• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Harlequins - Leicester Tigers (26/05/2012, 15:00)

what a bloody day!
Scorching hot, driving down M1 huge traffic backed up and mates car breaks down!, manages to nurse it into Aldi car park in Luton and then the fun began! Taxi to Luton train station, train to St. Pancras, then underground to Vauxhall then change for Twickenham (coming back it was Twickenham to Waterloo, change for Euston, change for Kings Cross, then St Pancras back to Luton, and another taxi back to the car.) Hour wait for RAC then another 40 minutes for transporter to get us back to Leicester! While we were returning from the game my mate (whose car broke down) got a text from his missus that her car had been hit in a car park, wing mirror removed and door panel dented!
oh and then the small point that the Tigers LOST!
Congratulations to Quins! you have had a great season, have been playing some great rugby and without any doubt thoroughly deserved to win yesterday! That there was only a 7 point difference in the scores is massively flattering to the Tigers! Despite the deficiences in the line-out and the scrum Quins were quicker of thought, more creative and time after time they created positions with extra players and overlaps. Quins handling throughout the team was like Leinster in the HC final. Tigers basically scored 2 breakaway opportunist tries and apart from those were very toothless. It would be impossible to name any Tigers players who had a good game, and IMO that was down to the Quins not allowing them to play. Lots of whining by some after the game about Mr Barnes decisions, I don't know the penalty count?, but in most games of rugby where one side is dominating they tend to get the decisions, and thats fair enough. Nobody seemed to know why Waldrom was binned? middle of the field and no previous warnings as far as I could see?
Despite the Tigers continuing success in making the play-offs final, I have ALWAYS believed the team that finishes top of the league at the seasons end is rightfully the Champions so once again well done to Quins your success is a great reward for your style and approach.............. see you NEXT year!

O'Shea is really looking to be a good coach winning trophies in his two years. However there's no doubt he has been assisted by some very talented players and a strong academy.

The Ospreys and Ireland know how important a good coach is. O'Shea looks to be a quality coach who's improving all the time.

Be surprised of he's even on the radar for the IRFU blazers.

Be surprised of he's even on the radar for the IRFU blazers.

He's currently behind a Kidney contract renewal and a machine that randomly picks players circa 2005 in their order of preference.

Latest posts