• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester Tigers Thread

Well if yesterday's performance is anything to go by, then yeah Leicester will be looking for a new coach soon as I can see more teams beating us.

I've been less negative about MOC than most Tigers fans but if there's any truth to the story that he turned up for pre-season 2 weeks late then he should've been sacked immediately. Unless he has some kind of personal reasons, that **** is unforgivable.

I'm guessing that would also allow the board to sack him without having to fork over any cash, which is crucial in finding a quality replacement after a few years of losing money.

Wow, they didn't hang about. Now it's all about the replacement as there is quite a bit to fix. Needs someone who can come in and kick the players about of their complacency to get some real fight out of them, but also be able to address the skills/tactical deficiencies across the team. Big ask.

Buckland just left Ealing

Coinky-dink?

I honestly couldn't say what type of coach he is from my very limited knowledge of the championship, but I would say he lacks the experience to fix the issues at Leicester and while attitude is an issue, bringing back an ex-player, who has only coached in the championship, isn't the solution.

O'Connor going is no great surprise but I can understand Tigers' fans frustration over the timing.

He was never the right coach and the board really should have acted sooner off the back of last season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45411381

So Geordan Murphy is the preferred man and there are no plans to add to the existing coaching structure...Murphy was a fantastic player, but the implication here is that it was almost all O'Connors fault and now everything will be rosy and I don't buy that.

Coaching wise I suspect it was all MOC.

Murphy was saying tonight Cole shouldn't of played for as long as he did and Tigers looked unfit mostly becuase we kept giving Exeter the damn ball.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45411381

So Geordan Murphy is the preferred man and there are no plans to add to the existing coaching structure...Murphy was a fantastic player, but the implication here is that it was almost all O'Connors fault and now everything will be rosy and I don't buy that.
I could buy that MOC was the only problem. With the exceptions of Kurt McQuilkin and Graham Henry, who came and left in the meantime, no other member of coaching staff left Leinster after MOC left and before the double last season.

The difference being that Tigers had run stale before his arrival but letting Murphy bring in someone with pedigree to help could see the Tigers realise their potential reasonably quickly. I hope the Tigers come good fast, no team deserves to endure MOC and it not be followed with something good.

Coaching wise I suspect it was all MOC.

Murphy was saying tonight Cole shouldn't of played for as long as he did and Tigers looked unfit mostly becuase we kept giving Exeter the damn ball.

Problem is Murphy was in situ long before MOC arrived. He also wouldn't be the hard nosed bstart they need right now to whip the pack into shape.

He would likely do an awful lot worse than go searching out the likes of Martin Johnson or Andy Robinson as a forwards coach that he could lean on for an experienced word or two.

Problem is Murphy was in situ long before MOC arrived. He also wouldn't be the hard nosed bstart they need right now to whip the pack into shape.

He would likely do an awful lot worse than go searching out the likes of Martin Johnson or Andy Robinson as a forwards coach that he could lean on for an experienced word or two.

We'll see.

But don't underestimate how aggressive Murphy can be.

Personally Venter would be on my list.

Latest posts