• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Leinster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 18 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No idea what the previous comment is about. but Jones was first to go down. Thems the breaks.

Incidently, Collins yellow card was also ridiculous. 10 mins for handbags?[/b]
If you watch it when Paul James was on, the exact same thing was happening. He gave the Ospreys the penalty for it later, so he realised.

And, by the way, I definatly am not bias towards the Hairbear Boys.

I felt Hines was MotM too, so I guess it was a shame no one here had Jiffy's phone number.

The Ospreys put in a much better performance than last week, but that's still not good enough. I felt the game really should have been a draw, as whilst not exactly evenly macthed, neither of the sides looked like they'd win the game. If only Holah hadn't kicked...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 19 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 18 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No idea what the previous comment is about. but Jones was first to go down. Thems the breaks.

Incidently, Collins yellow card was also ridiculous. 10 mins for handbags?[/b]
If you watch it when Paul James was on, the exact same thing was happening. He gave the Ospreys the penalty for it later, so he realised.

And, by the way, I definatly am not bias towards the Hairbear Boys.

I felt Hines was MotM too, so I guess it was a shame no one here had Jiffy's phone number.

The Ospreys put in a much better performance than last week, but that's still not good enough. I felt the game really should have been a draw, as whilst not exactly evenly macthed, neither of the sides looked like they'd win the game. If only Holah hadn't kicked...
[/b][/quote]

Dunc agree with ya the ref was very inconsistent at scrum time and even before half time just when Leinster were on 5m line Stan Wright was harshly punished but think front row misses Jones alot and were Ospreys mad giving Holah captaincy last night he is not the influential type and showed last night with that aimless kick at end.

Anyone else think that the Ospreys kit has the gold just to go with Jerry Collins' hair?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Sep 19 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have no problem with Sexton, and hope he is first choice in the AI's and 6N, but certain Munster fans dislike him because of his petulant attack on Lifemi Mafi which he got a ridiculously short ban for, and the incident where he screamed in ROG's face in the semi.[/b]
I'm aware of the debate but stopped paying attention to it as it became a personal dislike by so many of the members there because he wears Blue and not red. Its the same thing over and over.

Leinster fans dont hold Quinlan in the same way. He gouged, got caught, got punished, its forgotten. Sexton had the nerve to scream in O'Gara's face when we scored in the semi and some munster fans keep bringing it up as if its a flaw in his personality. O'Gara is excused it, Quinlan's gouge is forgotten, the sledging of Contepomi never happened, all because they wear Red.

Suddenly this guy stands up and gives some back and a lot of you cry foul. There is no logic to the arguement. Its just a Munster bias. Sexton has been part of the Leinster squad that has been dominated by Munster for a few years. how do you really expect him to react?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 19 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Sep 19 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have no problem with Sexton, and hope he is first choice in the AI's and 6N, but certain Munster fans dislike him because of his petulant attack on Lifemi Mafi which he got a ridiculously short ban for, and the incident where he screamed in ROG's face in the semi.[/b]
I'm aware of the debate but stopped paying attention to it as it became a personal dislike by so many of the members there because he wears Blue and not red. Its the same thing over and over.

Leinster fans dont hold Quinlan in the same way. He gouged, got caught, got punished, its forgotten. Sexton had the nerve to scream in O'Gara's face when we scored in the semi and some munster fans keep bringing it up as if its a flaw in his personality. O'Gara is excused it, Quinlan's gouge is forgotten, the sledging of Contepomi never happened, all because they wear Red.

Suddenly this guy stands up and gives some back and a lot of you cry foul. There is no logic to the arguement. Its just a Munster bias. Sexton has been part of the Leinster squad that has been dominated by Munster for a few years. how do you really expect him to react?[/b][/quote]
Good post.

With respect to the O'Gara/Sexton "incident", it really is a non-issue. If ROG is allowed sledge opponents, what's the problem with somebody doing the same to him? Sledging is part of the game. Nobody batted an eyelid when ROG told Sexton during a game he'd never make it as a pro. Why then is Sexton screaming in O'Gara's general direction worthy of consternation?

Peter Clohessy stamps on a French props head yet he's still a "ligind". Alan Quinlan eye gouges an opponent but he's still a "ligind" yet Sexton and Contepomi (stupidly and petulantly without question) lash out at Munster players and become public enemy number 1 & 2. It smacks of double standards in my opinion.

Sexton is good enough to play for Ireland now. If he's in better form than O'Gara, he deserves the position. I believe he'll be eased into the lineup this season but O'Gara will remain #1. Sexton still hasn't performed consistently for an entire season which may count against him in the short term. I do think he stands a great chance of being Ireland's 10 in NZ 2011. Longer term he may have trouble staving off an improving Ian Keatley and a very gifted Ian McKinley.

As for the Ospreys, how is Scott Johnson qualified to be their top dog? He failed in his short stint with Wales and was a disaster with the USA. He's a great skills coach but a very poor head honcho.

I agree with you and dont hold any grudges towards Sexton over what he did to ROG as in the end it was in Heat of Moment stuff.
But every time we make point about Sexton still having to progress more and make the point that you just agreed about regarding Sexton been understudy for season to ROG we're been so called bitter. When it just been logical like we all know it is Sexton or Keatley for #10 shirt at NZ2011 but rushing them in could damage their development if it start bad.

Also agreed Scott Johnson is a skills coach and no more.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 19 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But every time we make point about Sexton still having to progress more and make the point that you just agreed about regarding Sexton been understudy for season to ROG we're been so called bitter.[/b]
When talking about Sexton is prefaced with "ROG is great and Sexton's a scumbag", then that's bitterness in my eyes and is letting provincial bias get in the way of informed opinion. If people give valid reasons why ROG should be #1 (as you do) I've no problem.

There are bitter fans on both sides of the Leinster/Munster debate, largely fuelled on LF.com and MF.com. Some Leinster fans on that site have blind spots towards Denis Leamy, Alan Quinlan, Ian Dowling and in the past Anthony Foley much like some Munster fans can't fathom how Mal O'Kelly, Girvan Dempsey and Bernard Jackman ever won international caps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Sep 19 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 19 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But every time we make point about Sexton still having to progress more and make the point that you just agreed about regarding Sexton been understudy for season to ROG we're been so called bitter.[/b]
When talking about Sexton is prefaced with "ROG is great and Sexton's a scumbag", then that's bitterness in my eyes and is letting provincial bias get in the way of informed opinion. If people give valid reasons why ROG should be #1 (as you do) I've no problem.

There are bitter fans on both sides of the Leinster/Munster debate, largely fuelled on LF.com and MF.com. Some Leinster fans on that site have blind spots towards Denis Leamy, Alan Quinlan, Ian Dowling and in the past Anthony Foley much like some Munster fans can't fathom how Mal O'Kelly, Girvan Dempsey and Bernard Jackman ever won international caps.
[/b][/quote]

Can't say i agree as leinster fans are similar at times too like alot had poor remarks when Paulie was named captain of the Lions when in my eyes it was great idea as ye've seen even within the Leinster set-up BOD is great leader and will have input but when not 'officially captain' there less pressure and he should be IRB world player of year. And agreed ye didn't make big issue out of Quinny incident but if ye lost would that have been different?

that's slightly different though as one was a proven international captain and the other wasn't.

As for the take the pressure off him nonsense, just how well did O'Driscoll play in the 6 Nations?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 19 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that's slightly different though as one was a proven international captain and the other wasn't.

As for the take the pressure off him nonsense, just how well did O'Driscoll play in the 6 Nations?[/b]

Agreed, BOD was player of 6N and Paul O'Connell was every bit as much a captain as BOD just not offically as i sure BOD was for the LIONS but would Leinster fans not be happy an Irish person got it instead of making issue it wasn't BOD. As we all know tour was very enjoyable one for all players and probably saved the lions brand in some ways.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 19 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 19 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for the take the pressure off him nonsense, just how well did O'Driscoll play in the 6 Nations?[/b]

Agreed, BOD was player of 6N and Paul O'Connell was every bit as much a captain as BOD just not offically as i sure BOD was for the LIONS but would Leinster fans not be happy an Irish person got it instead of making issue it wasn't BOD. As we all know tour was very enjoyable one for all players and probably saved the lions brand in some ways.
[/b][/quote]

my issue was that the best man wasn't picked for the job, just cause that happened to be a Leinsterman suddenly makes me biased. I wouldn't have been one who would have called for Wood to be skipper in 2001 just cause he's Irish as Johnson was clearly the best man for the job.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 19 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 19 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 19 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

my issue was that the best man wasn't picked for the job, just cause that happened to be a Leinsterman suddenly makes me biased. I wouldn't have been one who would have called for Wood to be skipper in 2001 just cause he's Irish as Johnson was clearly the best man for the job.
[/b][/quote]

True but on the reasons Geechs picked Paulie and the way he wants his teams to play Paulie was best man for job !

I agree with you about Woody and I from area near his town but agreed Johnson was best candidate