• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v London Irish

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 10 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There's an interesting part in this interview with Shane Geraghty, basically saying that Booth is so hands on with decision making that he nigh-on suffocates players. Which for someone like Ryan Lamb (who hasn't got 2 brain cells to rub together) can only be a good thing.[/b]
That Guardian article is a good read. Geraghty's opinion seems to run contrary to the type of rugby Irish play. I'd associate a suffocating coaching style with 10 man rugby. Perhaps they (Catt and Booth) didn't trust Geraghty's decision making enough and were trying to guide him through games until he matured as a player. I fully understand how that would frustrate a young player - Leinster's Johnny Sexton was similarly frustrated but has ended up a better player for his experience of learning from Felipe Contepomi, David Holwell, David Knox and Alan Gaffney.

Jennings has been citing for gouging Nick Kennedy.

Source: Somewhere on the internet, couldnt be arsed locating it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 12 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jennings has been citing for gouging Nick Kennedy.

Source: Somewhere on the internet, couldnt be arsed locating it.[/b]

That's odd, Nick Kennedy said last night on 5 live with Matt Dawson that it was a nothing incident and he was just trying to get a reaction in the heat of the moment.

If Jennings is proven to have gouged, he deserves to have the book thrown at him - minumum 12 week ban. There's no place for it in this or any other sport. Having said that, I've seen no clear evidence that he has done so, merely a slo mo on RTE last week which, admittedly, didn't look good.

Nothing in it on that vid, although the citing panels are anal about "fingers around the eye area" these days.

Basically... If Jennings has a chance of playing international rugby in 5 weeks, he's got nothing to worry about!

he seems to grab the headgear with his right hand, the only dubious thing about it seems to be the left hand which is on his face but that's only for about a second in what is a slow-mo replay. I'd be stunned if he gets a ban for that.

It only handbags stuff why waste time on a disciplinary meeting when it a "no-case to answer" scenario and spend money on something useful like getting Alan Rolland etc out of them pink jerseys :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 13 2009, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It only handbags stuff why waste time on a disciplinary meeting when it a "no-case to answer" scenario and spend money on something useful like getting Alan Rolland etc out of them pink jerseys :p[/b]
In a quote from the BBC Alan Rolland stated, "Sirs, you shall never get me out of my pink jersey...except for you, the handsome one in the back, what's your name, Sailor?"

There is so much inconsistency in Gouging cases who knows what will happen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 13 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They cant penalise a player based on no evidence. If they do he will appeal.[/b]

Unless he plays for a French club against the Ospreys.

makes a complete mockery of the Burger gouging decision, unless it's like the whole bloodgate crap and there were extra camera angles available to the ERC that weren't shown on Sky. It's such a headwreaker that there's such inconsistency in the whole disciplinary process. If only the IRB would grow a pair and get a standardised citing process available right across the board.

If there weren't the extra angles available then we'll surely have an appeal, if there's not been one already.

12 weeks is harsh.... Very harsh especially when Burger planned to take eye out and got less :angry:

The IRB would want to sort the disciplinary issues out :%#%#:

Latest posts