• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB STUDIOS Q&A vol. 3

Quick question. Anyone on this forum know anyone that has connections to the IRB. I don't want to be that guy, but you could be doing so much by trying to get in touch with them and showing them this game.

<O:p</O:pBut then again I have no idea about the legal constraints when it comes to licenses.

<O:p</O:pI think this game will be sick...
<O:p</O:pGives me the chance to play something other than FIFA and NHL on my console.

<O:p</O:pKeep up the good work boys and if you HB guys need help I recommend trying to get some free labour from university students in the summer or if they have co-ops during the year.<O:p</O:p

FIFA 11 converted into a Rugby game would be fantastic.

It seems that Rugby games will never advance any time soon. The ball physics (and player physics) in FIFA 11 are brilliant, there's a really good manager mode, you can edit the teams and players aswell as creating new players, create a virtual pro to play in pro mode, create your own tournaments, online multiplayer, etc. What a shame it's a FIFA game since I'm a Rugby fan. These things I would love to see in the upcoming Rugby game. I don't want to see Rugby 2008 with better graphics, I want to see Rugby 2012. I especially want to see this game on the PC, another thing I won't be getting from this ***le it seems.

HB Have said the Rugby 2012 will not have a franchise mode, but they have not confirmed whether or not they will continue with the 'World League' from previous games. I personally loved the World League mode and a tweaked version of it would be enough to get me excited again about this ***le. I hope that they can announce whether or not World League will be included or not.

i gotta say ive been waiting for this game for two years now and that interview is just downright disapointing.

I think HB are now looking for a publisher to pour some money into the game. The problem now for them is that they can't just wrap the rugby08 in a new package and call it the new rugby game. This time they have competition. And even if sidhe hasn't met expectations with their recent games, a lot of people will be sucked into rugby challenge for HB to change the marketing strategy.

there has 2 be a world league at least how much can in cost 2 implement something they have already done?

I have just deleted a whole lot of posts that are rambling on and on about the other game. This forum is to discuss the Q & A, the merits, features, or even lack thereof of Rugby 2012. That is all. :)

pretty sure there will be world league . i think what were going to get is the same features as rugby 08 with better game play

could somebody clear up the world league quiestion with HB once and for all.

World League was the part of the rugby 08 game that has kept me playing it for the last 3 years. I really hope they keep it in, i dont mind if there is no manager mode but for me a world league mode is important. as well as the gameplay of course.

having said that i am still really excited about this game and cant wait for more info.

As another of the people who have been waiting for a decent PS3 rugby game for some time, I was really looking forward to this next installment and quite optimistic for the fact that HB were asking questions and making all the right noises. What concerns me is this...

It's been a good three years since the last game was released which is beyond being plenty of time to create a game. It feels like a lot of the process of asking what people want from this game has come after the fact in a way, and that for the most part the structure of the game was decided long before any questions were asked. Now, having read the answers that the team has given, I feel like we're being told that effectively this will be a glossier repackage of what we've seen before with 08.

So here's my question: why, when there have been a full three years since the last game and literally hundreds of sports ***les to learn from in that time, plus an entire three years worth of people on forums begging the creators to deliver a game that works on a better engine with cleaner movement and more refined aspects (passing, kicking etc), has the developer just gone back to the old tried and true?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what is being said, but it reads to me a lot like "thanks for the feedback, it'll be a glossier Rugby 08 and we'll work on it in the years to come".

What you're more likely to do is turn a lot of people off the game by releasing something that isn't completely honed and doesn't deliver on at least a similar proposition to anything you'd get from another major sports ***le. And all because you want to release around a world cup.

Just my two cents, feel free to rip them apart.

You speak as if HB haven't been doing anything since 08 came out, they do/did make other games too!

I work as a consultant in my job and ensure I deliver a polished product with each of my clients...

That's good to hear...?

What, too subtle? Just because they've got other things on doesn't mean they shouldn't be committing 100% to each job. If you can't do the absolute best with each ***le then don't release so many games.

I'd rather one incredible rugby game every four years (sounds like we might not even get that at the moment) than a yearly release that is essentially the same thing each time with one added feature and which is slowly working its way up to the level it should have started at.

Who's to say they aren't?
Just because they haven't been working for three years on this ***le doesn't mean they aren't trying to their hardest to put out the best game they can

Like I said, it's what I've taken from their long list of responses.

I think you miss understood what he meant. It may of been 3 years since 08, but that doesn't mean they started building a new one straight away. EA was their publisher and they needed the go ahead from them to start building. Now they are doing it off of their own back so they don't have the sort of money they would like. Even a HD rugby 08 would please me right now, my 06 has finally given up on my xbox, and my laptop is a bit cack for games.

I think you miss understood what he meant. It may of been 3 years since 08, but that doesn't mean they started building a new one straight away. EA was their publisher and they needed the go ahead from them to start building. Now they are doing it off of their own back so they don't have the sort of money they would like. Even a HD rugby 08 would please me right now, my 06 has finally given up on my xbox, and my laptop is a bit cack for games.

No, I understood. My point stands - they could release this any time, but they choose to rush out their product before RWC to maximise sales. I'm not saying I think the game is going to suck completely, but I am saying it looks as though it will be severely lacking in comparison to a lot of other sports ***les.

If they were that committed to delivering the best possible product they might hold back on releasing this until they have something that will really blow people away. Maybe they already have that, but from the sheer number of things they've said won't change from 08 I can't see that being the case.

This game sounds like 08 with better rucks ,no licencing and no improvements. ALL WE WANT IS A BETTER CREATE A PLAYER MODE AND A CREATE A TEAM MODE moer you can create teams and creat tournaments !!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON HOW HARD CAN IT BE!!!!!
Buy the software, create a game and find out for yourself?

Latest posts