonoTurd@Jul 10 2006, 09:51 PM
i played this game at dobrien7's place on sunday night and it was better than on saturday night. we realised you can also play it with the normal controller which is cool for 2 player but using the controller is easier because you dont have to strum
Don't have to strum???? Where is the fun in that?

So rapt that they included Texas Flood!.....Good to see they appreciate masterpieces of another genre!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Jul 17 2006, 05:56 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MonoTurd
@Jul 10 2006, 09:51 PM
i played this game at dobrien7's place on sunday night and it was better than on saturday night.  we realised you can also play it with the normal controller which is cool for 2 player but using the controller is easier because you dont have to strum
Don't have to strum???? Where is the fun in that?

So rapt that they included Texas Flood!.....Good to see they appreciate masterpieces of another genre! [/b]
there is no fun in it, just makes it a lot easier

i was reading that in Guitar Hero 2, in 2 player you can have one player going as lead guitar and the other playing bass or rhythum guitar. man i cant wait for that

Just need a set of drums and there can be a plastic band... we'll own a copy of this addictive game come Friday :gat: :bananarock:
:cheers:
guitarsmiliewp5.gif

not taking anything away from you guys but it's far more challenging learning to play a real guitar :p