• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v London Irish

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 6 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 6 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lamb is a c***, but I like the way he plays, and the way he makes his team play. Will be Leinstered at the weekend sadly. The ferocity of Leinster's defence was unbelievable, and I don't see Lamb or London Irish standing up to it.[/b]
You with me so.... I can really see Leinster putting possibly 40points up on L.Irish as I think the GP is so overrated and not an honest indicator of team but guess you can only beat what in front of you.
[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Im with Mite
I don't want to get into a GP vs. ML debate but there are at least 6 quality teams in England right now who on their day could be anyone else in Europe - the GP is not overrated and the standard of competition in it is huge. For Irish to be so near the top so early on is a clear indicator that they are one of the best (and most pleasing to watch) teams in Europe right now. 40 points? don't think so.

But that my point Munster and Leinster have learnt to grind out the hard yards and sloppy wins but in process dishearten opposition and break them down.

I also meant it as I dont expect it to be 40 point win it could be tight but it just wouldn't shock me if they open them up.

God knows I love tight exciting games and hope it will be tight.

Nahhh I dont subscribe to the convincing win arguement. LI are a quality team and have been grinding out some ugly wins themselves (in between running in 60 points here and there).

LI Have been together since the start of the season, with no interruptions from the national management. They are bedded in, and smack on form. Leinster have performed once this year in a one off grudge match against the old enemy. Some of our players will only be running out for their second match so I doubt we can perform at that level again. More importantly you know LI wont capitulate like the ladies in red did on Saturday.

This will be a close run game, and if we can get a win while denying LI a bonus point I'd be over the moon.

As for the GP and the ML. There are quality teams at the top of both leagues but the quality of the GP goes a little deeper then in the ML.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 7 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nahhh I dont subscribe to the convincing win arguement. LI are a quality team and have been grinding out some ugly wins themselves (in between running in 60 points here and there).

LI Have been together since the start of the season, with no interruptions from the national management. They are bedded in, and smack on form. Leinster have performed once this year in a one off grudge match against the old enemy. Some of our players will only be running out for their second match so I doubt we can perform at that level again. More importantly you know LI wont capitulate like the ladies in red did on Saturday.

This will be a close run game, and if we can get a win while denying LI a bonus point I'd be over the moon.

As for the GP and the ML. There are quality teams at the top of both leagues but the quality of the GP goes a little deeper then in the ML.[/b]
Don't get me wrong I know the GP has much better teams in quantity like but comparing top 3/4 ML teams to GP i just prefer ML.

Back on the point of Friday I hope LI do make game of it and I know they do have chances just away from home it might be big ask.
(Although last year we said same about Montauban)

I agree that L.Irish are on top form lately too but don't agree that Leinster aren't capable of backing up last week again.
(Although BOD said it nicely - "We got every bounce and rub of green while Munster couldn't do anything right on the evening")

So agree it can be a tight match but Ryan Lamb has to perform at 10 if they have shot

Here's Bob Casey's take on the match.

Originally posted by ERC Rugby
EXILES OUT OT CHALLENGE CHAMPIONS

Bob Casey cannot wait to go "home" - and try and put the skids under the reigning Heineken Cup champions when he captains London Irish against Leinster at the RDS on the opening night of the 15th season of European club rugby's elite tournament.

The Exiles, the 2008 semi-finalists, are back in the top flight and have been presented with the opportunity of immediately going under the spotlight at the home of the champions.

“It’s great for me to go back and play against my old club in my home town,†said Casey.

“But it’s also brilliant for the club to get an Irish province. It’ll increase the profile of the club; the fans will love it and we will get a good gate so it is great for the club that we not only drew a top Irish province but also the Heineken Cup champions.
“Naturally there has been plenty of banter already and I’m sure there will be a lot more in the lead up to the game in Dublin.â€

The Exiles beat Leinster in a pre-season friendly at Donnybrook but Casey knows that Leo Cullen and his team will be a totally different proposition come Friday’s showdown.

“I know Leo really well â€" we roomed together in school so we’re good mates â€" and he has been fantastic for Leinster,†said Casey.

“I think there has been a big difference with him and Shane Jennings going back there and I think they have really improved the
Leinster set-up. They certainly deserved to win the Heineken Cup â€" and they did it the hard way.

“They had to go away in the quarter-final, they had to play the Heineken Cup holders in the semi-final at Croke Park and then they were away in Scotland against the English champions. They thoroughly deserved it and they’ll be a big challenge for us.

“And it is great to know that you can win big things playing that way, an entertaining, running style of rugby. But you’ve got to remember that Leinster’s defence is probably what won them the Heineken Cup. They’ve got a phenomenal defence.

“They’ve got such a good work ethic and such a good team spirit â€" that’s what won it for them and that’s what we base our game around.

“We had the best defence in the Premiership last year and, if we’re going to win things, our defence is going to have to be the same, if not better than last season.

“Because there has never been an easy Heineken Cup group and this one is pretty much as hard as it can get.

“You’ve got the Heineken Cup Champions with five British & Irish Lions in their squad and so many other internationals. Then you’ve got the Scarlets, who have been one of the strongest Heineken Cup teams from Wales since the tournament started.

“Finally you’ve got Brive, who have recruited unbelievably well over the summer and have a load of internationals as well, so it will be very hard to travel and win in Brive.

“Not being in the Heineken Cup last season was an absolute killer for us. It is the premier competition in European rugby and, put it this way, we most certainly did not like watching it so we are delighted to be back in and we feel we’re in good shape to compete.

“Consistency is what we’ve been striving for, and we’re getting there. I think last year our win ratio was pretty good and this year it is going to have to be better.

“We’ve had a lot of experiences of big games â€" and not all of them have been happy experiences â€" so at some stage you’ve got to put those experiences to use ad start winning things and that semi-final defeat two years ago will stand us in good stead.â€

ERC Rugby

I did not intend to highlight that he is illiterate, just that he is never optimistic when Leinster play.

Or maybe I'm thinking of a different Irish member; you all look the same to me!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 6 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 6 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 6 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lamb is a c***, but I like the way he plays, and the way he makes his team play. Will be Leinstered at the weekend sadly. The ferocity of Leinster's defence was unbelievable, and I don't see Lamb or London Irish standing up to it.[/b]
You with me so.... I can really see Leinster putting possibly 40points up on L.Irish as I think the GP is so overrated and not an honest indicator of team but guess you can only beat what in front of you.
[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Im with Mite
I don't want to get into a GP vs. ML debate but there are at least 6 quality teams in England right now who on their day could be anyone else in Europe - the GP is not overrated and the standard of competition in it is huge. For Irish to be so near the top so early on is a clear indicator that they are one of the best (and most pleasing to watch) teams in Europe right now. 40 points? don't think so.
[/b][/quote]

Agreed, London Irish are far too good to lose by 40 points. As I mentioned in my preview post I think LI are the most improved side in Europe over the last year/year and a half.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Oct 7 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 6 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Im with Mite
[/b][/quote]

Agreed, London Irish are far too good to lose by 40 points. As I mentioned in my preview post I think LI are the most improved side in Europe over the last year/year and a half.
[/b][/quote]

Although I made comment earlier about it been possible of been hammering, I agree they have improved so much and the GP will happen very soon and they will land that trophy.

But lads any idea who'll loose out in Leinster back-line friday. Originally, would've went for Shaggy but he is playing well this season and if not him i'd have picked Nacewa and he is on form too.

Is it possible Mr. B&I Lions . R.Kearney will be on bench again. It very hard to say who'll lose out

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 7 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I did not intend to highlight that he is illiterate, just that he is never optimistic when Leinster play.[/b]
No i think I'm the one. I predicted Munster would beat us on Saturday so of course I predict LI will hammer us on Friday. Thats what'll be going on my predictions thread whenever i get round to signing up for it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 7 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Oct 7 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Im with Mite
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Although I made comment earlier about it been possible of been hammering, I agree they have improved so much and the GP will happen very soon and they will land that trophy.

But lads any idea who'll loose out in Leinster back-line friday. Originally, would've went for Shaggy but he is playing well this season and if not him i'd have picked Nacewa and he is on form too.

Is it possible Mr. B&I Lions . R.Kearney will be on bench again. It very hard to say who'll lose out
[/b][/quote]

Wait wait wait, so you think they'll win the Premiership and they're much improved but they'll still lose by 40 points? Blimey, Leinster must be good

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 7 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 7 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Oct 7 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Im with Mite
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Wait wait wait, so you think they'll win the Premiership and they're much improved but they'll still lose by 40 points? Blimey, Leinster must be good
[/b][/quote]
I taking into account it in RDS and Leinster are good

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 7 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 7 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 7 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Im with Mite
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

RDS?

Ah, don't forget the GP is so overrated and not an honest indicator of team but guess you can only beat what in front of you...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 7 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Royal Dublin Showground.

Also, could you cut down the quote chains, please? I might have to, you know, molest you with my moderations skills or something if I have to scroll through another huge mother****ing string of quotations from several pages ago. And I was being hyperbolic, so don't feel the urge to point out that there are only two pages in this thread. >_>

Nah, fair enough <insert mod who hasn't posted on this thread> is far worse.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 7 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 7 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Im with Mite
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Cant remember what I wanted to say now. I'm living in fear of the "MODERATOR"

Fascist!

Latest posts