• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

POWERGEN CUP FINAL

I couldn't say anyone was out and out better, but he is not of International quality. Other countries all have better players, but England lack quality openside's and Full Back's.

Here are 'English' Full backs I prefer to MVG

Robinson
Lewsey
Balshaw
Perry
Armitage

Problem is not of them are in a state to play for England, Either being retired, Confidence Shattered, Permanently Crocked, out of picture and overlooked.

BM

poor game, really was alet down. the rain f***ed it up, plus watkins played like a ***, and hercus is ****. hes nearly as bad as shaun connor

I worship the Staunton for some strange reason... probably because he is a beast on Rugby 05/06.

I'm sure the Blues would give up some decent players in exchange... maybe... Tasea Lave? No? Yes?

Can't say I was that impressed with Staunton to be honest - he was average with Quins last season, and doesn't seem to be shining at Wasps either.

Abbot on the other hand looked very strong, his line for the try in the 2nd half was excellent - looking forward to him joining Quins next season.

To be honest, I thought the Quins/Bedford and Wasps/Llanelli matches were both pretty poor - although the terrible weather was partly to blame for the latter, and a referee who seemed to think we all wanted to watch him reset endless scrums and listen to his whistle ruined the first.

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 10 2006, 05:35 AM
I worship the Staunton for some strange reason... probably because he is a beast on Rugby 05/06.

I'm sure the Blues would give up some decent players in exchange... maybe... Tasea Lave? No? Yes?
Yeah, I agree. I have never seen Staunton play. He is an awesome player on rugby 05 & 06, I let down by who poor he did play.

Must say that Gareth Jenkins is utter crap as a coach. If he becomes in charge of Wales their will be a Scartletts XV for Wales each game.

Doubt it. GJ knows that there are much better forwards out there than the sacks of poo we've got at Stradey

gareth jenkins is a good coach. i like jenkins as he seems to wear his heart on his sleeve. i have no doubt the phil davies could do a good job with wales, but at the moment i think jenkins is the man for the job.

I do tbelieve that jenkins would be good for the job. He show s the rignt welsh flair needed to help Wales get back on track. I disagree with cyrmo, the scarlets XV are too weak to play at an international level. He would be critised for not using such talent form the other club teams. I cant see any coach leaving out S. Williams and M.Willaims from the welsh squad. I think you should not just think about your club and think about wales. You know that there are great welsh players in The blues side and that missing them out would be stupid. And think you also know that a blues side on thier own could not compete on the international level. You should step back and help encourage the new coach of wales, who ever it might be.

Latest posts