• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster got Lowe, Lowe, Lowe, Lowe, Lowe, Lowe - Guinness Pro 14: R. 10

Sustained pressure by Benneton, labour to a try (eventually) then let Leinster back up the other end for a quick score. Frustrating.

Well at least after that performance I doubt we'll hear much about Lowe for a while... :p

Treviso a bit infuriating, very up and down but still baby steps in the right direction I feel despite the bad scoreline. Leinster reserves sometimes look stronger than the first XV.

Zebre regain their place as top Italian side, sitting 9th best in the league. Oh yes.

Ospreys are a shadow of what they were. We're so under their skin. Cloete is such a Munster player. Top signing.

Just as I say that he scores. Gets so many touches for a Munster back row. Holy **** that was smart.

James Davies scores a try on his return from injury. Scarlets vs Cheetahs fairly entertaining.

Two tries, including an amusingly untouched long range effort from a Cheetah's winger with a name that sounded like Craig Barry (maybe the welsh accents on S4C?) seals the win. The young lad even stole Mapimpi's infuriating "phone" celebration. Scarlets get losing BP, and with Connacht and Cardiff's woes this weekend it's hard to see either catching the Cheetah's now.

It's nice to see Leinster finally getting some good foreign players after a good few years of watching the supposedly top class Jimmy Goperth, Zane Kirchner and Ben T'eo completely and utterly fail to do anything even remotely interesting. It was all the more annoying after the luck we'd had with Contepomi, Nacewa, Hines, Thorn etc. Anyway, Scott Fardy and James Lowe have been well worth whatever we're paying them.

Two tries, including an amusingly untouched long range effort from a Cheetah's winger with a name that sounded like Craig Barry (maybe the welsh accents on S4C?) seals the win. The young lad even stole Mapimpi's infuriating "phone" celebration. Scarlets get losing BP, and with Connacht and Cardiff's woes this weekend it's hard to see either catching the Cheetah's now.

10/11 points is a bit of a gap, but there is still half of the games to go yet? 4th is a Champions Cup opportunity as well, which brings in much more money than the Challenge Cup, even if neither have the team to compete, so still plenty to play for!

It's nice to see Leinster finally getting some good foreign players after a good few years of watching the supposedly top class Jimmy Goperth, Zane Kirchner and Ben T'eo completely and utterly fail to do anything even remotely interesting. It was all the more annoying after the luck we'd had with Contepomi, Nacewa, Hines, Thorn etc. Anyway, Scott Fardy and James Lowe have been well worth whatever we're paying them.

Your memory deceives you - although we didn't play particularly nice rugby under O'Connor and the reign represented more of a nadir in the Leinster history books, T'eo was actually a good player for us; certainly one of the better performers in our backline at the time.

10/11 points is a bit of a gap, but there is still half of the games to go yet? 4th is a Champions Cup opportunity as well, which brings in much more money than the Challenge Cup, even if neither have the team to compete, so still plenty to play for!

True. Plus the Cheetahs have played a lot of home games, have lost a couple of their top players to other sides and must get tired if they don't rest their Super Rugby players over the winter for a good 2-3 months. And they seem to have dropped Stapelberg who seemed their most capable fly half (Welsh comms were feeling sorry for Zelinga he had such an average game).

I can't believe I'm typing this but I don't think we can rule Zebre out of the hunt for 4th if the Blues have a wobble.

True. Plus the Cheetahs have played a lot of home games, have lost a couple of their top players to other sides and must get tired if they don't rest their Super Rugby players over the winter for a good 2-3 months. And they seem to have dropped Stapelberg who seemed their most capable fly half (Welsh comms were feeling sorry for Zelinga he had such an average game).

I can't believe I'm typing this but I don't think we can rule Zebre out of the hunt for 4th if the Blues have a wobble.

I think you are right! Cardiff have the SA teams away and quite a few games against the Italian teams. I think there are enough fixtures to have plenty of changes in the lower end of the conference, including the Zebre rising up the table during the 6N and beyond.

Latest posts