• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jonny be gone

The only reason Sackey had a chance was due to Strettles injury. He's quick, but he's shown he's also lazy and can't defend (see: Tongan trys).
[/b]

Despite two try-saving tackles, one in the Australia game and the other in the French if my memory servers me correctly, one even including a 3-1 overlap! Do you even watch the games? :blink:

Yes I did, and Sackey would never get into the squad if we had a compitant DOR who didn't solely select players from the RFUs holy trinity of clubs.And I know I'm changing my tune regarding him but I'm willing to stand corrected, Sackey has shown he's only useful at a club level and will never be an international standard winger.

And asking me if I watched the games is rich when you're the one claiming Perry wasn't seven different shades of shite.

Ah but I did post a reply to that which magically disappeared, admin tomfoolery perhaps? :wacko:

Let me put it like this - what difference did Gommers make when he came on for Perry in the SA game (36 - 0 one)? That's right, none at all...

Also how do you explain his performance against the Scarlets at the weekend, or did we all imagine it?

If I was an English fan I would be very exited about a possible Tait - Hipkiss centre partnership, seem perfect to me, pacy, dynamic, powerful etc.

If I was an English fan I would be very exited about a possible Tait - Hipkiss centre partnership, seem perfect to me, pacy, dynamic, powerful etc.
[/b]

Yeah, Tait and Hipkiss are both great. But I don't know about either of them playing at 12. I reckon Tait would be a good fullback with Hipkiss staying at center. I'm definitely keeping an eye on Hipkiss, he's just such an attacking threat who's strong and seems to break the line more than often.

I agree with teh mite about Ashton he will be a great player but he couldn't skin Habana!No way he could.

My totally unbiased (not supporting Tigers, honest), opinion:

ellis deserves to be in the mix up. At tigers and for England he has shown that he is a game breaker. His service is poor, but was improving. The fact that he can create tries with strong running can win games. I'd keep him about, but would mostly start with another 9 with faster service. I know i'll disagree with Teh Mite on this one, but if his running wins games then i can cope with slower ball. As long as he contributes to a win i'm happy. Game v scotland is what i'm thinking. Not great service but his runs led to several tries, which won the game.

moody also deserves to be there. There is no back row in the world quite as crazy as him. if he keeps his discipline he is one of the best no 6s at playing a high tempo game. He may or may not be at the top of his game in 4 years, but we need to win matches in the short term to develop properly. He has the experience at top level. By all means Haskell and co should get their chance, but Moody shouldn't be cast off untill he fails to perform.

Hipkiss and Tait: Tait could be full back wing or centre. If he goes to FB it will take a while to get a decent centre partnership. Hipkiss needs to add more strings to his bow. He is a great runner, but needs to know when to pass. In the WC final he came on and made good yard v a very good defence. But he failed to read the defence and as SA targetted him in the last15 mins he didn't pass out to those in space. He has the talent and i hope Loffreda sorts him out, because i don't want to be counting the missed overlaps in the 6N.

Wingers: loadsa choice. Sackey should stay around, but he by no means head and shoulders above Strettle.

Overall i think the key to England building success in the next few years will be keeping a strong pack, with a balanced back row, and developing a consistant 9-10-12 axis in the backs. One of the things Gommersall did in the WC was kick (sometimes brilliantly, sometimes not) and a decision-maker at 9 could ease some pressure from Wilko or whoever. The difference Catt made to England every time he came into the team has been clear, and we need 2 tactical kickers and organisers in the backs to get the most out of the many promising outside backs itching to make an impact.

Tait is to weak to be at centre i feel, if he bulked up a bit he could be a hell of a player.

Tait is to weak to be at centre i feel, if he bulked up a bit he could be a hell of a player. [/b]

The guy is only 20/21, he hasn't finished physically developing yet. He has put on a lot of muscle in the last couple of seasons, but has to be careful not to overdo things and lose his pace.

By the time Tait reaches his physical peak, mid to late 20s, he has the potential to be something very special.

<div class='quotemain'> Tait is to weak to be at centre i feel, if he bulked up a bit he could be a hell of a player. [/b]

The guy is only 20/21, he hasn't finished physically developing yet. He has put on a lot of muscle in the last couple of seasons, but has to be careful not to overdo things and lose his pace.

By the time Tait reaches his physical peak, mid to late 20s, he has the potential to be something very special.
[/b][/quote]

In my mind he already has the potential to do something special. He's already adequate size wise to be a brilliant player at fullback (or wing for that matter) which is where I think he'll be best suited too. Besides, it's a fullback you'll be looking for with Robinson retiring and an already superb young center (Hipkiss) isn't it? The fact he's only 21 is astounding and he'll do great things.

<div class='quotemain'> Tait is to weak to be at centre i feel, if he bulked up a bit he could be a hell of a player. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Well he wont be growing much more thats for sure, he will be a very good player but i dont think he can or will be world class. He seems to get thrown around like a rag doll.

Tait didn't get thrown round at all in the last few games he played! Maybe a few years ago that might have been the case but not anymore. If you have access to recordings of RWC games go take a closer look, he makes quite a number of big tackles - he's got a lot of lean muscle.

To be honest it all stems from that Henson tackle and people are still living in the past...

Well he wont be growing much more thats for sure [/b]

Not upwards mabye, but your body changes massively as you go throuhg your 20s. And you don't necessarily need to be that tall to be a classy centre. Tim Horan and Scott Gibbs are two examples off the top of my head.

Tait has never set the world alight as far as I'm concerned. Making his international debut when so inexperienced, subsequently getting dropped and then going on the sevens tour instead of staying with the senior squad ruined him as a player. For 13s in England, Hipkiss and Clarke are both leaps and bounds ahead of him and for fullbacks/wings there's Amandamon, Cipriani, Strettle, Ashton, *cough*Sackey*cough* and *cough*Cueto*cough*. He wouldn't be a first choice in my current England team.

His younger brother Alex however, now he's a raw talent that has potential.

Tait is to weak to be at centre i feel, if he bulked up a bit he could be a hell of a player.
[/b]
Tait is actually stronger than he looks.He some muscle condtition that makes him naturally stronger than others.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Tait is actually stronger than he looks.He some muscle condtition that makes him naturally stronger than others. [/b][/quote]

like spiderman.

Latest posts