• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

POWERGEN CUP FINAL

Wasps are overall the better side than the scarlets and have developed the knack of winning big matches in knockout competitions over the past few years. It will be a tough ask for the scarlets to win, but i don't think they are that far behind to not get a shot. They are a passionate side and i have no doubt that as many welsh rugby fans as possible will be there to cheer them on. They are the underdogs and i'm expecting either a heroic defeat or a memorable victory against a well organised and clinical Wasps side. If they win it will be through matching them upfront and getting it wide effectively to get round the blitz defence.

The scarlets are capable of all 3 wins, but could conceiveably suffer 3 losses. I think that they will get 1 win maybe two, and probably a bonus point somewhere. That seems likely, but it's not like anyone ever upsets the odds in rugby is it?

i think the scarlets are in quite a good position to make a late serge, i think they can get into the top 4, but it would be hard to over haul ulster.
but i hope they do as the cl has never left wales.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 7 2006, 10:10 AM
i think the scarlets are in quite a good position to make a late serge, i think they can get into the top 4, but it would be hard to over haul ulster.
but i hope they do as the cl has never left wales.
Yeah they will help to make an interesting end to the season, and who knows they may cause some upsets (and help our ***le push if we can get it back on track tonight) but I doubt they could win it.

I take it you mean the CL has never metaphorically left Wales, given that Leinster and Munster have won it.

i mean with the new format, not the two leagues of six with the top 2 going into the playoffs

i mean since its become one big league

heres the second string wasps team

i got to be honest and say how shocked i am that theyve picked a side with so little sexperience, its pretty much their school boy side, and to me shows that they arent taking the threat of the scarlets at all seriously.

Wasps: Van Gisbergen; Sackey, Lewsey, Abbott, Voyce; Staunton, Reddan; McKenzie, Ibanez, Payne; Shaw, Birkett; Worsley, O¿Connor, Dallaglio (capt).
Replacements: Ward, Bracken, Leo, Haskell, Dawson, King, Erinle.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 7 2006, 01:50 PM
heres the second string wasps team

i got to be honest and say how shocked i am that theyve picked a side with so little sexperience, its pretty much their school boy side, and to me shows that they arent taking the threat of the scarlets at all seriously.

Wasps: Van Gisbergen; Sackey, Lewsey, Abbott, Voyce; Staunton, Reddan; McKenzie, Ibanez, Payne; Shaw, Birkett; Worsley, O¿Connor, Dallaglio (capt).
Replacements: Ward, Bracken, Leo, Haskell, Dawson, King, Erinle.
Sarcasism is the lowest form of wit....

I'm think the players I'll be watching closely today will be Popham and King for Scarlets, and McKenzie and Voyce (to see how right or wrong I was about him).

A big game for McKenzie could help him earn a call up for the Summer, considering how stretched our prop resources will be.

The game isn't live in Scotland...instead we have athletics and tennis....big wow. Thankfully, I can watch it live on the internet from ScrumV I think.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Apr 9 2006, 01:15 PM
The game isn't live in Scotland...instead we have athletics and tennis....big wow. Thankfully, I can watch it live on the internet from ScrumV I think.
Have you got Sky TV? Cos If you have, you can get BBC Wales on the t.v list somewhere (I think its 800-900 region)

I remember last autumn internationals where I wanted to watch Scotland v Argentina, but it wasn't on BBC wales, So I found BBC Scotland & watched the match.

I do that frequently, watch different channels for rugby. BBC wales is great for showing rugby, a game pretty much every friday. Also S4C is good, it offers HEC highlights and some live CL games, but one slight problem, its all in welsh.

When is the coverage gonna start, I am sat watching the boring masters!

BM

Originally posted by gjohn85+Apr 9 2006, 01:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-edinburgh_gunner
@Apr 9 2006, 01:15 PM
The game isn't live in Scotland...instead we have athletics and tennis....big wow.  Thankfully, I can watch it live on the internet from ScrumV I think.
Have you got Sky TV? Cos If you have, you can get BBC Wales on the t.v list somewhere (I think its 800-900 region)

I remember last autumn internationals where I wanted to watch Scotland v Argentina, but it wasn't on BBC wales, So I found BBC Scotland & watched the match. [/b]
Yeah I do but me maw never lets anyone else use it cause she always wants to watch some crap about something pointless. Is it a 3.00pm Kick off?

Latest posts