QF: Leinster vs Leicester Tigers

Predicted Winner

• Leinster

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Leicester Tigers

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tad harsh on Kearney. Hasn't played in how long?

In the past however many Leinster matches there has been he's made 0 line breaks, 0 carries, 0 catches, beat 0 defenders and made 0 tackles - not acceptable for a supposedly world class Lions and Ireland fullback.

;)

Well, before the injury he had been off colour for ages. I can't imagine this injury will help that much. Prove me wrong Kearney. Prove me wrong

Well, before the injury he had been off colour for ages. I can't imagine this injury will help that much. Prove me wrong Kearney. Prove me wrong

I still maintain that his dip in form was exaggerated. I remember him having a bloody excellent game against Racing Metro before he got injured, last game I remember him featuring too.

@Dangandan The verdict is still out on McFadden as a winger. It's a touch harsh to say he's not international standard at this stage. He looked lively against both France and Italy and took his try well. Don't remember him looking out of place. He needs a few more outings to show us if he's really up to scratch but he's certainly a better option than Luke on current form.

@Dangandan The verdict is still out on McFadden as a winger. It's a touch harsh to say he's not international standard at this stage. He looked lively against both France and Italy and took his try well. Don't remember him looking out of place. He needs a few more outings to show us if he's really up to scratch but he's certainly a better option than Luke on current form.

that's true.. no other wingers have put their hand up for selection so i suppose he's better than any for the wing. it just worries me that his skill set may get too adapted to the wing as i think Ireland are in more need of a 12 atm.

on the point of Kearney, he's had quite a few months now to get himself ready physically and mentally whereas before he was on a downward slope with no time to turn his game around. i think it's just a matter of waiting and seeing whether he has used that time wisely.

EDIT: imagine with the current electrical form of Earls, obvious class of Bowe and a Kearney reminiscent of his younger self. it would be mouthwatering to see that back three on the attack!

Last edited:
Mystified by the obsession with Fitzgerald - face it guys, he's NOT the special one. Horgan is still class. Nacewa showed a bit of magic. Leinster need Kearney back (and Ireland). McFadden, dunno.

Anyone know if BOD was carrying a weak shoulder into that match - can't remember seeing him wiped out in two tackles before, and he was having trouble late in the match. The Umaga shoulder? I think it was the right each time.

I remember when A. Tuilagi (I think?) ran into his tackle and I swear he dislocated his shoulder - his arm was just hanging limp when he got up and hit the ruck - must've been fine though as he stayed on, but it looked limp later on too

What I don't get with Fitz is that he really was great a year or two ago - is it the time he had out injured that killed off his form?

I remember when A. Tuilagi (I think?) ran into his tackle and I swear he dislocated his shoulder - his arm was just hanging limp when he got up and hit the ruck - must've been fine though as he stayed on, but it looked limp later on too

What I don't get with Fitz is that he really was great a year or two ago - is it the time he had out injured that killed off his form?

Was he even THAT great though? He never had a sort of groundbreaking performance we were all waiting for. To date he only has 2 tries from 21 international caps and they were both against Italy in 09. For Leinster he was always solid and was a great man to have in the Heineken Cup in 09 but he's never set the world alight.

He was a good winger, defo international standard. Earned his place on the wing for the Lions but he hasn't developed into the player we all thought he would be. Still lots of time to prove us wrong mind.

I think he's suffered a bit from being the utility back. He's been shifter from centre to wing, back to centre, to fullback, to wing and back again. Can't be good for player development, look at Matthew Tait.

Was he even THAT great though? He never had a sort of groundbreaking performance we were all waiting for. To date he only has 2 tries from 21 international caps and they were both against Italy in 09. For Leinster he was always solid and was a great man to have in the Heineken Cup in 09 but he's never set the world alight.

I'm mainly going off of the Lions tour, where he impressed me, tbh

I think he's suffered a bit from being the utility back. He's been shifter from centre to wing, back to centre, to fullback, to wing and back again. Can't be good for player development, look at Matthew Tait.

He's played 90%+ of his games on the wing.

Luke Fitz is a good quality winger with everything going for him but he has not hit form since the Lions tour which is a big problem as there was a bit of flair about him then as opposed to at the moment where he is just sliding into "solid" or "****" with schmidt over him I would have expected big things but it doesn't seem to be happening ..hopefully he gets his act together and gets firing once again ..otherwise make ready and make way for Fergus McFadden

Latest posts