• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] Ireland vs. New Zealand (05/11/2016)

If Kearney starts at 15, I might spend the day on PR drinking the tears of outrage.

If Kearney starts at 15, I might spend the day on PR drinking the tears of outrage.

The fact the team is reported across board I'd say it accurate. It seems Dillane/Ryan selection and sub scrum half seems only 2 issues.
Hope Ryan starts as he won't offer much coming on where Dillane will.

Sub scrum half is more if Marmion looses out again I'd wager he will be looking to leave Ireland.

If the Cubs manages to pull off an incredible win Chicago will be absolutely crazy.
They do something 106 years in the making, we follow up with something 111 years in the making right after! Good week, everyone goes into the ****show that is their election next week happy... Who has Barrack Obama's and Steve Hansen's snapchats?

Yeah it's easy to see the logic of most contentious selections if you move past the curtain, but Kearney is stronger than Payne in neither attack or defence, and we have a centre able to step in for him who is the brightest talent we've seen in Ireland for a while. Concerns about Ringrose's physicality have been more than addressed. His defense and general awareness in the position is far better than an out of position Earls was trusted to start a WC quarter final at centre, so I don't understand the hesitancy in crowning Henshrose the future of Irish rugby, and champions of our hearts.
P.S my stable of yanks say Cubs won't happen, but they're very optimistic about Ireland despite never having seen a rugby game.

McGrath deserves the sub 9 spot ahead of Marmion. I would start Dillane too, pick the better player, NZ will be strongest in the last 20, we need to be protecting a lead bigger than one score by then anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it's easy to see the logic of most contentious selections if you move past the curtain, but Kearney is stronger than Payne in neither attack or defence, and we have a centre able to step in for him who is the brightest talent we've seen in Ireland for a while. Concerns about Ringrose's physicality have been more than addressed. His defense and general awareness in the position is far better than an out of position Earls was trusted to start a WC quarter final at centre, so I don't understand the hesitancy in crowning Ringshaw the future of Irish rugby, and champions of our hearts.
FTFY

All Blacks:

1. Moody
2. Coles
3. Franks
4. Tuipulotu
5. Kaino
6. Squire
7. Cane
8. Read (c)
9. Smith. A
10. Barrett. B
11. Savea. J
12. Crotty
13. Moala
14. Naholo
15. Smith. B

16. Taylor
17. Tu'ungfasi
18. Faumaina
19. Barrett. S
20. Savea. A
21. Perenara
22. Cruden
23. Fekitoa

Kaino at lock is interesting. Lineout looks like it will be lacking but I can't see it mattering too much. Cane thrown back in at the deep end is questionable. Dropping of ALB... why? Same for Dagg, they've both been fantastic. I'm a fan of Barrett over Romano on the bench.

Those 23 boys selected should be very proud of the role they're going to play in making Irish sporting history. (Pretty strong team, we really need to harass the set piece to have a chance. Back three in particular has me very worried)

Back three and halfbacks are awfully scary, that pack and midfield not so much. I think we have a better chance this week than in Dublin tbh, when the first choice rows come back we'll struggle greatly for parity anywhere.

Midfield not scary? I still see that ******* Crotty crossing the tryline on the 80 minute mark in my nightmares.

Midfield not scary? I still see that ******* Crotty crossing the tryline on the 80 minute mark in my nightmares.

Moala too, did you see the way he cut apart Wales last time he started? I'd rather see 12. ALB 13. Moala but that is still a pretty terrifying pairing to cone up against. Combine that with with Savea and Naholo crashing the ball up through the centre and Henshaw and Payne/Ringrose are going to have a long day.

And to say the pack is t scary... They may struggle in the set piece with Kaino at lock, but in open play I can't see them being anything other than devastating. Coles, Tuipulotu, Kaino, Squire and Read are all immense with ball in hand.

Last edited:
Well at least the All Blacks have noone on bench who can make an impact

Latest posts