• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Harlequins - Leicester Tigers (26/05/2012, 15:00)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Aviva Premiership.png

Twickenham (26/05/2012, 15:00)
Harlequins.png
Versus Prem.png
Leicester.png

Live on ESPN

Last edited:
Tigers secure Barnes for Premiership Final

safe_image.php

Wayne Barnes returns to the club he supported as a petulant child

Leicester Tigers have made a sensational swoop for Wayne Barnes form European Champions Leinster ahead of this Saturdays Premiership Final against Harlequins.

Tigers came into form perfectly at the end of the Premiership season, scoring 5 bonus point wins in 7 matches before crushing Saracens in their semi-final at Welford road.

Barnes, who was started at Whistle-Bac k for Tigers while on loan during their last fixture against Quins on April 21st before returning to the Irish province hoping to secure the Heineken cup final.

Controversially, Barnes was dropped in favour of Welsh veteran roll-away Nigel Owens and was instead loaned to French big spenders Toulon in time for their crunch Challenge cup fixture against Biarritz. On that weekend, Owens guided Leinster to an east victory against Ulster while Barnes and Toulon went down to the Aquitaine side.

The Rugby Forum understands that Barnes has been privately frustrated with the way he’s been treated by Schmidt, despite the match winning performance against Clermont and immediately put in the transfer request.

Barnes is well known to be a life-long fan of Leicester Tigers and has previously indicated he's keen on ending his career with the club.

“Wayno is an awesome signing and just what we need for a difficult fixture like this,†we were told by Barry Smith, 46 and a semi-retired job-seeker from Rutland, “we’ve been to so many finals that we know we need the best ref we can sign.

“Barnsey is world renowned for pulling a contentious decision out of his arse , dating all the way back to 2007.

“It would be great for us to get back to the Walkers and tell all the Lads about the egg chasers getting a result again.

“We don’t care much for the sport like, but it’s a good excuse to get trashed on stella and see about a good old knees up with their fans.

“The nice boy rah-rahs never see it coming.

Anyone seen the photo shoot of George Chuter aka Louis Spence?

Most unappealing game ever. On one side you have Leicester who I think most people can't stand and on the other is Quins whose fans are getting unbelievably smug and irritating. I'll give this game a miss

I dunno, despite Quins fans getting a bit smug they're still infinitely better than the East Midlands lot.

I'd love to see Quins smash Tigers, though I think Tigers will win by 5-10

Are Quins getting smug?

There's a few bellends on the forums (but what clubs don't have them?), but their real fans are still a decent bunch.

More ones I know and follow on Twitter. I agree they're not as bad as Leicester

Most unappealing game ever. On one side you have Leicester who I think most people can't stand and on the other is Quins whose fans are getting unbelievably smug and irritating. I'll give this game a miss

Wow! love the football mentality.

Anyone know which channel its on as I am working saturday morning

So you're not watching it because of the fans? pretty strange that...

So you're not watching it because of the fans? pretty strange that...

No, I'm not watching it 'cos a) It doesn't interest me as a supporter of a Championship side, b) my personal feelings to both sides prevent me watching it and enjoying it and c) I don't have espn

I dont have espn but i'm going to a pub, i think it will be a cracking game with the way both teams have been playing, much better than the snore fest of saffacens last year!

No, I'm not watching it 'cos a) It doesn't interest me as a supporter of a Championship side, b) my personal feelings to both sides prevent me watching it and enjoying it and c) I don't have espn

who will still be a championship side next season.......haha

I think their expecting a massive crowd, i've got Leicester by 3 on Sportguru. I dosen't really bother me that much either way but I hope it's a good game, not able to catch it live unfortunately, so I'll proably have to score dodge for a little while.

Really hoping the Quins take this one. I think they've earned it to be honest. I'd still say Leicester are favourites though.

Would be good to see that team that finished top take home the trophy as well.

Bright start for Quins. Tuilagi could easily have seen a yellow for that.

Latest posts