TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Lions_Red_Fans.jpg

The British and Irish Lions will kick off their tour in 2013 in Hong Kong rather than Australia as expected.

The Lions are set to tour Australia for nine matches including three tests which with the Hong Kong fixture rounds the tour off at ten matches.

According to The Rugby Paper the Hong Kong date has provisionally been booked for the 1st of June 2013 and will be against a star studded Barbarians team rather than the likes of Argentina.

Hong Kong is the annual host of the most successful Sevens Rugby event and has hosted a Bledisloe Cup match between Australia and New Zealand. The two teams will play an additional Bledisloe Cup match this year in October before they hit Europe for their annual November internationals.

http://www.rugbyweek.com/news/article.asp?id=26553

They do, but if you read the article the Lions will be playing against the BaaBaas there

Lions vs BaaBaas?

Amazing nobody has ever thought of it before!

Hopefully it'll be a 90-point epic, rather than a sloppy performance from both sides because they're not use to each other yet or whatever.

Lions vs BaaBaas?

Amazing nobody has ever thought of it before!

Bullitt: This is what I was talking about in my earlier posts (NH vs. SH). Not exactly what I had in mind but a brilliant idea. Many did not think it was a good idea! Too many matches, traditions, it is not a tour, it is not a TEST, etc etc." I am glad that the B/Lions have thought out of the BOX. The Barbarians will obviously consist of SH players predominantly as the best NH players will be in the B/Lions team. This is what I have been dreaming about, the best vs. the best. It will be bloody amazing!

Last edited:
Not many as all the top dogs would have retired by 2013!

Maybe the following pending form and injuries:

15. Pat Lambie (in the mould of the great Rolls Royce)
12. Frans Steyn (should be more mature and more experienced, 26 years old)
10. Morne Steyn (2 years younger than Carter and should make the squad, Carter will probably have retired by then)
9 or 14. Francois Hougaard (Brilliant rugby brain, have to have in your team even if not playing in prefered no.9 position)
8. Pierre Spies (pending form, but he is a phenomanon and will only be 28 years old) and/or Kankowski (will only be 27, more experience)
6. Heinrich Brussouw (will only be 27, along with Pocock, the best fetcher in the world)
5. Andries Bekker (Will probably be the best lock in the world by then, will only be 29)
2. Bismaark Du Plessis (Will be in his prime for a hooker, 29/30 age)

Last edited:
Bullitt: This is what I was talking about in my earlier posts (NH vs. SH). Not exactly what I had in mind but a brilliant idea. Many did not think it was a good idea! Too many matches, traditions, it is not a tour, it is not a TEST, etc etc." I am glad that the B/Lions have thought out of the BOX. The Barbarians will obviously consist of SH players predominantly as the best NH players will be in the B/Lions team. This is what I have been dreaming about, the best vs. the best. It will be bloody amazing!
*facepalm*
Nobody was adverse to a BaaBaas match, everyone was saying they dont want the traditional tour to be scrapped in favour of Lions vs SH AllStars

Anyway, this is neither the time nor the place :p

Roll on 2013, I <3 Lions tours

Olly, I agree. I would not like the B/Lions tour scrapped. I just wanted them to play FIRE with FIRE. The BEST vs. the BEST. I was calling for suggestions and was gunned down with negative remarks. The rugby lovers are now getting what many including myself want.
Now, it would be a pity if the Babaas did not select the best players possible! I think that may happen because the best players may be Australian come 2013?! I do not think that OZ will release their strongest players knowing that they need them in a week ot two time. You may find their borderline players will be given the opportunity to prove themselves for the Lions vs. Oz Tests.

I must say that the Babaa match has really got me excited for the Tour. Bring it on!!!

No surprises that the "Scotsman" completely missed the sarcasm in my post...

so who would u guys pic for the lions tour if it were to be now i was thinking something like this:

1.Gethin Jenkins
2.Dylan Hartley
3.Adam Jones
4.O'Connell
5.Simon Shaw
6.Tom Croft
7.Johny Beatie
8.Heaslip

9.Ben Youngs (everyone else seems to be rating him on one and a half matches so why cant i)
10.Johnothan Sextont
11.Sean Lamont
12.Brian O'Driscoll
13.James Hook
14.Shane Williams
15.Ben Foden

Subs: Dan Cole, Euan Murry, Steve Thompson, Dan Parks, Jamie Roberts,Mike Tindall and Alun wyn Jones

You'll wanna get mout more then.

def not POC or Shaw for a start. Maybe not Shane either. Bench; No way Jones, and you've 2 TH props on the bench.

IMO

1.Gethin Jenkins
2.Ford (his throwing has come on this year)
3.Adam Jones
4.Kellock (think he's the guy i'm thinking of)
5.DOC/Davis
6.Tom Croft
7.Johny Beatie
8.Heaslip

9.Youngs
10.Sexton
11.Asthon
12.Tindall
13.Hook
14.Bowe
15.Byrne

assuming a 23 man squad
16. Thompson
17. Cole
18. Healy
19. DOC/Davis
20. Brown
21.Cussiter
22. BOD
23. Foden

Ok this pick is based on who is fit, on form at the moment.

Last edited:

Latest posts