• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June Internationals - South Africa vs. Scotland (15/06/2013)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
IRB.png

Mbombela Stadium Nelspruit

South%20Africa.png
Versus%20Super.png
Scotland.png

ouch........this one's going to hurt in the rectal area for the Scots I'm afraid...

Scots will get hammered. All they can hope is that it helps these younger players learn a few things on this level

With Vermaak out and Hougaard 50/50 it seems a possibility that Van Zyl could come on at 9 from the bench. It would be perfect timing IMO as we should canter past Scotland in good-ish weather on hard home surfaces. Willem Alberts and Bismarck du Plessis cleared for selection also helps. I'm just hoping for improved accuracy in general and particularly at the restarts/set pieces more than the score but if we get those right I suppose a big score is a distinct possibility. It could have been worse for Scotland though; it could have been at altitude and in blazing summer sun (which would just be fair IMO as our boys have to accept the annual mud bath just about every year).

Last edited:
With Vermaak out and Hougaard 50/50 it seems a possibility that Van Zyl could come on at 9 from the bench. It would be perfect timing IMO as we should canter past Scotland in good-ish weather on hard home surfaces. Willem Alberts and Bismarck du Plessis cleared for selection also helps. I'm just hoping for improved accuracy in general and particularly at the restarts/set pieces more than the score but if we get those right I suppose a big score is a distinct possibility. It could have been worse for Scotland though; it could have been at altitude and in blazing summer sun (which would just be fair IMO as our boys have to accept the annual mud bath just about every year).

Remember, they play in Nelspruit... There will be heat! Even if it's in the middle of winter. Happy to see Bismarck getting the all clear.

Remember, they play in Nelspruit... There will be heat! Even if it's in the middle of winter. Happy to see Bismarck getting the all clear.
LOL, yeah it won't be cold but imagine those Scots boys' lungs drying out in a really hot summers day on the Laeveld!

Louis Schreuder has been called up due to injury concerns over Francois Hougaard.

Cheeky little ****ehead.

Francois Louw is also out of the test, he is getting married (allegedly).

Very interesting.. Will we see Coetzee start? or will we see Lappies make a miraculous jump to the starting XV? STAY TUNED!

Sorry.

:D

Louis Shreuder really the next best no.9 in line??? Aah now i think of this guy who ive always rated and feel shouldve been capped by the boks already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyHLmdKuWwA had a fantastic game in this match too!!

To the one that got away.

Louis Shreuder really the next best no.9 in line??? Aah now i think of this guy who ive always rated and feel shouldve been capped by the boks already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyHLmdKuWwA had a fantastic game in this match too!!

To the one that got away.

With Vermaak, Hougaard and Reinach injured, we have McLeod (Sharks), Groom, Duvenhage (both Stormers/WP), Venter (Kings) and de Bruyn (Cheetahs) so I think Schreuder is a valid option

With Vermaak, Hougaard and Reinach injured, we have McLeod (Sharks), Groom, Duvenhage (both Stormers/WP), Venter (Kings) and de Bruyn (Cheetahs) so I think Schreuder is a valid option

Sarel Pretorius?

Anyone else worried that we'll see 6. Coetzee 7. Alberts 8. Spies?

We had that last year didn't we, and if I recall right we got bullied a bit.

I could be wrong

Anyone else worried that we'll see 6. Coetzee 7. Alberts 8. Spies?

We had that last year didn't we, and if I recall right we got bullied a bit.

I could be wrong

Yeah Coetzee is overrated for me, he is a grafter sure but his ball carrying is really not that good, id have Siya Kolisi there who i rate more than him!!

I think the Scots will have serious trouble due to the weather. Seeing that big bright ball in the sky may frighten them as it will be a new experience. On a serious note I can't see this being anything other that a training match for SA. The only talent Scotland has is in the Lions.

Too scattered, especially in defence.

But in all reality all Scrum-halves are crash dummy's when it comes to defence, but to criticize Sarel, his kicking game is not up to scratch and his pass power/speed is really bad but damn he can break defences!!

Rory Kockott was the complete scrum-half for me, could kick tactically, could kick for posts and could run with ball in hand and pass well putting players in spaces.

Rory is a good scrum half in most aspects. His biggest issue from what I gathered was his attitude.

Yeah, Sarel is shoddy on defence. And HM would rather pick someone who can do everything well. Shreuder is the next best option, so I can't see much fault with that. Sarel is also old, and HM would rather pick a younger guy that could be of value in the future.

Happy that knock-on mcleod isn't picked.

How about Lappies, Siya and Botha as the loosies?

Latest posts