• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Leinster

ballsy call yet again from the Ospreys but it worked first time round so why not.

Can't believe there's 20 minutes left in this match, feels like the second half has been going on an hour.

Leinster playing rather rubbish...well both teams are.

'Mankey' Dropgoal.

Nacewa DG to give <strike>Chelsea</strike> Leinster the lead 11-12

Scrappy, horrible game though. More handling errors then an entire season of Super 14.

great work from Keane after a superb chip and chase from Byrne prior to it.

Sexton slots the kick.

And THAT WILL DO NICELY.

Big win for Leinster. It was ugly, but we'll take it. last year we would have bottled that one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 18 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And THAT WILL DO NICELY.

Big win for Leinster. It was ugly, but we'll take it. last year we would have bottled that one.[/b]

well we didn't bottle it last year in a similar game against them, although that was in March, before Christmas we probably would have so you've got a point.

Pathetic again from the Ospreys. They just can't seem to cope with a rush defence, which is a bit odd, as it's been their defence of choice for the last few years! Holah was again sh*t, compounding things with that stupid f**ing kick at the end.

The simple matter was, that the Ospreys deserved to loose more than Leinster. Neither team really deserved to win. Poor match, and it looks as though the Ospreys fans are getting fed-up. I certainly am!

An awful, awful game. I'll focus on Leinster seeing as I couldn't care about how the Ospreys played!

I thought Nathan Hines was Leinster's MoM. He was secure in the lineout, tackled well, won at least one turnover, added weight to the scrum and looked more than competent with ball in hand. Sexton was solid but unspecatular. Fogarty has improved immensely in the last two games. McFadden played like a man possessed in his half hour on the field. The defence was superb again.

Negatives include the boring gameplan, lack of penetration in midfield again, Nacewa's fielding of the ball when under pressure and the team's inability to cross the Hairsprays tryline.

Lads on watching tonight can we safely say I think that the Ospreys problem is there are way too many individuals and no team play.
Apart from Collins in patches I thought their forwards were destroyed by Leinster.
Agree that Hines was MoM for work he put in but seriously what is with the away kit it rivals the Muster training kit(We have nice yellow)

But also am impressed by Sexton so far although still think he needs a year on bench as understudy to ROG. But he should be on bench ahead of P.Wallace and is developing much quicker than Ian Keatley.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 18 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lads on watching tonight can we safely say I think that the Ospreys problem is there are way too many individuals and no team play.
Apart from Collins in patches I thought their forwards were destroyed by Leinster.
Agree that Hines was MoM for work he put in but seriously what is with the away kit it rivals the Muster training kit(We have nice yellow)

But also am impressed by Sexton so far although still think he needs a year on bench as understudy to ROG.
But he should be on bench ahead of P.Wallace and is developing much quicker than Ian Keatley.[/b]
Why hinder the lad? He's the best thing to happen to Irish rugby since BOD first came through.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 19 2009, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 18 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But also am impressed by Sexton so far although still think he needs a year on bench as understudy to ROG.
But he should be on bench ahead of P.Wallace and is developing much quicker than Ian Keatley.[/b]
Why hinder the lad? He's the best thing to happen to Irish rugby since BOD first came through.
[/b][/quote]

Only because he's replacing O'Gara. He's not that good, mainly because he drifts in and out of matches. I see a season of the kind of thing that happened with Humphreys and O'Gara where it was 50/50 who'd start in each match and the other when then come in anytime in the second half and change the style of the match.

I'd rather Sexton starting at the mo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 19 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 19 2009, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 18 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why hinder the lad? He's the best thing to happen to Irish rugby since BOD first came through.[/b][/quote]

Only because he's replacing O'Gara. He's not that good, mainly because he drifts in and out of matches. I see a season of the kind of thing that happened with Humphreys and O'Gara where it was 50/50 who'd start in each match and the other when then come in anytime in the second half and change the style of the match.

I'd rather Sexton starting at the mo.
[/b][/quote]

Agreed he is best prospect and has steel nerve with boot but look he is relatively new and think a year under ROG is what he needs to blend in and just learn ropes of International Rugby but do agree he's our long term replacement to ROG if he maintains form like lets not forget last Nov and Dec he was playing AIL because of poor attitude etc. But it depends on what Kidney is looking at more the present or blooding 1 or 2 for 2011

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 19 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
lets not forget last Nov and Dec he was playing AIL because of poor attitude etc.[/b]
Was he? Poor attitude? :rolleyes: Sounds like something stright from munsterfans to me.

Hows about the performance vs Wasps in October, or the semi (ahhh memories) and final of the HEC? Some pretty big games in which he was pretty much the bees knees.

its not a matter of whether he will be understudy, its a matter of whether he will start or not.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 19 2009, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 19 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lets not forget last Nov and Dec he was playing AIL because of poor attitude etc.[/b]
Was he? Poor attitude? :rolleyes: Sounds like something stright from munsterfans to me.

Hows about the performance vs Wasps in October, or the semi (ahhh memories) and final of the HEC? Some pretty big games in which he was pretty much the bees knees.

its not a matter of whether he will be understudy, its a matter of whether he will start or not.
[/b][/quote]

Agree that he up with ROG and yeah he was impressive at end of last season and i remember saying in croker that him and sean o'brien were 2players on major form but Leinster management did say so themselves his attitude was poor last Nov-Jan and he played more with his club in AIL than in ML with Leinster.

As in we down here in Munster realize he is eventually going to be irish 10 just think autumn internationals and a 6nations of coming off bench will benefit him greatly and hey if he shocks us again and his progression is quicker again i agree let him loose in 6nations.

Fearing for our club game in Wales at the moment. The lack of ideas from our club sides is very evident and i'm hoping they dont carry this poor form into the Autumn internationals, the Ospreys have always been under-achievers but the last 2 games have been woeful.

Dragons suprisingly carrying the nation at the moment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 19 2009, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 19 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

In fairness, that sort of thing (yes, down with that sort of thing) is frowned upon by most at MF

I have no problem with Sexton, and hope he is first choice in the AI's and 6N, but certain Munster fans dislike him because of his petulant attack on Lifemi Mafi which he got a ridiculously short ban for, and the incident where he screamed in ROG's face in the semi. Not because he is taking our precious flyhalf's Ireland place :lol: (I had no real problem with the semi-incident btw, ROG himself has done it plenty of times)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fozastuta @ Sep 19 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fearing for our club game in Wales at the moment. The lack of ideas from our club sides is very evident and i'm hoping they dont carry this poor form into the Autumn internationals, the Ospreys have always been under-achievers but the last 2 games have been woeful.

Dragons suprisingly carrying the nation at the moment.[/b]

Fozastuta what happening over there like why is there a sudden drop in level of welsh regions and noticed last night too that the Ospreys invest too much in oversea talent that they don't really have alot of young talent coming true like I think ye can learn from us in that way. (Elsom inspired Leinster pack and Contepomi the backs, Likes of Dougie, Mafi and Tipoki gave our backline new life while all expierience rubs on to young Irish talent) Like can we all agree Sexton wouldn't be half player he is without influence of Contepomi??

But Ospreys just seem to pass problems on and block upcoming talent in favour of overseas players (especially in backrow)

Latest posts