• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester v South Africa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 8 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Nov 8 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Nov 8 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 7 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 7 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ireland will handle South Africa with little dificulty? Do you know something that I don't? Fill me in.[/b]
My thoughts.
[/b][/quote]
Simple. South Africa aren't that good.
[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Well... They did get beat by a bunch of lower division players on loan, academy youngsters and journeymen on Friday...
[/b][/quote]
That hardly qualified as a Springbok side. Nonetheless they were expected to do better

Not an excuse. It wasn't even Leicester squad members involved in several key positions, semi-pros on loan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 9 2009, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not an excuse. It wasn't even Leicester squad members involved in several key positions, semi-pros on loan.[/b]

I wasn't making an excuse.
Honestly, I don't care about the Leicester game, its impossible to read anything into those sorts of games. The Lions only just avoided losing to the emerging boks just this year, same with the All Blacks last year in Munster. Personally I find exhibition matches to be very interesting games, but hardly important.

Bet you wouldn't be saying that if they'd won (come to mention it, I remember there was a lot of gloating regarding the Emerging Boks v Lions game emanating from the African Continent) - All Tour games are important, not just the Test series.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 9 2009, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bet you wouldn't be saying that if they'd won (come to mention it, I remember there was a lot of gloating regarding the Emerging Boks v Lions game emanating from the African Continent) - All Tour games are important, not just the Test series.[/b]

I would consider it important had it been anything close to the starting test team.

"Bring back proper tours"

*3 months later*

"It doesn't matter when we get beat in non tests"

Same old story.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 8 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not an excuse. It wasn't even Leicester squad members involved in several key positions, semi-pros on loan.[/b]

This game was a write off from the start. I knew we would lose. Why? Because:

This was a 3rd string side. Not second string. There were players involved that are not even good enough to play for their provincial sides starting line-up. They were called up because they are black. Call them quota players if you will.

Then, there was not even one combination from any provincial side. Not one. No centre pairing, wing paring, 9 and 10, flankers, loose forwards, front row... Nothing. It was literally a 3rd string side, thrown together with a week to prepare. They were never going to win this.

I'm not taking anything away from Leicester, because they were by far the better team. Those 'loan and semi-pro' players have at least been together for a while, and are not there thanks to their racial make-up. But it's a bit ridiculous saying 'well they beat South Africa' when all they beat were a political mix and mash thrown together a week early. That team WAS NOT South Africa. They were a disgrace to that jersey, if anything.

lol

I'm not making any excuses but ........ >> insert excuses here, dont forget to blame the blacks << .........

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 9 2009, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
"Bring back proper tours"

*3 months later*

"It doesn't matter when we get beat in non tests"

Same old story.[/b]

You just can't let anything go can you? Stop *****ing ffs! And when did I or anyone ever say that above?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 9 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
lol

I'm not making any excuses but ........ >> insert excuses here, dont forget to blame the blacks << .........[/b]

This is a pretty **** comment from you. I'm all up for transformation, just not in the way it's being done. Transformation needs to happen at the grassroots. These players are not even starting for their provinces, but then they are 'all of a sudden' good enough to play for the national side? A policy like that is only going to hurt Springbok rugby.

I think it's really f*cked up of you to say something like that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 9 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think it's really f*cked up of you to say something like that.[/b]
Me? I just thought it was funny that YOU said it. I didnt dispute what you said I just laughed at it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 9 2009, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There were players involved that are not even good enough to play for their provincial sides starting line-up. They were called up because they are black.[/b]

Look, i'm not saying they are the worst players on the planet, but if you don't start in your provincial team, yet get called up for the national side, there must be a reason.

I hate saying anyone in a team is there because of their skin color, but some of these guys really are.

Raubenheimer is shockingly crap. Earl Rose did ok, but over-all, he is horse manure. Heini Adams is NOT our second best 9. Gurthro Steenkamp needs no explanation. Odwa Ndungane looked like he was playing for the first time.

The worst part is, we actually have some BETTER black players than the ones that were sent on tour...

I'm not blaming the players, i'm blaming 2 parties:

Pieter de Villiers is one, The national selectors are the other.

What's wrong with stating the obvious, that a player picked for the colour of their skin will not play as well as a player picked for the measure of their skill?

Also, this didn't make us lose like a million points in the IRB rankings list did it? Or maybe Leicester are now in the rankings list after beating the n1 ranked team?

rofl.

In fairness, I did notice a high amount of blacks & coloureds in that Springbok team. Certainly in the forwards, which is usually a boer only zone.

Have to agree with Jericho on this one. There are enough black players good enough to make a Maori-esque team for the South Africa. Might be naive of me, but why don't they do this instead???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 9 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In fairness, I did notice a high amount of blacks & coloureds in that Springbok team. Certainly in the forwards, which is usually a boer only zone.

Have to agree with Jericho on this one. There are enough black players good enough to make a Maori-esque team for the South Africa. Might be naive of me, but why don't they do this instead???[/b]

Because that won't **** us off enough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 9 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, this didn't make us lose like a million points in the IRB rankings list did it? Or maybe Leicester are now in the rankings list after beating the n1 ranked team?

rofl.[/b]

Luckily, no, it doesn't count as a test except to one's patience. I on't argue that some of those players wheren't picked because of the tone of their skin and tht better players were left behind but then there are also white players who were selected and have been selected previously so maybe this is not quotas but merely horrible selection? I mean Alistar Hargreaves? Never even heard of the guy.

Not really sure if I'm getting at anything but hat I do have a problem with is the fact that racially/political (one and the same in SA) motivated selections undermine those black players who hve been selected on merit. Habana speaks for himself but someone like Adi Jacobs who is a good player and deserved his spot IMO no gets thrown into every argumment about quota selections because he is experiencing a dip in form. White players also experience this and noone cries foul over their continued inclusion in touring asquads. Its a difficult situation ith more grey areas than most care to consider is probably the point I'm trying to make.

Hell, Rose surprised me by not being the worst player on the field as per usual. Maybe the staff knows something we don't? I don't think so but what I'm trying to say is maybe these players are selected due to PDiv's whims rather than being racially motivated. God knows Jake hite made some quirky selection and in the end we have a world cup at th end of his run so lets give the new coach some space.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Nov 9 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 9 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl.[/b]

Luckily, no, it doesn't count as a test except to one's patience. I on't argue that some of those players wheren't picked because of the tone of their skin and tht better players were left behind but then there are also white players who were selected and have been selected previously so maybe this is not quotas but merely horrible selection? I mean Alistar Hargreaves? Never even heard of the guy.

Not really sure if I'm getting at anything but hat I do have a problem with is the fact that racially/political (one and the same in SA) motivated selections undermine those black players who hve been selected on merit. Habana speaks for himself but someone like Adi Jacobs who is a good player and deserved his spot IMO no gets thrown into every argumment about quota selections because he is experiencing a dip in form. White players also experience this and noone cries foul over their continued inclusion in touring asquads. Its a difficult situation ith more grey areas than most care to consider is probably the point I'm trying to make.

Hell, Rose surprised me by not being the worst player on the field as per usual. Maybe the staff knows something we don't? I don't think so but what I'm trying to say is maybe these players are selected due to PDiv's whims rather than being racially motivated. God knows Jake hite made some quirky selection and in the end we have a world cup at th end of his run so lets give the new coach some space.
[/b][/quote]

Now that's word-play :bravo:

Latest posts