• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

McAlister heading to Sale

Gotta agree with that - Both the Blues and All Blacks.

Toeava has showcased all the skills to be a 12, and from all reports he has a massive boot on him - Smith at 13 could be a problem though since he's brittle as a twig.

Hopefully that Bateman Kid comes on strong in the next Year or 2.

Than again, it will all be moot when McAlister comes back for 2010 and regains his spot by Eden Park 2011.

Smith at 13 could be a problem though since he's brittle as a twig.
[/b]

i disagree with that unless you're referring to him as injury prone.

he's just lanky coz he's pretty heavy, he's smart on defense (i.e tackling the legs) so he doesn't really need to be nonu sized.

If the AB's do win the WC later this year, who do you guys see defending our No.1 ranking in the first international of 2008?

Granted we actually don't have that many holes to fill, other than THP and 2nd5/8.

With Sammy Tuitupou gone aswell, Carter will be the only NZ player with any international experience at 12. I just don't want NZ to go down the path of so many other international teams (mainly NH) where they have a big running Inside Centre as opposed to the NZ way of having a 2nd 5/8 playmaker. Does Toeava have the game directing ability of Carter, McAlister or Mauger? I REALLY hope so, but not at all convinced.

I think it's pretty unfair to judge Farrel's playing career at the moment - he's only had about 8 games, and most of them were for England! I'm still intrigued by him though, I must say - I really think the poor guy needs to be given an opportunity to prove himself before he's completely written off.

As for world-class English centres; yes, this is a bit of a problem. I would argue that the talent is definitely there - e.g. Flood, Gheraty, Tait, Ollie Smith, Hipkiss, Allen; it just seems that we have a major problem in developing them as players. Smith, for instance, as we all know got into the Lions squad in 2005 off the back of a recommendation from BOD. The question must be asked as to how we allowed a player who was looking to be something really special drop completely off the radar and not get a look in for his country?

All in all a worrying state of affairs...

With Many players Leaving Nz After WC NZ first team looks very thin, and there for the taking mcCalisters move to sale is a great one, can't wait too see him if he plays in EDF

Latest posts