• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Harlequins - Leicester Tigers (26/05/2012, 15:00)

Congrats to Quins!
Very deserved winners, and always great to see the team that finish top get to lift the trophy.

Also good to see that Leicester didn't just have to get off the coach to pick up the trophy, as many of their fans believed!

Well pleased with that. Hope to catch some highlights tomorrow. Now I can go to bed.

I was going to put my vcash on Quins, but changed my mind at the last minute. Balls.

Great game, great team, great winners.....................well done Quins !!

Let us see the Rabo Final be as good.......................

That result meets universal approval. Top marks to Quins.

Love hoe Cockers is trying to blame Barnes for that, akin to Alex Ferguson blaming Howard Webb! :lol:

Gutted but the best team won and its good to see Chris Robshaw finally get credit for the being the great player he is.

Great game, the atmosahere was brilliant and quins were awesome, wel worth a 4 hour train journey :)

Outstanding game to watch at 2am , 12,000 miles away in Kiwi-land; it must have been something else to again to have actually been there at Twickenham to experience it.

The ending of a 146 year losing streak must feel great for Quins fans. Relegation and Bloodgate is all history now, and how fitting it was for Tom Williams to score the opening try, marking a point between that history and the future.

One question: Why was Ugo Monye copping a round of booing every time he got the ball?

Last edited:
One question: Why was Ugo Monye copping a round of booing every time he got the ball?

Quins fans shout "Uuuuuuuuuugooooooooooo" when he gets the ball, kind of like SA fans with "Bbbeeaasstt!" :D

Saracens fans do the same with Hugh Vyvyan, I thought they were all booing him when he scored a try, but they were shouting "Hhhuuuuuuuuuugh"

Cracking finish to an awesome season. A big 'up yours' to all those who said Quins would drift down the table when the RWC ended.
My best Twickenham experience to date. Now where are the aspirin. Monumentally hungover!

doing a coaching course yesterday, which meant a ****load of sunburn and no tv so I missed the game.... but congrats Quins, they've definitely deserved it and done well to prove all the naysayers wrong this season (think I've been one of them).

Biggest achievement for me is their improvement over the course of the season. They were great when it was easy - during the world cup. Then afterwards all the other teams got better and Quins looked like they might slip back a little, but fairness to them, I'd say beating Saracens at Wembley was the making of this Quins team because they started to focus on ***le-winning qualities they didn't have earlier in the season - a strong scrum and excellent defence.

Now all we've got to do is get a Premiership side through to the Heineken semis...

Great game by Quins (and Tigers), pay off for the monumental start to the season.

One thing Quins do desperately need to work on however is defending lineouts - They got away with it yesterday however it will start costing them games now it's a known weakness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18222013

And despite reaching one of the most significant milestones in his own career and the club's history a clearly contented O'Shea could not allow himself to break from his mantra about building a legacy.

"Good teams win, great teams can kick and do it again," he smiled.
I love this quote from Conor O'Shea. Quins have a solid foundation and if they don't rest on their laurels, could be primed for sustained success.

O'Shea is really looking to be a good coach winning trophies in his two years. However there's no doubt he has been assisted by some very talented players and a strong academy.

Latest posts