Bruce_ma gooshvili

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Georgia
1730hrs UTC+1

Italy: 15 Tommaso Allan, 14 Ange Capuozzo, 13 Juan Ignacio Brex, 12 Luca Morisi, 11 Montanna Ioane, 10 Paolo Garbisi, 9 Stephen Varney, 8 Lorenzo Cannone, 7 Michele Lamaro, 6 Sebastian Negri, 5 Federico Ruzza, 4 Niccolò Cannone, 3 Simone Ferrari, 2 Giacomo Nicotera, 1 Ivan Nemer
Replacements: 16 Luca Bigi, 17 Danilo Fischetti, 18 Pietro Ceccarelli, 19 Dino Lamb, 20 Giovanni Pettinelli, 21 Manuel Zuliani, 22 Martin Page-Relo, 23 Paolo Odogwu

Japan: 15 Kotaro Matsushima, 14 Semisi Masirewa, 13 Dylan Riley, 12 Tomoki Osada, 11 Jone Naikabula, 10 Lee Seung-Sin, 9 Yutaka Nagare, 8 Kazuki Himeno (c), 7 Shota Fukui, 6 Michael Leitch, 5 Uwe Helu, 4 Jack Cornelsen, 3 Koo Ji-won, 2 Shota Horie, 1 Craig Millar
Replacements: 16 Atsushi Sakate, 17 Keita Inagaki, 18 Asaeli Ai Valu, 19 Amanaki Saumaki, 20 Ben Gunter, 21 Naoto Saito, 22 Rikiya Matsuda, 23 Ryoto Nakamura

Japan have reportedly picked up injuries at lock and their 10/12 combo is completely unproven. It'll need a Jamie Joseph miracle for them to compete here in this battle of the most unfairly rejected coaches in World Rugby (excluding Cotter possibly).

If the Japan lineup looks like this in a fortnights time I think they are far far more likely to finish 4th in their group than 2nd.

Italy by 23

Japan have a clearly flat pass called forward and a good try chance killed. Thats what we have TMOs for! 7-0 to Italy.

Scoreline flattered Italy a bit as they win 42-21. Up until 78mins Japan would have been level but for the worst 7 points missed from the tee I have seen at professional level (and this is not an isolated incident for this Japan side from reviews I have read). Japan can't kick to touch either.

However, they botched a try and had a strong chance of a try blown up for a phantom forward pass, but despite all that were only 7 down at 78mins away from home to a decent enough Italy.

Joseph is working his magic offensively and defensively on this evidence but he will need to pull a rabbit out of the hat at fly half. If Tamura is injured or considered too old then Lee and Matsuda are just flat out not good enough.

A chance the roasting weather (mid 30s) suited Japan more. Italy looked a little drained quite quickly. Allan at fullback looked okay and I assume he will get some time there against Uruguay and Namibia.

Japan have reportedly picked up injuries at lock and their 10/12 combo is completely unproven. It'll need a Jamie Joseph miracle for them to compete here in this battle of the most unfairly rejected coaches in World Rugby (excluding Cotter possibly).

If the Japan lineup looks like this in a fortnights time I think they are far far more likely to finish 4th in their group than 2nd.

Italy by 23
This is so true tbh.

When italy hopefully break out in a year or two on the back of some great youth development hopefully poeple remember the work crowley put in there to help make it happen.

I thought Joseph made the decision to leave? Either way hard job for whoever they sign up next to live up to the job joseph and his staff have done.

This is so true tbh.

When italy hopefully break out in a year or two on the back of some great youth development hopefully poeple remember the work crowley put in there to help make it happen.

I thought Joseph made the decision to leave? Either way hard job for whoever they sign up next to live up to the job joseph and his staff have done.
I might be wrong, but I had read Japan decided to part ways with him, with Joseph subsequently announcing he is happy to leave. I imagine it will be a sizeable pay cut.

Latest posts