• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand 22 - France 27

France could have won comfortably. The ABs didn't have much to say against the defence, and if France's back three had dealt better with high ball the ABs would have found it very difficult to get field position.

AB lineout and scrum were good, but France ruled most of the breakdown.

Still not convinced by Dupuy, and Trainduck is very good but fluffed a few things that a better AB side would have punished.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 13 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 13 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 13 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 13 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 13 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.scrum.com/newzealand/rugby/story/98146.html

Well now, this definitely slipped in under the radar. I was wondering why everything had suddenly gone quiet from our New Zealand friends ;)

From a French mate who saw the game..in Madrid of all places:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Maybe the New Zealand press was right: it was probably the worst All Black team ever...
Totally inexistant in first half, all the points they scored were "kindly" given by Frenchs.
In the second half, they kind of woke up, but still weren't that brillant. French defense was good, but both attacks were bad. It wasn't a very nice match.

What's happening to New Zealand?
Even if there weren't the best players, one year ago NZ was famous for having two or maybe three potential teams...
It can't be only this reason. There was no fighting spirit, no inspiration, nothing.
Hope they'll wake up soon: Tri Nations' arriving.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Heh New Zealand lost match and everyone is silent about that

That is national rugby interests guarding immo

amazing, the way how to conserve your great rugby image :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

I'm sorry I don't have a clue what you are saying. Everyone's silent about that? **** I'm on my imaginary forum once again...
[/b][/quote]

come out of imaginations just by clicking the Link in the first post of this topic

there you will find what we are talking about
[/b][/quote]

Nope, still don't get it sorry
[/b][/quote]

What Lekso is saying makes perfect sense to me.

we speak one language, rugby

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 13 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 13 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 13 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 13 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 13 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 13 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.scrum.com/newzealand/rugby/story/98146.html

Well now, this definitely slipped in under the radar. I was wondering why everything had suddenly gone quiet from our New Zealand friends ;)

From a French mate who saw the game..in Madrid of all places:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Maybe the New Zealand press was right: it was probably the worst All Black team ever...
Totally inexistant in first half, all the points they scored were "kindly" given by Frenchs.
In the second half, they kind of woke up, but still weren't that brillant. French defense was good, but both attacks were bad. It wasn't a very nice match.

What's happening to New Zealand?
Even if there weren't the best players, one year ago NZ was famous for having two or maybe three potential teams...
It can't be only this reason. There was no fighting spirit, no inspiration, nothing.
Hope they'll wake up soon: Tri Nations' arriving.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Heh New Zealand lost match and everyone is silent about that

That is national rugby interests guarding immo

amazing, the way how to conserve your great rugby image :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

I'm sorry I don't have a clue what you are saying. Everyone's silent about that? **** I'm on my imaginary forum once again...
[/b][/quote]

come out of imaginations just by clicking the Link in the first post of this topic

there you will find what we are talking about
[/b][/quote]

Nope, still don't get it sorry
[/b][/quote]

What Lekso is saying makes perfect sense to me.

we speak one language, rugby

[/b][/quote]

I'm confusted here. The link is to an article about the match, cited as an example of how everyone is supposed to be "silent" about the game... I just don't get it, nothing to do with the language!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 13 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm confusted here. The link is to an article about the match, cited as an example of how everyone is supposed to be "silent" about the game... I just don't get it, nothing to do with the language![/b]
I believe Lekso was saying that the New Zealanders didn't create a thread on this game due to embarrassment, or something. Hence the whole 'keeping silent' thing. He was following on from a point that Prestwick had made, in that no thread had been made during or before the match.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 13 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I believe Lekso was saying that the New Zealanders didn't create a thread on this game due to embarrassment, or something. Hence the whole 'keeping silent' thing. He was following on from a point that Prestwick had made, in that no thread had been made during or before the match.[/b]

Yes I did, otherwise they would wash off our ears

I don't think my posts were too difficult to understand :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess most of the other teams we could have fielded are made up of injured players or those who live "somewhere else" now, lol!

Our best players are part of coaching some other teams from "somewhere else" (by playing in them), hence teams from "somewhere else" are getting better. :)

Victory bought and paid for?......Never, lol, jk and all that stuff!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 13 2009, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 13 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe Lekso was saying that the New Zealanders didn't create a thread on this game due to embarrassment, or something. Hence the whole 'keeping silent' thing. He was following on from a point that Prestwick had made, in that no thread had been made during or before the match.[/b]

Yes I did, otherwise they would wash off our ears

I don't think my posts were too difficult to understand :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Never mind...

By the way, forgot to say. The french totally outplayed us in that match. Total praise to their endeavour. The only team to show any heart in the match.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 13 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm confusted here. The link is to an article about the match, cited as an example of how everyone is supposed to be "silent" about the game... I just don't get it, nothing to do with the language![/b]

I think Lekso was saying what I said in the opening post of this topic: i.e. "New Zealand losing is the reason why New Zealand fans are so quiet this morning" :)

Oh, so everybody is aware... France are now the holders of the TRF international Shield.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 13 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 13 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Lekso was saying what I said in the opening post of this topic: i.e. "New Zealand losing is the reason why New Zealand fans are so quiet this morning" :)
[/b][/quote]

OK thanks I get it now. Hadn't noticed it but so true :lol: .

Great win ! That was a weakened AB side, but winning in New Zealand is always a huge performance, it's only the 4th time and the first of professional era for us. The All Blacks always have plenty of talent, and the french were tired after a marathon-like season, with no time to train, so I think it's a fair win.

Still not conviced by Trinh-Duc: amazing skills but he plays like a centre, always running trough the defense. His vision, kicking and distribution are still weak to me. He should move to a bigger team (maybe Toulouse, like Picamoles ?) to improve his game. All the frenchmen were good, especially Dusautoir, Médard, Ouedraogo and Traille. And we have at last a decent scrum.

Now we've got to not choke in the second test, just like we did after the Wales game in the 6N... and I guess that time the All Blacks will be aware of the rush defense thing. If they find the key to deal with it (maybe some space around Bastareaud ?) and if they're not too awkward it could be very dangerous for us. Hope Lievremont will play it smart.

‘he's been ushered off to play provisional rugby’ Prestwick

‘The French just completely outplayed the ABs tonight in about every asset of the game i thought’ Candybum

f*** there are some bright c***s using this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bjok @ Jun 13 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
'he's been ushered off to play provisional rugby' Prestwick

'The French just completely outplayed the ABs tonight in about every asset of the game i thought' Candybum

f*** there are some bright c***s using this forum!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Also plenty of dirty mouths it seems...

Great win for France, completely forgot they were even playing until I saw the article on BBC Sport just now. Fair play les Bleus.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bjok @ Jun 13 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
'he's been ushered off to play provisional rugby' Prestwick

'The French just completely outplayed the ABs tonight in about every asset of the game i thought' Candybum

f*** there are some bright c***s using this forum!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Chiro! Welcome back! The sig and the gimp mask are in your room just how you left it!

Yeah, I don't think he's too happy right now. Saying he is "bitter" is probably understating the case. I mean, he's just savaged one of his own countrymen!

From the match some of my opinions were confirmed.
  1. Donald is not an All Black fly-half
  2. Thomson is not an All Black flanker
  3. New Zealand need Carter and McCaw back a.s.a.p
  4. Weepu is much better than Cowan and should be starting
  5. Toeava has all the talent but doesn't do the basics skills properly in a high pressured match
  6. Dupuy was solid and should be the scrum-half for another few years
  7. Jane is a class player and deserved his spot
  8. A flanker force of Ouedraogo and Dusautoir, along with a big number eight works very well
If things don't change New Zealand will lose the test series 2-0

Watching the game I dont think Donald performed as badly as everybody makes out. He made a few errors but this match was a huge step up from the scraps he's been given in his previous tests. to be honest he really didn't have a lot to do with the all blacks going down by 14 points in the first half you could really blame that on the loose forwards. They were green and it showed, they were dominated and it put the backs in terrible positions. The return to the old rules didn't help, France's mauling game put them in great position which allowed them to get good territory early on.

Nonu too had a shocking start to the game with two knock ons and the All Blacks lack of class centres came out again. Mcallister is a player I don't have a lot of respect for. Why does everybody hold him in such High regard? a yellow card and a shocking 50 metre drop goal attempt in his last game as an All Black and he's still expected to save the team? he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game and gave up a terrible intercept try then showed no pace in pulling back the french fullback who was cutting angles because he doesn't have elite speed either.

On a brighter note it seems the AB's lineout problems seem to be over with Isaac Ross and Brad Thorn performing well. They got a few steals and ross showed he has good hands. Cory Jane and Muliaina played well, and when he finally got the ball Rokocoko showed some elusive running, not up there with Sivivatu but a decent effort. What is up with Keiran Read? The second coming of Reuben Thorne, the Invisible man Returns...

Overall france were the better team without doubt, but the game was still close. A bit of focus on mauling, defense and ball handling and the Ab's could be back on form by next week. Fingers crossed

Latest posts