• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Final 2022/23: Leinster Rugby v Stade Rochelais

I feel Will Skelton is the MVP club player in the world tbh

If Eddie builds around him I feel Aus are going to do quite well in the RWC
Honestly one of the GOAT Champions Cup players. 4 finals and 3 wins with 2 different clubs. Been absolutely fundamental in dismantling Leinster 3 years in a row.

I think disrespect thing was just looking at the bookies (rhule) mentioned them. The British press also makes it sound like la Rochelle still isn't taken seriously by the French press as they aren't Toulouse/clermont/Montpellier.

Also heard ROG was reading out alpha's posts during their semi-daily vision board readings.

Cullen needs to go. Success has to do more with Leinster the institution and they have failed the same way under him over and over again.

The foul play in the air was iffy by LR got absolutely ****** two or three times.

"Strange what sort of narratives people can make up." TBF you can blame the irish press for a few of those

Headlines like despite it being fairly out of context in the grand scheme of the actual interview

https://www.independent.ie/sport/ru...y-urcs-you-have-on-the-jersey/a206734742.html
Saw this during week and thought straight away what an arrogant smug comment.
Put stupid too. Racked up the pressure and well fact is they folded like a wet paper towel. And I think it a mix when I say that. Porter for half putting that in even in mild context but also D4 mad press as they are guys that hype some up so much that when they fall.it an be irrecoverable for some.
Like some of crap yesterday was smug. Not saying it was Leinsters fault but for a neutral game Leinster had a post match function room for 550people. La Rochellgot a room for 100. And they rightfully refused and went to Lansdowne Clubhouse.
Equally the Leinster function room was decorated as a celebration party. Again not Leinster fault as ot was "neutral" but easy to light a fire under opposition then. Heard there was a lot of things like that

Looking at all the Leinster european winning teams they all had one thing in common I feel
That one top non irish International Lock/backrower who was nasty but not dirty
2009 - Elsom
2011 - Hines
2012 - Thorn
2018 - Fardy

Leinster could do with trying to find either a partner for Ryan that fills in the Thorn or Hines role or look for a physical 6.
Conan and Doris are great players but just don't think they work as a back rower even though Leinster massively outclassed Tigers I felt the Leinster pack didn't look that much better to the Tigers pack

With Leinster who calls the shots in training?
Cullen or Lancaster?
I think Lancaster is responsible for what happens on the pitch. I wouldn't mind seeing Cullen go but equally, we're clearly doing a lot right so continuity should be sought after in certain areas.

Saw this during week and thought straight away what an arrogant smug comment.
Put stupid too. Racked up the pressure and well fact is they folded like a wet paper towel. And I think it a mix when I say that. Porter for half putting that in even in mild context but also D4 mad press as they are guys that hype some up so much that when they fall.it an be irrecoverable for some.
Like some of crap yesterday was smug. Not saying it was Leinsters fault but for a neutral game Leinster had a post match function room for 550people. La Rochellgot a room for 100. And they rightfully refused and went to Lansdowne Clubhouse.
Equally the Leinster function room was decorated as a celebration party. Again not Leinster fault as ot was "neutral" but easy to light a fire under opposition then. Heard there was a lot of things like that

Fairly sure Leinster's post-match function in Marseille was abysmal, lads had to sneak out to see their family and friends. There's no love lost between these two, which makes it all worse.

I think Lancaster is responsible for what happens on the pitch. I wouldn't mind seeing Cullen go but equally, we're clearly doing a lot right so continuity should be sought after in certain areas.

Fairly sure Leinster's post-match function in Marseille was abysmal, lads had to sneak out to see their family and friends. There's no love lost between these two, which makes it all worse.
Again not sure on ot but still don't believe Leinster were responsible for organising yesterday and La Rochelle last year. But can understand La Rochelle being annoyed at huge disrespect but should have been aimed elsewhere and not Leinster. Equally authorities shouldn't have had it organised with 2 massive differences in capacities. ROG obviously was ahead of it though getting Lansdowne to give clubhouse. Also it backfired as authorities were not able to go in dickswinging as they weren't part of the invite list and it wasn't a function room organised by them.
If anything it makes whole top level look a bit amateurish

Don't be disappointed my Irish friends, maybe you will emerge victorious from the next European Cup final 2024.

You must pray and make processions so as not to fall once again on La Rochelle.
2.gif

In France, there is a saying that says, never two without three. 😊

Looking at all the Leinster european winning teams they all had one thing in common I feel
That one top non irish International Lock/backrower who was nasty but not dirty
2009 - Elsom
2011 - Hines
2012 - Thorn
2018 - Fardy

Leinster could do with trying to find either a partner for Ryan that fills in the Thorn or Hines role or look for a physical 6.
Conan and Doris are great players but just don't think they work as a back rower even though Leinster massively outclassed Tigers I felt the Leinster pack didn't look that much better to the Tigers pack
This is it. Ryan going off was the winning and losing of the game yesterday. Maloney and Jenkins made no impact at all, and let's be honest they never would playing against Skelton and Sazy.

We can talk about tactics, culture, choking and everything else but for me the outcome was decided by way more basic and fundamental elements... Leinster had players on the pitch who aren't at that level and La Rochelle didn't.

Latest posts