• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster got Lowe, Lowe, Lowe, Lowe, Lowe, Lowe - Guinness Pro 14: R. 10

Missed this earlier! Is this the lad who led to the infamous "Ireland stealing Georgian props" thread?
That was Saba Meunargia. The IRFU spotted him as a 2 year old child prodigy and relocated him and his family here against their will.

I'm sure Vakh Abdaladze was kidnapped and brought here too though.

That was Saba Meunargia. The IRFU spotted him as a 2 year old child prodigy and relocated him and his family here against their will.

I'm sure Vakh Abdaladze was kidnapped and brought here too though.
Oh right, he's the one! I do believe its common knowledge at this stage that the Russo-Georgian Diplomatic crises back in '08 was set up by IRFU spies so they could rob a few fat kids from Georgia without anyone noticing!

https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/ireland-stealing-a-georgian-prop.27043/
Missed this earlier! Is this the lad who led to the infamous "Ireland stealing Georgian props" thread?
Absolutely worth a read. Especially the thrashing of Ireland's scrummaging abilities, Healy being a crap scrummager, BG8 and Alpha being "upset children". Also someone bigging up Peter Borlase as a scrummager/ pro rugby player.
I mean he wasn't wrong it's just a weird time capsule, that Ireland had an absolutely dire scrum, Healy wasn't highly rated, we had actually lost to known tier two charity case England recently and BG8 and Alpha were literally children at the time and not the figurative man children they've become.
Also
24129989_963540087131899_1069307703395446453_n.png

https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/ireland-stealing-a-georgian-prop.27043/

Absolutely worth a read. Especially the thrashing of Ireland's scrummaging abilities, Healy being a crap scrummager, BG8 and Alpha being "upset children". Also someone bigging up Peter Borlase as a scrummager/ pro rugby player.
I mean he wasn't wrong it's just a weird time capsule, that Ireland had an absolutely dire scrum, Healy wasn't highly rated, we had actually lost to known tier two charity case England recently and BG8 and Alpha were literally children at the time and not the figurative man children they've become.
Also
24129989_963540087131899_1069307703395446453_n.png
My old posts on this site are the closest thing I'll get to embarrassing FB posts having arrived to that scene late. I'm no man child though, just a bro.

Excited to see Larmour, Lowe and Ringrose in the same backline. Delighted Larmour is getting another game at 15 as I thought Nacewa would be thrust into the 15 spot to get him ready for covering than position in Europe. Maybe Larmour is now viewed as the outside back cover.

Ireland are finding their own props. Martin Moore who was on last year's u20s team and Tadhg Furlong who's injured but probably would have captained this year's team are very good prospects who are potentially on at least the same level as Mike Ross (which isn't top class but usually more than good enough to hold up a scrum). Then there's Edward Byrne, a stunning prospect at loosehead prop who'll be with the Ireland u19s this year. Think Cian Healy's carrying and defence minus the brain farts (he captains his school), with powerful scrummaging ability and an offloading game. He has a twin brother (Brian, a hooker) who's nearly as good too. Jack McGrath is another solid prospect who's played around 20 times for Leinster.

At the moment it's mainly Leinster who are producing good long term options at prop because they have a dedicated academy scrum guru in Reggie Corrigan and a high quality senior scrum coach in Greg Feek. In the short term Ireland are screwed if Mike Ross gets injured because we've nobody else but with the IRFU's (well intentioned but misguided) policy on foreign players and now advertising for a national scrum tzar, things should improve down the line. We could be talking 4 or 5 years before Ireland have more than one capable tighthead and one and a half capable looseheads.
I didn't do too badly with this prediction from nearly 6 years ago!

Long term, Leinster are extremely well set at prop with Healy, McGrath and Byrne at loosehead and Hagan, Moore and Furlong at tighthead. Byrne and Furlong may be the best of the lot.
Nailed it with the loosehead predictions. At tighthead, Hagan flopped, Moore became an international and Furlong is top quality.

Greg Feek has done a great job papering over the cracks in the Irish scrum but we're now at a point where more serious consideration has to be taken as to how to fix the problem. Short term, protect Mike Ross as much as possible and get Jamie Hagan as much intensive coaching as possible. If Hagan doesn't work out, don't be surprised to see Nathan White fast tracked - at the age of 33 - once he's qualified to play for Ireland. Needs must.
Hagan didn't work out. White was fast tracked to international status. Maybe I should be a talent scout?!

Kings being obliterated by Edinburgh according to the internet. 22-3 to Edinburgh after 20 mins. Fairly impressive given the Scarlets and Ulster second strings really laboured to victory. Edinburgh really could be in the hunt for third in Conference B on the evidence of the past month, given Ulster's wobbles.

Kings being obliterated by Edinburgh according to the internet. 22-3 to Edinburgh after 20 mins. Fairly impressive given the Scarlets and Ulster second strings really laboured to victory. Edinburgh really could be in the hunt for third in Conference B on the evidence of the past month, given Ulster's wobbles.
22 - 16 at half time Not over yet !

The internet update got Sam Hidalgo-Clyne tourettes towards the end. Three straight tries and conversions to finish off the rout!? A step back from the Kings after a couple of credible outings. Not sure if I will see them on the return fixture after all unless they can put in a couple of decent performances this month.

I have to say I'm becoming more of a believer in Cockerill. He certainly has them scoring tries and competing for try bonus points. Not something I was anticipating at all.

Ulster are going to miss Leo. Does he leave in Jan?

(Well maybe not his goal kicking..)

Last edited:
What a bizarre finish to the Dragons game. Leli'ifano's miss was so bad you'd think he had money on it. I think it is Dec or Jan he is leaving.

The Dragons revival continues and Conference B has opened up a bit now.

I feel sorry for the Blues. They seemed more motivated and were executing better than Glasgow but got a red and then a yellow that ended any realistic prospect of a contest. I still wouldn't quite rule the Blues out of Conference A, but it's getting tough now.

Ulster are going to miss Leo. Does he leave in Jan?

(Well maybe not his goal kicking..)
I'm not so sure they will.
I saw Lealiifano at a supermarket in Belfast a few weeks back. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Anyway, saw none of that game, but it's incredible how bad Ulster have become. Not really sure it can be pinned down to any one area. It's kinda bogging down the entire team now it seems, talent or no.

I saw Lealiifano at a supermarket in Belfast a few weeks back. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Anyway, saw none of that game, but it's incredible how bad Ulster have become. Not really sure it can be pinned down to any one area. It's kinda bogging down the entire team now it seems, talent or no.
He's just jealous of being less cooler

Oh **** I remember meeting Martin Johnson at a supermarket once, I got a pack of M&Ms.

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the
strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold
M&M duels.
Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure,
squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is
the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to
go another round.
I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and
the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that
the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theatre of
competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.
Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or
pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be
a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength.
In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.
When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest
of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack
it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars,
Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading,
"Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."
This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free
1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set
aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we
will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

I feel sorry for the Blues. They seemed more motivated and were executing better than Glasgow but got a red and then a yellow that ended any realistic prospect of a contest. I still wouldn't quite rule the Blues out of Conference A, but it's getting tough now
Poor performance by Glasgow who made so many mistakes that they deserved to be behind for much of the match . Great defence by the Blues but by being red carded so early on they really were not going anywhere . Warriors put out very much a second choice squad and nearly paid the penalty .

Poor performance by Glasgow who made so many mistakes that they deserved to be behind for much of the match . Great defence by the Blues but by being red carded so early on they really were not going anywhere . Warriors put out very much a second choice squad and nearly paid the penalty .

Fair assessment. It was a good contest until the red cad. I felt that a yellow card would have been fair under the directive. There's evidence he put his arms up and the player fell into him, but contact was made with the head. If Tau really put the shoulder in Togan style then it would have been much more obvious - he's not a subtle guy! I thought 40 points was harsh considering the performance, but fair play to Glasgow for playing right to the end.

I think it was two depleted sides, a bit disjointed following injury and internationals missing. I am a big fan of Glasgow, Cardiff are trying to play a similar stye of open rugby and it usually leads to a great game. Really great fans as well.