• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB Request - Name me some unique goal kickers

Luke McAlister takes about 5 seconds literally to kick the ball off the tee a very fast motion

Morne Steyn who has a final look and takes a big breath at the goal posts before he takes the kick and always immediately turns around after he kicks. that's also why he has more than 85% success rate.

Percy Montgomery's two step punt...

Just a question... will it be possible to take a 60m drop goal with Francois Steyn in the game... also glad to see him back in the springbok mix for the tri-nations...

Amazed Chris Patterson and his left arm thing hasn't been mentioned yet.

Sigh.... if only Ian keatley (connacht no 10) still did the bouncy bouncy style, look at the ball bounce twice, look at the posts bounce twice look at the ball again bounce twice, swing at it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ8EnfxInnE

Not to mention that when ever charlie hodgson kicks the ball as soon as his foot touches the ball, his foot stops, whats up with that!!!!

Last edited:
Top 10 most unique place kicking styles/routines
Gavin Henson (Ospreys, Wales)
Quade Cooper (Reds, Australia)
Ian Keatley (Connacht, Ireland)
Jonathan Sexton (leinster, Ireland)
Mirco Bergamasco (Stade Francais, Italy)
Stephen Jones (Scarlets, Wales)
Jonny Wilkinson (Toulon, England) Note: Olly Barkley's style is similar
Dan Carter (Crusaders, New Zealand)
Chris Patterson (Edinburgh, Scotland)
James O'Connor (Western Force, Australia) - Pulls out his mouthguard stares at the posts then puts it back in his mouth before kicking the ball

Of course all place kicking styles/routines are unique but the 10 listed here stand out the most

Last edited:
Cooper looks like he is kicking while holding a gurt big plank of wood.

I know this game is built around union, but i cant help but mention the kicking style of Jamie Soward ( St.George Illawara Dragons NRL)
he sorta just stomps like a horse before he lines up for the kick.

This video might clear things up a little
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XedKhal42V4

Hey if anyone watched the State of Origin Rugby League game last night
You would have seen Israel Folau take a farewell kick?

Seeing as though he is playing for the rebels next year?
He walks up to the ball in a "curve" like path, and then kicks sorta of like Percy Motngomery with a right foot?

Hey if anyone watched the State of Origin Rugby League game last night
You would have seen Israel Folau take a farewell kick?

Seeing as though he is playing for the rebels next year?
He walks up to the ball in a "curve" like path, and then kicks sorta of like Percy Motngomery with a right foot?
He's going to Western Sydney AFL club next year,
Shame, he's a cracking League player

stirling mortlocks
and get giteaus left foot this time!!!!!!!
please.

I used to love the way Andrew Mehrtens 'crept' into the ball, and always plucked his left eyebrow before he kicked.

Can we just pretend it's 1995 again and use the squads from then? aka JLR? :p

what about bergamasco?? he just runs straight up at it and kind of thumps it over the post with no technique or real skill just pure power

Latest posts