QF: Leinster vs Leicester Tigers

Predicted Winner

• Leinster

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Leicester Tigers

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imagine the England vs Ireland game, but Engand are in Green/White/Red and Ireland are in Blue - looked a bit like that

This, save this version of England made a better fist of it.

Lads English fans (especially Bullitt :D ) call O'Gara a choker at times but I now can name a list of Hodgson, Goode (prob just poor anyway) and Flood are all consistent chokers.
This talk of Flood being a Lions 10 should now be ended because he hasn't got the stuff.

Sexton is shaky at times with confidence but alot more reliable. Leicester are out of this now because the max they will get is 1 try and that isn't looking likely.

I'm not certain what you're trying to say... I think it's something along the lines of "Because there are other players who choke, O'Choke doesn't". That's a bit like saying "because there are other thugs out there, Shalk Burger isn't a c*nt". :s

Flood bottled it today. You'd have to be blind to not admit that.

Still, of note, Leicester should never have been allowed to make Leinster sweat at the end. It'll take more then what they gave today to get past Toulouse. Especially with the French record at Lansdowne Road.

TBF Hogson did more good things in the midweek Lions Shirt then O'Choke ever did in the midweek or the tests. On arguably the hardest tour the Lions have ever had.

Also on the form of his life, and has played well the last couple of times he's worn a white jersey - start him against Wales I say

Well, lots to think about after that one. I wouldn't say that we played very well tbh. Fitzgerald was shocking, Heaslip was quiet, the centres didn't get the backline moving at all and we should have been better at the breakdown.

We cheated quite a bit, but all the best teams cheat and I'm sure Leicester have been doing it for years so meh. Leicester were fairly naive imo. You think someone would have had a chat with the ref about Kev McLaughlin constantly grabbing arms in the lineout, but he played the whistle and completely justified his selection. On the possible forward pass, I'd argue that it was momentum that made it seem like a forward one and that'll always happen when a player is passing near a field line. Anyways, had Tuilagi's try stood it would have been due to a forward pass some way back in the move. Swings and roundabouts I feel.

Manu looks like quite a good player, must learn to get his head up more. A good prospect for England. Flood was good, but I thought Youngs was pretty poor. Worrying to see his form drop off so substantially with a world cup only five months away. Leicester scrum was good, lineout poor, backrow average and backs non firing.

Our defence was excellent as per usual, but Isa's break aside we were pretty unimaginative, especially in the second half. Happy to have won, but there'll be tougher tests along the road.

TBF Hogson did more good things in the midweek Lions Shirt then O'Choke ever did in the midweek or the tests. On arguably the hardest tour the Lions have ever had.

Only having laugh Bullitt. But in overall sense (club, national and lions) O'Gara hasn't been as much a choker as others but Flood really bottled it today.
A Leinster v Saints final is hard to see past now though

As I alluded to before, Leinster will need to significantly up their game to get past Toulouse. Or at least up it a little if Biarritz pull off a shock.

I ain't jinxing anything about the other finalists.

I think we played the team in front of us well and we beat Leicester at their own game which is impressive in its own right. Our front was immense and the outplayed their opposite numbers. Ross had a great game and carried well. Healy was everywhere and he helped Leinster get quick ball. Strauss was brilliant he is so dynamic and part of a perfect lineout. Leicester and England should be slightly worried about their admittedly talented but inconsistent half backs. We were very good at the breakdown and although we could have been penalised on occasions so could have Leicester for going of their feet. I think Cockerill must take some blame as his tactic of leaving Castro and Waldrom on the bench back fired big time. I also think Leinster won the physical battle which surprised me and the physicality of the match meant that Leinster couldn't play to much of a creative game. I think our backrow dominated and O'Brien had a very good game at 7 and proved he can be used in different ways. Heaslip was much better than last week but I still think he needs more game time to get him up to speed and so he can fit into the game. McLaughlin had a solid game and was very good (illegal) in the lineout. All in all Leinster beat Leicester up front and in the knock out stages the result is all that matters.

Agreed Bullitt but I just think home advantage will be massive factor in it.
But coonor I agree that Leicester staff must take blame. They're gameplan was awful and well they didn't react early enough

I would imagine O'Driscoll is pleased the TMO couldn't have a look at Nacewa's try.

Was at the match. Not much of a spectacle. Thought Leinster were bad but Leicester were total rubbish.
Fitzgerald was by a mile the worst player on the pitch. He'll never nearly live up to his own hype by the look of things.

I reckon that Leicster are missing Moodey big style ..the ball was too slow getting out today and they were beaten fairly comprehensively at the breakdown.

I think Luke Fitz is the fella that suffered worst from 6 Nations and well his confidence and performances have seemed to dessert him lately. He just hasn't had the luck for example in Ireland colours he was shaky at 15 but every game was launched with bombs then he's dropped and luck would have it Earls goes in at 15, has argubally 1 of his best games in a green shirt and wasn't the subject of bomb after bomb.
I've no doubt Lukes performances will rise again.

didn't see the game so i can't comment on flood, but hodgson can stay well away from the england shirt. too late in his career, and he did nothing against south africa (albeit behind a beaten pack).

Youngs is great when he has a solid platform but like yesterday and against Ireland when his pack isn't securing clean ball he panics and throws poor passes, gets lost around the fringes and kicks poor box kicks.

P.S
Why does this post (and some others) say there is 16 pages but only let you see the posts on the 15th page?

On my screen there's only 15 pages :S

Doesn't bode well that Youngs has been....misfiring? recently - however Danny Care is looking surprisingly good of late, so it's not as if we have to fall back onto Harry Ellis

Yeah, I just meant we've got a decent back up atm, not someone like Harry Ellis....

Latest posts