• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Possible Lions dark horses

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Henson could well happen. I'd be very surprised if it did, but you never know.

As for Turner Hall, he was effective against Leinster in the first half, but they shut him down pretty easily in the second. Big man, very powerful but has he got anything else? Speaking of Harlequins, was it that lad Robshaw that was very impressive last Sunday? peoepl seem to be talking very highly of him a lot.

Quinlan would be a real outsider. The one player everyone loves to hate ............ and secretly wishes he played for them (as it is for me).

I quite like the whole Harlequins back row. Well, not so much Easter but their Flankers are impressive.

I think it'd be wise, especially for the warm-up matches, Matthew Tait could be one, you never know.
Daniel Ward-Smith? Has he not been in ridiculously good form lately?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Apr 14 2009, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm the same. I don't think much of Easter, but sure he'll go.[/b]
why would easter go ?

he is the worst international number 8 in the northern hemisphere and blatantly a league behind several candidates for the lions.

Heaslip
Leamy
R jones
S Taylor
Andy powell

even Dan Ward Smith the englishman is probably higher on mcgeechans list...

Dan Ward Smith could be another outside bet...!

Love to see Quinlan there, getting in the faces of some Saffas. I'd take Hines for the same reason.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Apr 13 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You'd take Jones and Powell over Easter on current form?[/b]

Christ yeah! Remember Leamy and Wallace can both do a good job at 8 (just to add to your list of better candidates). If Sackey travels it'll be a disgrace.

As much as you'd like to think that the lions will be picked from exciting in form players I think you will find that the majority of places that could go either way will go to players who have a number of national caps and have proven themselves previously.... Speaking of disgraces, if Cipriani gets a jersey I will cry.

Andy Powell is one dimensional and as good as that dimension is, I don't think he should tour.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 13 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Alan f***ing Quinlan. Immense as usual yesterday.

I'd go along with the Keith Earls suggestions as well.[/b]

YES!!!!! Quinlan always love him and he would do a great job ******* off the SA's.
also agree with Keith Earls

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tomsey @ Apr 14 2009, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Speaking of disgraces, if Cipriani gets a jersey I will cry.[/b]
Agreed 100%

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Apr 13 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In Geech's last tour as coach, he made some left of centre calls such as selecting Will Greenwood, Paul Wallace and Eric Miller to go on tour. Without doubt there'll be one or two more "baffling" calls this time out. Who do you think some of those players could be? I'm going to restrict a couple of my dark horse picks to players who are currently out of the international reckoning.

Ceri Jones and Mike Ross of Harlequins have been cornerstones of a pack which has demolished pretty much every opponent this year. With the derth of top propping options (other than Adam Jones, Euan Murray and, debateably, Andrew Sheridan), I think one of these guys could be an outside bet to tour.[/b]

Stop ignoring Gethin Jenkins he is twice the player Sheridan is!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Apr 13 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Has there ever been a tourer who hasn't played an International before?[/b]

Brynmor Williams was one o the first as he had to sub fo r Gareth Edwards for Wales.

My dark horses:

Ceri Jones in front of Sheridan
Mike Ross
Tom James
Keith Earls
Jordan Turner-Hall

My dark horses would be :

Robshaw or maybe Strettle

Obvious bias but I don't care B)

Anyone else reading Dean Richards' farce of a Lions team take shape in The Times? Guess who's at number 8 then?! xD
Oh, and all you Anti-Ciprites, get your Kleenexs ready...

If I were in charge neither Powell nor Easter would be touring. Putting Heaslip, Leamy, Jones and Wallace on the plane gives more than enough options at 8.

"Nick Easter" and "Lions tour" should never be uttered in the same sentence unless "should not go on the" is put between them.

Id stake 10 quid on the fact Nick Easter wont go. And I certainly wouldn't take Ben Fodden. Far to inexperienced and he'd be eaten alive by SA.

Its difficult to find dark horses as the party is fairly small and most places have a fair few front runners. Like I think halfpenny is an underdog due to Sacky, Shane Williams, Bowe, Fitzgerald all in with a shout aswell.

Latest posts